rocket

20 words or less: Super-Low Humanity Detection

YES

but only if it is EXTREMELY close and DIRECTLY looking. How close are we talking? 5m? 10m?

I want to be able to sneak up behind someone with an MP5SD and kill them without them knowing, as I have always been able to.

I don't want to be forced into a sniping role as a person with low humanity.

YES

Its an experiment, and it could actually work very well.

YES

"The message is too short. Please enter a message longer than 5 characters."

NO

It would get so annoying when you're with your group.

"Steve, hold still, gonna drop that ammo in your pack." LUB DUB LUB DUB LUB DUB LUB DUB LUB DUB

YES

But only as long as it's very subtle, and not like SCREEN GOES DARK HEART BEAT LOUD ALL YOU CAN HEAR kinda thing. For the reason the guy above me stated.

Perhaps if you have huge negative humanity you don't hear it, that would mean it wouldnt have a negative effect on bandit groups. But also it would be like blokes fit in with rough blokes and don't notice the little things, but someone else would notice the subtleties in attitude and what not.

YES!

The perfect way to demonstrate humanity! Not visual, but subtle, told by body language.

No.

Friendly players that seek out others would just as often often be labeled ingame as bandits due to self defense.

YES (kind of)

I think a small visual clue would be more effective (maybe a bandanna)

Easier to see at range and not overpowering

No.

I have a feeling people would abuse this on no crosshair servers. You could scan the screen for heartbeats.

YES

I think this a good idea. Its at least worth a try. I play a bandit and sometimes feel that the people who dont are at a major disadvantage if I want to kill then ill just shoot them in the face, whereas they will run around pointlesly asking people weather they are friendly or not. Survivors have no chance against bandits and it hink this will even the odds a bit and also help prevent some cases of unneccesary murder.

NO

I disagree with this just because I don't want something artificial displaying someone's humanity. Why would a bandit have a louder heartbeast IRL?

No, audio cues are too ambiguous, and the ones with special identifiers should be survivors not bandits. Give survivors red medic +'s on their arms and a red neck scarf. Getting low humanity is easy; maintaining full humanity is not. Sorry I exceeded the word limit =(.

YES

Let's experiment. Alternative: visual/screen effects (e.g. flashes or color change). Persistent could be bad, each char is different.

YES

I would say they should look at how far does a person need to be in order for someone to read another person's face/expressions. I read somewhere it was about 25 ft or less /or about 8 meters or less. Of course if something is in the way or night this figure could be different.

A cone/line of sight mechanic could be used to show if an object is in the way.

YES

However, the way humanity is assigned needs to be addressed.

You should receive humanity for killing those with low humanity, and lose lots of humanity for killing those with high humanity.

I'm unsure what players should start with for humanity.

NO

I disagree with this just because I don't want something artificial displaying someone's humanity. Why would a bandit have a louder heartbeast IRL?

It's not about the bandit having a heart beat, it's your own heartbeat increasing because you are getting anxious and filled with adrenaline.