rocket

20 words or less: Super-Low Humanity Detection

NO

Too unsubtle. If the only time we hear the heartbeat is this, we will know too fast.

It should take longer/more gut feeling, like sweating/eyes darting around/hands shaking just slightly.

NO

There's a reason the Bandit morph was removed, and this is similar. It's another "scarlet letter" that punishes self-defense.

YES

I think this would add to the atmosphere greatly. However, it's super rare that you bump into someone close enough to detect this.

NO

I really like the idea. Seems very cumbersome for those traveling in groups. Mousewheel to 'friend' a bandit = YES.

Yes I like it. When you are near a low humanity, you hear flies cuz you just shit your pants.

YES

Very smart solution to "sensing" something wrong about someone. Probably add to tension of encounters. test it out.

No, humanity shouldnt be a function. The thing that makes people kill on sight is the TIME put in their character and TIME to meet up with friends again etc.

Make TIME more accessible, and maybe then, people will be willing to take more risks.

NO

Any sound will give away my position to enemies if they get a bit close. Visual indicators would be much better.

Yes

It would definitely be an interesting mechanic to try out.

NO

Any sound will give away my position to enemies if they get a bit close. Visual indicators would be much better.

As rocket said' date=' you would need to be looking [b']directly at the player in order to hear the heartbeat.

Yes.

Would create an interesting atmosphere change. Definitely worth a trial.

YES.

Adds an identifier that may or may not observed. However, the bandit will just ask his friend if he can hear his heartbeat. I would like to see visual identifiers from a greater distance. Ssomething like stance, hygiene, etc.

As rocket said' date=' you would need to be looking [b']directly at the player in order to hear the heartbeat.

We often hide in dense vegetation out of sight. When being hunted or hunting other bandits you sometimes have to get close and stalk them checking under trees etc. Anything that can give an indication, even at close range, would be a huge advantage. "It's my bandit detector, I just point this here gadget at a bloody tree and it tells me if he's in there, hur."

No again

Plus also to void the mechanic all you have to do is shoot each other in the leg and give transfusions to bump humanity back up.

YES

i would like the idea of that, like your mind telling you to be careful around that person

No.

Make low humanity detection tied to zombie detection.

Make zombies food of choice the morally corrupt.

Increased agro range for bandits. Bandits get a multiplier for detection of actions.

YES.

*****So long as Sniper scopes give noise on the heartbeat relative to the distance where you're zoomed in to. If that makes sense >_>*****

We often hide in dense vegetation out of sight. When being hunted or hunting other bandits you sometimes have to get close and stalk them checking under trees etc. Anything that can give an indication' date=' even at close range, would be a huge advantage. "It's my bandit detector, I just point this here gadget at a bloody tree and it tells me if he's in there, hur."[/quote']

You're making a couple of assumptions here.

We don't know if the heartbeat can be heard when vegetation is blocking the line of sight between two players.

We also don't know how long we must aim at a player until the heartbeat sound plays.

I agree with you, it would be stupid if we could just sweep our crosshair across the treeline until we hear a heartbeat.

However, I'm confident that rocket knows what he's doing and that this mechanic won't turn into a pseudo-wallhack.