TheMachine

There should be no high grade weapons in standalone

No matter how many times this is said, people just don't get it.

theres also something people never get. The fact that DayZ is DayZ. Lets stop thinking 'ARMA II world gone zombie' and start thinking 'DayZ will have its own backstory'Yes , as it stands the mod is branched from ARMA, but that doesn't mean its tied to it. currently its just used as a weak sauce reason why the games full of the usual PVP lulz guns atm.

Sorry I didnt read all yr posts so dunno if someone has mentioned this. There are a couple of mods for arma 2 that would make life more interesting (and death). The ACE (advanced combat environment) mod for a start, as it adds things like weapon jamming and wind drift (you try hitting a target at 600m in a strong wind) and most importantly the bunny hop mod (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17547) so I can jump fences as I flee!

Anyway, it would be cool if some of these mods were incorporated into Dayz. Just sayin....

theres also something people never get. The fact that DayZ is DayZ. Lets stop thinking 'ARMA II world gone zombie' and start thinking 'DayZ will have its own backstory'Yes , as it stands the mod is branched from ARMA, but that doesn't mean its tied to it. currently its just used as a weak sauce reason why the games full of the usual PVP lulz guns atm.

Except the two games are directly tied in together, as far as backstory, location, ect.

Except the two games are directly tied in together, as far as backstory, location, ect.

No. The mod is tied to the game of ARMA, due to its very nature as a mod. Currently the mod has about two paragraphs of backstory.

But DayZ the game (i.e standalone) doesn't have to be tied to ARMAs backstory in anyway at all.

The only reason the mod does share environment with ARMA is because it would have been a fuck-ton of work for Rocket to alter things, when i'm pretty sure he just wanted to get the first draft of DayZmod running. Rockets stated that he wants to move DayZ standalone into its own context, this will be placing it in its own setting backstory etc.

So the argument that DayZ standalone should have to fit into the ARMA timeline is well, simply bollocks really.

Edited by Never

Well we started running the fallujah map and it was great for the first few day cause helli crashes were not spawning any guns, no l85 no m107 and no as50, excellent but sadly its fixed now.

Well we started running the fallujah map and it was great for the first few day cause helli crashes were not spawning any guns, no l85 no m107 and no as50, excellent but sadly its fixed now.

Gets mod for military simulator

Dissapointed to see Military weapons...

Seriously not just aimed at you but what on earth were you people thinking was going to be included????

Gets mod for military simulator

Dissapointed to see Military weapons...

Seriously not just aimed at you but what on earth were you people thinking was going to be included????

Fishbats.

Fishbats.

yes i can understand that... but on a serious note you follow the back story of DayZ and look at the fact it's a mod for ARMA and it makes the Argument completley invalid.

Good grief, there must be better ways of working through puberty than the DayZ forums. I need a refund of the last five minutes.

I understand why these weapons are in the mod, but i agree that some of them need to be removed or replaced for the standalone.

I am no expert on Eastern European weaponry but i would assume most of the military use AK's. These should be pretty abundant around bases and whatnot. But finding thermally scoped snipers seems an overkill.

IMO the highest grade weapons available should be the AK's and Russian equivalent of the DMR (SVD Camo?). Most survivors should be running around with shotguns, enfields and makarovs, not AS50's, M107's or the like.

I understand why these weapons are in the mod, but i agree that some of them need to be removed or replaced for the standalone.

I am no expert on Eastern European weaponry but i would assume most of the military use AK's. These should be pretty abundant around bases and whatnot. But finding thermally scoped snipers seems an overkill.

IMO the highest grade weapons available should be the AK's and Russian equivalent of the DMR (SVD Camo?). Most survivors should be running around with shotguns, enfields and makarovs, not AS50's, M107's or the like.

Spot on, AK's and such would be primary weapons in the eastern states.. though in such a crisis NATO would be involved and the weapons would be greatly varied, but not on the scale it is now... Mosin Nagnets, Makarov's AK's Shotguns should all be the standard weapon set up's while running about, higher tier weapons like AK Kobra's Druganov's (why are there no Druganov's) Remmington Combat Shotguns and AA12's.. chopper crashes should include M16's LA85's AS50's what not being them NATO crashes!!

Just a little something i thought would make a little more sense in my eyes!

No high military grade weapons in a soviet-controlled country with a military that manages to keep a rack of of ak's just lying in a tent...

...sir, I think your logic doesn't seem to compute -_-