rocket

20 words or less: Super-Low Humanity Detection

Yes

but maybe it should be your heart that perks up when other humans are around

Yes

But karma rewards for pozitive actions should be more then, like for bandaging an ally or some new features, like for trading. Maybe add some sound for pozitive karma? Like singing birds or a halo or sunshine on the players (I have no idea what Im talking about).

Clarifying points:

- Line-of-sight is required. You have to be looking at them.

- It is for VERY low humanity.

- Players will not know their humanity.

- Players will not know how their humanity is perceived by others.

- Some randomness will be introduced into the process.

Ideally I think humanity should be reflected in facial features. The lower your humanity the more grisled your facial features (stress lines, arched brows, clenched jaw). Unfortunately it seems like something like this would be difficult to implement (I'm guessing the Arma2 engine would make it near impossible).

NO

Maybe if your character said something like "This guy looks like trouble" for bandits or low humanity people or "He looks like a good guy" for normal survivors

NO.

Stalk someone and judge their trustworthiness on their behaviour. Use direct comms to hail them if you think they're ok.

Yes

Just make sure the sound does not get so loud that it would block other sounds. It sould also not count against your humanity if you kill someone with very low humanity.

Ideally I think humanity should be reflected in facial features. The lower your humanity the more grisled your facial features (stress lines' date=' arched brows, clenched jaw). Unfortunately it seems like something like this would be difficult to implement (I'm guessing the Arma2 engine would make it near impossible).

[/quote']

Right idea, but how it works with full facelist?

---------------------------

Mb blood spots on cloth`re better?

YES

This way still requires skill and judgement on your part in order to take a decision about this person, it just gives you some more info. And also, alpha so why not try it?

No, because a bandit should be able to trick other survivors by words/actions; this is a matter of truth, diplomacy, needs, the use of direct voice chat (an awesome feature that some servers are removing for some obscure reason) and, considering that most of the bandits generally are sneaking dogs they are anyway not going near to players enough to be "heartchecked".

Considering that actually if you are that near to a bandit you are:

1. Already dead

2. Lucky because he didn't shoot

It will eventually become like the bandit skin (with less consequences of course) like this: "sorry man I am friendly, I know my heartbeat is strange but I had to kill those guys because they shot me first" etc.

Also, this won't solve the problem of static bandit snipers all around the map shooting for sport.

Remember, this would not affect bandits (who have maybe -2000 to -5000 humanity generally) but super-bandits.

NO

Because it doesn't make sense to me or better said "What's the deal with it?" (It won't fix the KoS problem)

Remember' date=' this would not affect bandits (who have maybe -2000 to -5000 humanity generally) but super-bandits.

[/quote']

A survivor will never be near enough to hear a superbandit heartbeat; it can be only useful when someone pass nearby a ghillie-suited superbandit prone and ready to ambush but, hey, you can count this event in single digits.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

thats 20.

It's the bandit skin in heartbeat form.

YES

I'd say it's worth giving it a try. Maybe not the perfect solution, but much better than the previous ones.

NO

If you are directly looking at a super bandit (very close as well) chances are you wont be able to hear the subtle heartbeat sound over the gunfire he sends in your direction..

No.*

I don't think this will fix the issue. This also might also give any hearing-impaired players an additional disadvantage.

*I am fine with trying it out as an experiment and think it adds some interesting atmosphere. I just don't think this will address this particular issue.

YES

Although the distance trail off could be confussing, and it would have to work at great ranges to be of use.

YES!

Great ide, please also add an alteration in visual presence if the bandit is a baddy this would be step 2 in the baddyness scale.

YES

Don't use audio (would annoy team members); a visual heart or location chevron. Tie proximity to text chat distance.

YES.

But no audio... just add another FACE icon on the right to resemble the player you're looking at, below the zombies eye's and ears. Then have the face icon change color too (green high humanity, red low humanity), so we can see quickly the player in questions level.

You could also have the icon change to the real color over distance. Far away it would always be green.. then as they run closer it slowly changes to red. So if you're really close, you can tell exactly what they are.