rocket

20 words or less: Super-Low Humanity Detection

YES

Something has to be done to try and control the shoot on sight mentality everyone has adopted. Right now everyone is a bandit because it's the only safe way to play.

Yes, but problem: self-defense = murder

Solution?: Flagging. Start PvP-, attack a PvP- then flag PvP+. Attack a PvP+ when PvP- then stay PvP-. Kill a PvP- then lose humanity. Kill a PvP+ lose no humanity. Add this to your proposed heartbeat.

Rick in Walking Dead waited until the guys in the bar flagged themselves PvP+ before he attacked them.

YES

It's simple and sounds effective. Would love to see if/how this changes the game.

No.

Make low humanity detection tied to zombie detection.

Make zombies food of choice the morally corrupt.

Increased agro range for bandits. Bandits get a multiplier for detection of actions.

That would be an interesting idea...if the zombies were the good guys. But they aren't so NO

YES

It sounds far from perfect, but its better than nothing.

Amusing reading the complaints of "ROCKEY NO DIS WILL BREK ME HIDING IN BUSHES WITH SNIPAR FUR HOURS!! D:" (which it wouldnt in most situations if you bothered to read Rockets details of the proposed change). Also lol at how those who dont wish to do the same are labelled as "whiny bitches.." Seems the opposite is true imo.

Think you hit a nerve rocket, keep goin :D

No

Replaces deep and dynamic player to player interaction with gamemechanics which cheapens the game experience.

Yes

Lower the humanity, the louder the sound ... and especially for the bandit itself to have some crazy noise all the time, noise of footsteps around him, of shooting guns, of zombies and he never know if it's real or just his imagination.

I think NO, but maybe it worth a try.

Something need to be done, this game shoudn't turn into a deathmatch game, only "kill on sight".

Why not imagine to loose humanity if you stay too much time far away from other pleople . Human is a "social animal".

No....

Maybe people with low humanity would be covered with more and more blood.

You should also beable to recognize friends. In real life you can recognize people you know.

YES

Delivers exciting gameplay. Sense of fear, fast reaction thinking, are critical to survival. Its an aspect that most games don't have. (:

YES

Sounds great. And to be honest, if you run around killing people, you just might look/ behave a wee bit different.

YES

Still think that bandit morphing was genious, but this is better than nothing.

Also I'm quite interested how it will work with my friend (he has -375000 humanity three weeks ago)

NO

I want to find out myself who is good or bad - even by death

NO

It's not needed. You should always be taking a chance when dealing with others survivors. Heartbeats will just make people think "oh he killed someone better kill him before he gets me".

At first I was going to say yes but then I thought about all my encounters with the unknown survivor(s). My adrenaline pumped as I watched from a decent ways away observing their behavior. "Do I kill this guy? Is he alone? He doesn't know I'm here so I'll watch blah blah".

Maybe an alternative would be they are "cold blooded" killers right? why not make their temp drop quicker than other people. They would have to stock up on heat packs and stay indoors (when raining) or make campfires to maintain a survivable temp. Sorry this ran on for so long but thats my 2 cents.

No

Because no, if anything your screen should have a screen effect, not a sound (that makes no sense in the first place)

initially you should be able to look near someone and hear the sound, and after a few seconds it goes back to having to look directly at them, with all the other mechanics of sound decreasing over distance and whatever staying the same

No.

The mystery should be part of the mod. This takes away from that and I feel could hamper the experience if you knew who was a bandit by mousing over them.

Also, I'm going to need to add this, sorry Rocket that I'm breaking your 20 word count, but there is also the problem of. What if you're hard of hearing/deaf and you play this. There is a reason why stuff like this also has a visual indicator, is so people with hearing problems don't miss the cues :).

Sorry for the paragraph but I felt the need to get my two points across. Either way, I think you'll make the right decision :)