rocket

20 words or less: Super-Low Humanity Detection

YES

Simply something has to be implemented.

But will this not cause bandits to shoot first from a distance.

If you made close interactions more important/necessary (other than blood bag transfusion) it could work very well.

So many Yes-Voters seem to think that bandits will let them get even remotely close enough to look at them or check them for things like "blood splatter". Good luck finding such a polite ( and stupid ) bandit ;)

But it's not about finding bandits. It's about survivors identifying people they might be able to trust and not shoot on sight. Bandits are not the problem, they are needed in this game. It's the shoot everyone on sight that is the problem (IMHO).

No, it would probably take more on the servers and require a lot of unrequired work, and I highly doubt i would look at my someones face.

YES.

But will have the same shortcomings as the bandit skins. Self defense kills counting as murders=low humanity.

This is the only issue I see. Your humanity should NOT be affected if you kill a very low humanity player. That wouldn't make sense.

YES

Gets rid of the cartoony bs like bandit skins, makes it an interesting dilema that you have to puzzle.

YES

(in principle)

Still won't help much against (long range) ambushes, but at least it's some step.

P.S.

Why not also a YES or NO poll with these questions for some easy statistical overview?

YES

As a bandit with low humanity,how about manic giggling,talking to your self etc( in the same way when your hurt you scream in pain) which can also alert zombies and other players.

It means you can tell a bandit close up and the bandit himself has a hard time sneaking around players and zombies.

The pro's for the bandit is easy loot,as always.

YES

As a bandit with low humanity' date='how about manic giggling,talking to your self etc( in the same way when your hurt you scream in pain) which can also alert zombies and other players.

It means you can tell a bandit and the bandit himself has a hard time sneaking around players and zombies.

The pro's for the bandit is easy loot,as always.

[/quote']

That is the scariest idea i've ever read. Could you imagine crawling through a town at night, avoiding zombies and then hearing a psycho giggling away? Fuck.

NO.

Basically, my friend states it like this.

What id someone shoots at you, so you kill them but then it turns out that he was not a bandit, so you get a murder, but you dont know that because the system wont tell you/him until you get really low. You were just defending yourself.

So then you go and try to team up with someone, but he shoots you for being a bandit, but you have NO idea why he shot you because YOU DONT KNOW YOU ARE LABELED AS A BANDIT BECAUSE YOU DONT KNOW YOUR OWN HUMANITY! Its not your fault if you did self defense!

you cant act like a bandit, but get treated as one anyways and its not even your fault!

now i know people will say "thats a one off" but if the system never resets, i could see myself easily defending myself 5 times aganist survivors who shoot first.

YES.

But will have the same shortcomings as the bandit skins. Self defense kills counting as murders=low humanity.

This is the only issue I see. Your humanity should NOT be affected if you kill a very low humanity player. That wouldn't make sense.

It wont have the same shortcomings as the bandit skins because it will be more subtle. You'll only hear the heartbeat from far away if your humanity is VERY low. Say 5 kills+.

I think it's VERY important that the heartbeat sounds out if you spot someone with low humanity using binoculars or through a scope or even holding breath zoomed.

NO.

Me and my group tend to have low humanity. Hearing a heartbeat constantly because of them would be irritating.

(Sidenote/suggestion) It would be a yes if it only played the noise for people who had less (15k?) than your humanity. That way I wouldn't have to hear it constantly, but other players could still use it to their benefit.

NO

Whilst interesting I don't want to be running around with mates and having to put up with these mechanics knowing I'm safe from them.

YES

Anything that can help to distinguish serious players from CoD kids is good.

*BUT* why removing it from the debug menu? I can just ask to my team mate how he "perceive" me to know about my humanity. It will only penalize the lonewolfs (those ones with no friends to ask to.. lol).

YES

with the following additions,

-volume or speed increase based on % of humanity of bandit (determines how bad)

- randomness variable included (changing volume/speed) based on time player (not bandit) is alive (advantage of a seasoned survivor)

- some time near bandit (5 mins or whatever) the mechanic turns off (odds are player is grouped with bandit)

Something like SWG dark side face changes, maybe more noticable to a high humanity survivor.

Great mod Rocket love it!

No.

Once everyone has Direct 100% bug-free, actual human voice will do the job.

This would break the infiltration gameplay.

(20 words, I win a cookie?)

NO

Heartbeat isn't the answer for many reasons listed. Whole humanity system is fundamentally flawed as is.

Would rather see murders visibly make players faces more gnarly but maybe outside ability of modding. Humanity needs and overhaul before anything else gets done.