rocket

20 words or less: Spawning without a weapon

YES

This would make the gameplay that much more intense, and make death an even more important event.

YES.

This game feels too much like a deathmatch atm, this would make it feel more like survival horror.

NO, but less mags/supplies.

A lot of people keep a "bug out bag". 9mm pistol, couple mags, flashlight, couple cans of beans/coke, maybe a canteen. I also have a knife/compass/watch/map/matches IRL but i enjoy having to find those as well.

Reduce to 2 mags.

yes

but also reduce starting gear, so new spawned players are of reduced interest for bandits. maybe add tin cans and bottles into inventory so it can be throwed to distract zeds.

YES

but lower spawn rate of selected weapons. Draw out that "middle game"

NO

I don't see this as a wise move, though you're right about "Who has a handgun at home?" but there are many more factors in the mod that could be questioned the same way. I know for a fact I'd like to play out my zombie fantasies as if I'd already owned a gun before hand.

Suggestion:

Maybe instead of taking away the handgun altogether, reduce the amount of ammunition.

There are a lot of people that do own handguns, but they wouldn't have 6 clips ready to load. Maybe 1 or 2 magazines are enough to start off with.

NO

But decrease mags/supplies greatly (Gives bandits less incentive to hunt newly spawns)

YES

... a fine idea. zombies are ATM easy enough to avoid, players too. Would add a nice spash of challenge! Of course "knock-on" effects will need to be looked at: weapon spawn rates/locations, player spawn locations etc.

let try it!

NO

It doesn't make the game more challenging. It just forces you to spend some extra time scavenging for a sidearm. Which would just slow things down enough to begin to make it monotonous and boring.

The zed aren't the real threat in the game. If you can crawl, you can avoid them. Surviving against other players in a lawless world is the real challenge. The zed just add a layer of complexity to it. Taking the starting pistol away (or reducing the ammo) just gives already established players a huge edge they don't need. Thus making the game less challenging to them. IMO, the focus should be on challenging established players who have military grade weapons and vehicles. Making starting/respawing players less effective counters that.

YES

You will never remove griefers, but I've seen little of it anyway. Personally I say you start with nothing.

YES

Give it a shot. Else try it with just 1 or 2 Makarov Mags.

I think spawn without weapon would be bad, especially now. Because I'm not able to find a weapon. I already got a DMR, but I never (!) saw another weapon since i get it.

Spawn with less ammo is probably much better. (:

Yes' date=' and to combat people deathmatching specifically on the coast, spread all of the spawns out throughout the entire map instead of centralizing it on the coast (make everyone start out in one of those brown civilian houses you can enter in anywhere on the map). It also gives players a starting chance at loot since they already have loot drop spots.

Essentially just more wide-spread spawns. You don't even need to do all of the ones in the major areas because there's enough (at least more) civilian houses spawns on the map you could have compared to beach spawns on the map without putting them in one that is closer to an advantage than other house spawns.

It makes it more wide spread, and the coast doesn't become a centralized hub of deathmatch anymore. Everyone's equally spread out.

Not 20 words or less, but it gets a suggestion across without making a new thread.

[/quote']

My only issue with this is most all of the inland towns have pretty much zero loot. I don't mean a lack of ultra cool guns or something, but straight up no lootable buildings. Okay I exaggerate, maybe one lootable building, but you get my point. I'm not saying we need guns in every town, but perhaps more beans and soda.

YES

Or, with a gun and without food and water or something. Starting gear feels a bit too plentiful as it is.

YES

The mod's early in development, do it while you can still experiment without a MASSIVE backlash. Bring on the tears.

NO

Would be too annoying, especially with lack of hand-to-hand weapons. Fewer mags would be good, though -- or a random set of three potential starting pistols, thereby leading to a little more ammo diversity and scarcity.

Yes

Once spawned in ocean when turned into bandit, was fun to sneak around kamenka to get new gear.

YES

However, reduce all other starting gear to about nothing, maybe a ration and a bandage(or makeshift type of bandage with a fail rate)

Also maybe start with a usable knife weapon or a club (random chance based melee weapon spawns?).

YES (Worth trying at least)

Spawn abuse : frustrating, but end justify means : perhaps limit other starting equipment as well to reduce incentive

Perhaps take away all ammo instead (or just 1 mag): can't tell if person is a threat