rocket

20 words or less: Super-Low Humanity Detection

YES

Very great idea rocket, well done

Yes (Again)

Rocket, if you change the heartbeat sound, for TENSION SONG?:

(This theme is insane... :S)

YES.

Perhaps the bandit should have the same heartbeat as the one perceiving him. To try and create something that puts the stress of decieving others into a tangible feeling.

NO

Because humanity is damn broken at the moment, so there should be no consequences for having low humanity.

I killed someone in self-defence (he shot me to 6000 health) and ever since that moment no amount of killing bandits or patching up people with blood bags has turned me back to a survivor...

YES

However, if you shoot someone who you sense is an extreme threat (heavy heartbeat) does that detract from your humanity?

Yes

Make it easier to regain humanity since you can't see your own.

Also, heartbeat goes away after certain time (Groups)

YES(ish)

Sounds good, important though that it works as intended and only play the sound when looking 100% directly at the player. Also detection should only work very close, wouldn't want it to be a sniper detection tool.

NO - The people who it would be useful against, would've shot me by now.

YES.

Suggestions to releave some concerns:

No elevated heartbeat for players with negative humanity unless the opposing players level exceeds his by 10000 points in the negative range.

With higher humanity levels the range of which the player experiences this sensation increases.

Upon activations the effect should only last for 5 seconds until the target would leave field of view and reappear.

------

Additional suggestion; a counter for sobbing bandits:

Panic medication. Effect lasts 2 hours. Releaviates the player from panicing around zombies, but also dampens his spirit; reducing both the chance of alerting other players of his humanity level as well as himself being alerted. Also highly addictive and will after used 5 times without 48 hours passing in between intakes cause continuous and severe panicking 4 hours after consumption, and additional shaking and greyed vison setting in 5 hours after consumption. After effects will not fade until 8 hours have passed since intake unless treated with new dosage or 1 painkiller/hour. The pasient will continue to experience these side effects until he has endured a period of 48 hours clean of any effects from the drug.

NO

Real bandits wouldn't necessarily give anything away. See how the fixed direct chat affects PvP before trying something like this. I think the idea of having blood on clothing after kills works much better. Have it fade over time. This adds ambiguity to whether or not someone is a bandit. It adds a lot of tension and indecision, which is what the game needs.

Yes

As long as we dont have usb heartbeat devices that captures our stress level. we need something like this.

Just make it so that it's not annoying for bandit groups. (Constant super-high heartbeat when you're close to your buddies...). Or can be heard from too far. Anything that punishes hiding is bad (wait! I heard my heartbeat! Somebody's behind that door!). If so, YES.

YES

But, I, for one, will still KoS and let God sort 'em out. This is an ambush game where any hesitation or unwillingness to capitalize on tactical initiative will be the death of you. No time to check for heartbeat or any such nonsense.

What happens if I'm lying down next to my friends in a field and we all have low humanity? Are we just gonna hear BABUMP BABUMP BABUMP the entire time? I don't wanna hear old people having sex

Yes

I think its an interesting but subtle way to give incentive to not just shoot first and ask questions later.

YES

I think bandits shouldn't be able to hear the heartbeats. anything to refrain from going into that lifestyle

YES

Seems like it will add atmosphere. Make sure it's subtle. Has to be direct line of sight within a reasonable distance, definitely worth a shot.

Addendum: Maybe the lower your humanity, the less you get that feeling? eg: A bandit can only detect someone with lower humanity, or detects them much worse.

NO

Blood on their clothes, darting eyes, and a sort of left to right wiggle of the head is better than a heartbeat.