thelonewarrior

Dont play DAY Z today! Massive CD stealing while IN GAME

Yeah your right, like I said the logs showed nothing out of the ordinary so it could be a legit series of bans.

Just seeing so many in one server when ive never seen these guys hack (and some of those banned have a real hate for hackers and always destory hacked gear) makes me think somewhere along the line someone has made a mistake.

Im going to wait this out

Yeah bro, nearly 5000 servers and most of your server gets caught up in the 2000 bans? Yeah, that's a hacker server or you play in the wrong place.

Besides, I strongly believe you were swept up in the bans and now that you can no longer teleport to people to steal their hard earned vehicles you're here on the forums stirring up shit.

• Like 3

Ok thats fair enough, it could have just been our server panicking in the side chat as it seemed odd at the time for so many people to get global bans.

I still believe the people I play with were wrongly accussed, espiecally as one of them always destroys hacked gear and bans hackers a lot on our server. He is one who has no tolerance for hacking and hates cheaters so I doubt he would hack himself.

I could be wrong as ive kept sayung, but from the point of view of our server, every player suddenly getting banned like that rose some red flags.

We thought if it was a battleeye ban they would have banned everyone at the same time

Geez, and I thought side chat was not permitted!! lol

No im talking about the global bans, the part about remote executing scripts was from what I saw the other day and why I believe it possible.

I dont think that had anything to do with this, Im just saying if its possible to force players to execute a script then its probably possible to somehow take a CD while in game

Nice try hacker

The KEY theft is from morons like you downloading fake hacks from Youtube.

Watch your step kiddo, honey pots all around.

The Honey pot's I set up don't steal KEYs, they're just old and get detected very fast and result in a global.

Edited by jblackrupert

I feel sorry for the person who knows damn well why they received a global ban, yet are on here trying to convince others that they are innocent.

• Like 2

no lol.. just pointing out that mistake can happens.... how about lets say the kind of mistake that they accidently made it so that Battleye automatically bans people who uses lets say Logitech G15 keyboard (it reads program's memories) and lets say that over 2000 ppl HAVE/HAD G15 and now they are all banned because of that "one mistake"

Sorry, but no Logitech gaming keyboard is going to get you banned in DayZ for using the G hotkeys tool. Even if that were possible, the scripts being run have to be hacks in order for Battleye, human or otherwise, to flag your account - not just anything being used that had been programmed into the macro recorder. P.S. I own a Logitech G110 and I haven't been banned but that's also because I'm not a hacker.

• Like 1

i´ve been playing online since the days of 14.4k modems. i know and have known dozens of ppl IRL that play with me.

i have NEVER EVER even heard a story about a false ban from any of them in roughly 20 years of online gaming.

so unless i hear a story about a false ban from any of them or get banned myself i will never believe these "i have been banned but i don´t cheat!" stories.

that´s all i can say.

• Like 4

hullo there

BE is not infallible. And mistake are made.

BUT B.E. have rescinded any false positives in the past, and one assume they will continue to do so. It is in their best interest.

Being online with a chum "who doesn't hack" doesn't mean a thing.

I have many associate who tell me they don't use coke. Get em in a party situation and there they are being hoovers.

Online chums are not the same as real chums and even then, take everything with a big tanker of salt.

rgds

LoK

hopefully standalone isnt same or it will be dead in a month.

rocket's already said as much with his "minecraft model" (how dare he sully the name really), aka shitty bug infested hacked to shit arma release.

So it's all a bunch of hype from the OP. Good to see BE banning the hackers

• Like 1

ooo so i guess it is safe to play again my char must be 3 weeks old by now :D i guess i will log in after work tonight

i dont get it.. everyone complained soo much and made so many topics about hackers.. now maybe battleye are doing something about it and everyone screams wolf.

i been playing all day and i seen two global bans.

I think the problem is that BE thinks its infallible when its only run by humans. Unless they designed a massive supercomputer to oversee all the decision making, even then its only programmed by flawed humans.

Edited by disorder

This is like the 10th time i have seen threads like this claiming innocence for themselves or friends. Every single one turned out to be bullshit. Yes battleye sometimes makes mistakes. But it knows when it does and quickly undo's its error.

• Like 2

rocket's already said as much with his "minecraft model" (how dare he sully the name really), aka shitty bug infested hacked to shit arma release.

Okey, so they must be doing those hacks at BIS.

Do they release those hacks bundled with the game?

You know that they have to release the game and after that coderzzz can start tearing it apart and making hacks for it. As it comes with the "new engine", not regular arma2 one. It could take a while before first hackers appear.. depending with kind of measures has been done to prevent hacking in the engine.

Good thing that hackers got banned.

Edited by Zeppa

This thread is all about whiney little homo cheaters pretending they wern't cheating to begin with cos mummy isnt going to buy you another copy of day-z.

So you got two options, admit you cheated and beg to be unbanned OR

claim it was a big or some error.

No smoke without fire, i havent been banned. So looks like your just making shit up, now fuk off and ruin a different game

• Like 1

I just logged in to SE 4 and got banned -.- WTF !? What is wrong with BE...

I'm willing to bet a pretty large sum all these bans are legit. I've seen tons of global ban kicks from my servers over the last 2 days.

I'm looking at 2 of the most popular free hack sites right now. Both sites have 2 of the most popular free hacks. One site has over 3,000 downloads of one hack and over 2,000 downloads of the other. The other site has close to the same. That is from all version of the hack. Some of the version were detected instantly so people were banned instantly. However, the newest version seem to have had a delayed ban wave the took place over the last couple days. Those newest version have in the range of 4k downloads between the 2 sites. All someone had to do was run the hack ONCE and BE could have logged it and saved the ban for later.

Battleye is not the best Anti-Cheat but they're constantly evolving. If your mate was banned, chances are he used a hack like these. Even if he used it 1 time for 2 minutes that's all it would have taken.

• Like 1

if they aren't then awesome another couple of thousand cheaters to add to the list.

Just quite a lot more thousand to go and we'll finally be able to play dayz without being scripted on. Until they buy a new Operation Arrowhead key. Then the whole process starts over again.

Edited by Primey0

According to BE, it's neither, just a massive ban wave.

Their last massive ban wave was alot of innocent people.

I don't trust it.

This is like the 10th time i have seen threads like this claiming innocence for themselves or friends. Every single one turned out to be bullshit. Yes battleye sometimes makes mistakes. But it knows when it does and quickly undo's its error.

You seem to have forgotten that a month ago or so BE banned alot of innocent players who early adopted the latest Arma 2 Beta. BE recinded all globals and apologized.

So always consider not all claims to be 'bullshit'.

If I run into a hacker tomorrow night, which thus far I do every night, I will consider BE to be quite useless as always.

Edited by Banicks

Their last massive ban wave was alot of innocent people.

I don't trust it.

So what is your proposed solution?

People complain about hackers. Then people complain about bans being issued.

Battleye is just like PunkBusters/VAC. Please do your research before posting mindless rubbish. If you have evidence to present that something has falsely occurred, then please do post it. If you do not, then how on earth do we authenticate what is being said? Or should I now listen to every random person on the internet?

• Like 1