DZR_Mikhail

Infected children in DayZ. Poll.

1. 1. How do you like the idea of adding zombie-children to DayZ?

• I'm against this (I have children)
    • I'm against this (I have no children)
    • I'm indifferent (I have children)
    • I'm indifferent (I have no children)
    • I would like to see it in DayZ (I have children)
    • I would like to see it in DayZ (I have no children)
  2. 2. How adding zombie-children will influence DayZ and it's core concepts?

• DayZ will be much improved. This will help to understand survival better and make right decisions. DayZ will get better and more useful.
    • This will change nothing. Just useless work.
    • The core concepts of DayZ will be jeopardized and it will be a most controversial feature. DayZ reputation will be put at risk.

my point in former post...we are discussing about pixels not real children...!!!

Edited by snowcrAsh42
  • Like 1

my point in former post...we are discussing about pixels not real children...!!!

Exactly - And GTA doesn't have kids in it, because kids can't drive. And you can't steal a car off somebody who can't drive.

Chabowski, you put it a bit more clear now. But please, dont think I blame media and videogames for the psycho going on a killing spree. His insanity peak could be no less effectively triggered by pretty much any random action or thought.

Media and games are just the means for delivering what people try to express or inform. So I judge not games or movies, but the people behind it. The ones who submissed to a weakness or temptation or money and delivered nothing improving the world or people, just strange and may be harmful fun.

I respect art and creativity, and if each child zombie death would be as dramatic as in the Walking Dead series (girl walking out of a barn) it may at least bear some moral message, but we both know itl be just flat and cold and routine. Such things must not get trivial and routine. Do you get my point?

We can agree to disagree, I respect your views.

I still wonder why anyone can be so outraged at a virtual depiction of a child infected with a virus which turns them into a monster. Yet not even bat an eyelid at the same thing happening millions of times over, to adults.

There are subjects in videogames, movies and other artforms that I'm not particularly fond of, but I wouldn't want to deny anyone their right to explore them.

I simply believe freedom of expression should always outweigh peoples disgust/discomfort/fear.

EDIT:(TO COVER MY ASS INCASE I START BITCHING ABOUT SOMETHING LATER ON) I may occasionally find myself a becoming bit of a hypocrite, but I try to remind myself that everyone is an individual, with their own views. And whether I share those views or not, they should be respected.

Edited by Chabowski
  • Like 2

I would love to kill some infected children.

Zombie kids is a good idea but it will always be more of an effort due to all the people it would piss off.. like the chap said above about the pegi rating for example...

Remember when L4D 2 came out in AUS ? and how much it got fucked on without us having the r+18 rating and because the attorney general is an old crusty idiot.. obviously we have the r+18 rating now but its still an example..

People dont like dead kids anywhere at anytime in games and movies even if its fictional..

anyway, i just think it would create alot of unnecessary hasle even though i would like to see it !

It would do nothing to increase immersion and would only contribute to a possible scandal.

And personally, i consider children off limits.

Chabowski: I only have one question for you. Do you think that there will be enough "story" in the standalone to make the addition of children to the game an EFFECTIVE change to the atmosphere?

After playing Skyrim and having these shit head children running around, and not being able to kill them, i wouldn't mind popping a few bullets into a zombie kid's head.

I don't really care if they do, but it's probably not a good idea. There are tons of easily butthurtable people in the world with lots of money and power that would just bring unwanted attention.

Chabowski: I only have one question for you. Do you think that there will be enough "story" in the standalone to make the addition of children to the game an EFFECTIVE change to the atmosphere?

Is there ANY story in DayZ? No.

Is there ANY atmosphere? I'll let it speak for itself.

All the atmosphere is created by the reaction of your psyche to the stimulus provided.

No, why, its a subtle and ethical question, not only will this add almost anything to the game, most people i play with have kids, and they wont like this, this can be the reason we will leave if this is implemented, but perhaps it could change gameplay. Since its going to be only an aestheticc change, i am totally against!!!!! I might even leave, no kids should be harmed, and if you do this, where are you going to stop? Children as optionable skin? NO, this is a very hard ethical and moral question, lets not even go into this, its too tiring and we do not want to portray the image of child killers.

I would be against too, but after seeing that walking dead episode where this zombie girl is shotI think it's alright for dayz to feature that. if it's done so that the children don't look like real children anymore (make them really agressive with blood and wounds like infected in 28 days later), then it won't cause any problems in most countries. There were babies in silent hill, children zombies in dead space, and even in bioshock where you could "harvest" little girls, so really I think it won't be such a problem.

And another thing.

Fuck morality.

EDIT : the "fuck morality" is not aimed to anyone who posted on this forum, just my personal opinion, limits are meant to be crossed.

Edited by Bat

You wouldn't need any story to throw in kid zombies. It would just come naturally...

if they wanted to make it as realistic as possible i say have old people with walkers or canes, women, children (if they wanted to be kind of creepy with some toy in their hand), animals like dogs and infected ones too and maybe npcs

Personally I'm all for it and would totally be behind adding child zombies.

However I do understand that the amount of people that would take offence (not on this board mind you,) severely outnumber me, and people that share this opinion.

Therefore apart from commercial suicide I think it would just add more controversy where it isn't needed.

People watching Fox News don't hear about the next Final Fantasy game, or Fallout. No, they hear about 6 days in Fallujah, Postal, GTA, etc..

These people eventually killed 6 days in Fallujah a game I would have loved to see.

What I'm trying to say is that controversy can kill a game if enough people in power (in 6 day's case) are riled up against it.

Is it fair? No, it's adding to the degradation of quality and innovation in digital entertainment. It is however there, and a very potential threat to our lovely corner of the market.

Controversy can also very much help.

Seriously though it is a horror game aiming for realism so there should be all kinds of infected people. Since sales aren't a priority the ratings should not be a problem. Ever since the first interview I saw about this game the goal of making me as the player feel emotions always seemed to be the most important aspect of the game and murderous children would really have an emotional impact, as would infected elderly and whatnot.

If I get killed because I hesitated for five seconds wondering if I could shoot a kid... well then; mission accomplished. I have never had to deal with that in a game and I truly hope that DayZ will force me to.

Sorry if this came out as a mess... I lack caffeine.

Is there ANY story in DayZ? No.

Is there ANY atmosphere? I'll let it speak for itself.

All the atmosphere is created by the reaction of your psyche to the stimulus provided.

That's my point. There is NO storyline. Therefore, there's no addition to the story by adding child zombies, which will have no effect on the game other than to provide "let's kill some kids" fodder for youtube.

Put them in. And increase gore massively.

Hopefully this will lead to the game having big red warning stickers saying 18+ all over it. This may in turn reduce the amount of RL children playing standalone.

The forum is bugged and poll is starting to disappear. I have to open it, add empty field and save - it appears again. Then after some time Poll disappears again. If this continues I'll close the topic and the results will hopefully freeze and poll won't disappear.

We had similar problem with poll in the Russian section.

No, why, its a subtle and ethical question, not only will this add almost anything to the game, most people i play with have kids, and they wont like this, this can be the reason we will leave if this is implemented, but perhaps it could change gameplay. Since its going to be only an aestheticc change, i am totally against!!!!! I might even leave, no kids should be harmed, and if you do this, where are you going to stop? Children as optionable skin? NO, this is a very hard ethical and moral question, lets not even go into this, its too tiring and we do not want to portray the image of child killers.

Theres nothing ethical about this whatso ever. Way up to make a big deal out of nothing. Lets seperate the line here you know between a GAME and reality. There's absolutely

nothing ethical or wrong about having babies in computer games, newsflash we've had zombie babies before in games. Shock horror it dident cause a moral break down or any ethical high jinks.

GTFO your high horse and stop trying to insinuate theres an issue when there isent. Are you a 'News of the World' journalist by any chance?

If they add zombie children then I want zombie cows too!

Edit:Also, it's not a child, it's a zombie, it wants to eat you.. so kill it like you would any other threat!

Edited by Dr.Duff