Sign in to follow this  
elLoCo

ARMA 2 SMK Animations

It´s amazing. It´s all what I always wanted for ARMA 2 and Dayz.

• Like 1

by Thor's Hammer these in DayZ would rock! Hell that grenade lob/roll would have saved me from two different firefights already.

• Like 2

I've gotten this to work with DayZ on my private hive. Along with some other mods.

It really changes combat up, makes it more dynamic. Fighting zombies is both harder and easier, as now it takes some skill mastery to be good at the movements.

• Like 2

Didn't Rocket say he wanted to streamline the animations and make performance better? I love the Mod and this would add so much more to the game, maybe after the release date?

I do think this would add more complexity to the game where even one wrong move could be the end of life as we know it.

• Like 2

Question I had that I was just reminded about by this post.Will the Standalone have better character animations?I seen Rocket mention other stuff,and most of it sounds awesome,but no mention of the actual player animations getting changed.This is why I was very sad to see that the standalone would not be on A3.

• Like 3

I think that this post needs to be on top of the page. New animations(In particular, all these movement types the video shows) need to be in game.

• Like 1

If only DayZ would be compatible with mods like @ACE, @ACRE, @SMK, @SLX, we'd have better gameplay dynamics right now. And we'd have a rough idea of what the standalone should definitely have.

ACE Demonstration:

ACRE Demonstration:

SLX Goremod Demonstration:

Edited by asin
  • Like 2

press turbo forward crouch and left button at the same time and you might be able to do something, very complex key combinations, those look interesting, but that would be very excruciantingly hard to learn

• Like 2

Beans for profile pic alone.

The video was sweet too.

• Like 1

i was just impressed how much is possible in terms of movement.

so spread the word and let's hope that something similar will arise of it

• Like 2

I've gotten this to work with DayZ on my private hive. Along with some other mods.

It really changes combat up, makes it more dynamic. Fighting zombies is both harder and easier, as now it takes some skill mastery to be good at the movements.

Could you show us a video?

Edited by Mitor

jep I posted the exact same thing a while ago xD

http://dayzmod.com/f...smk-animations/

PS.: the search funktion is fubar

I think it´s better for us to make a single post, but maintain it visible so that people can see the post and tell us their opinion.

Hello there

Is not the creator of the mod now working for Bohemia? Or was that another movement mod maker?

Rgds

LoK

Hello there

Is not the creator of the mod now working for Bohemia? Or was that another movement mod maker?

Rgds

LoK

I think his uban prone animations made it into ArmA 3, think he got hired by BI.

• Like 1

Sorry if this is considered a bump or whatever, 4 days isn't much is it?

Anyway, I'd love these in the game! It would be AWESOME! I agree, it'd take a lot more skill to successfully use these, and 1 wrong move could ruin your life! This would add a lot of dynamics into the game, and would need more skill, what movement to use and when!

press turbo forward crouch and left button at the same time and you might be able to do something, very complex key combinations, those look interesting, but that would be very excruciantingly hard to learn

The beauty of the SMK mod is that you can pretty much ignore the new range of movement and play vanilla if you want. You have to keep in mind that other players will use the mod to their advantage though.

The beauty of the SMK mod is that you can pretty much ignore the new range of movement and play vanilla if you want. You have to keep in mind that other players will use the mod to their advantage though.

You've pretty much summed up real life right there. Most people can run, jump, crouch, hold a rifle etc. Some of them have taken the time to learn more complex/effective ways to do those "simple" tasks. They may gain an advantage by doing so, but run the risk of making a mistake somewhere in their complex action and being trumped by someone doing the "simple" task more efficiently.

Moral of the story: if you want to use that high speed manoeuvre, you had better practise until you can do it right when under pressure. Otherwise the KISS crowd will own you.

Love to see this stuff in the game, by the way.

• Like 1