thelonewarrior

Dont play DAY Z today! Massive CD stealing while IN GAME

Are private LAN servers bannable aswell ? since I tried too search for it and I didn't found anything so I thought it was ok, or I missed it then it's my own faulth i guess.

I'm not into PvP and especially not at the start of the game so I thought playing alone or now with my sister would be more fun so we can learn how too survive without getting shot by another player. So is having your own LAN server bannable aswell ? since I never ever cheat or have hacked a game. Also to be sure too mention I bought arma 2 combined operations, so no illegal copies.

Just a quick note. The thing that hackers did was to use publicVariable to overwrite some functions in the mission/game. This "injected" clients who were connected with illegal commands. This made BE kick the players (if the admins were running script detection) but BE would never globally ban because of it, which makes sense. A rouge admin could made a legal operation illegal and get everyone who was on his server banned so BE doesn't do that. Scripting is something the admins has to take care of, with the help of BE ofcourse.

What BE does is to ban when people are trying to circumvent BE, like manipulating memory or similar. To combat the hacker "injection" thing, BE added a publicVariable file as well where the admins could decide what was allowed and what wasn't. For Dayz I don't think there's any legit reason to use PVs. At the same time, BE said on BIS forums that there's no way to bypass this.

And that's when we're comming to the core of things. AFAIK there's a hack that bypasses BE. I believe with the new version (1.170) they found a way to bust the bypass hack but didn't announce it. Then they datamined for a couple of days and bam! hackersbegone.

Also, there's no way hackers can steal cd-keys through dayz.

Tl;dr: scripting will never get you globally banned, being kicked for script restriction is not why you're banned, hackers running scripts on your client won't get you banned, trying to circumvent BE (which most hacks do) will get you banned, BE doesn't instaban, they ban in waves. Your cd-key is safe unless you run some 3rd party shady software.

• Like 5

i read the whole thread and i think i will play today. i don't hack (my last was in gta3) so i'll feel safe..and if i'll get banned i'll contact battleeye and steam so..see you online without scripters!

So what is your proposed solution?

People complain about hackers. Then people complain about bans being issued.

Battleye is just like PunkBusters/VAC. Please do your research before posting mindless rubbish. If you have evidence to present that something has falsely occurred, then please do post it. If you do not, then how on earth do we authenticate what is being said? Or should I now listen to every random person on the internet?

If you re-read my post I've included the previous experience where they incorrectly globally banned people.

I'm entitled to not trust it, but do not assume that I'm complaining about it. My post was meant to be completely neutral with the distrust seeding from the big mistake they made previously and the lack of progress in banning hackers that affect me personally every night.

My solution? Stand alone, but you're already on it.

Just a quick note. The thing that hackers did was to use publicVariable to overwrite some functions in the mission/game. This "injected" clients who were connected with illegal commands. This made BE kick the players (if the admins were running script detection) but BE would never globally ban because of it, which makes sense. A rouge admin could made a legal operation illegal and get everyone who was on his server banned so BE doesn't do that. Scripting is something the admins has to take care of, with the help of BE ofcourse.

What BE does is to ban when people are trying to circumvent BE, like manipulating memory or similar. To combat the hacker "injection" thing, BE added a publicVariable file as well where the admins could decide what was allowed and what wasn't. For Dayz I don't think there's any legit reason to use PVs. At the same time, BE said on BIS forums that there's no way to bypass this.

And that's when we're comming to the core of things. AFAIK there's a hack that bypasses BE. I believe with the new version (1.170) they found a way to bust the bypass hack but didn't announce it. Then they datamined for a couple of days and bam! hackersbegone.

Also, there's no way hackers can steal cd-keys through dayz.

Tl;dr: scripting will never get you globally banned, being kicked for script restriction is not why you're banned, hackers running scripts on your client won't get you banned, trying to circumvent BE (which most hacks do) will get you banned, BE doesn't instaban, they ban in waves. Your cd-key is safe unless you run some 3rd party shady software.

qft.

Locking this thread, nothing more needs to be said.

• Like 4