thermonuke1@gmail.com

Rocket: Losing faith.

Maybe said Dev should stop announcing things he cant keep? Like keeping on working on the mod. To me it seems the mod has been abandoned in favor of the standalone. This is perfectly fine BUT then you should tell people and be honest to them.

Ok. Seems like the mod has been abandoned in favor of the standalone.

What do none of you have jobs where you can only afford to devote resources to one thing at a time?

Should they HIRE people to work on the FREE mod? Do you think ANYBODY cares more about DayZ Mod than the team currently hammering out the stand-alone?

I don't say this lightly. You people are entitled and worse than that stupid. The only thing that makes your stance make sense is that you are youngsters without practical experience in the grown-up world.

No you don't. What dev in the fucking world is required to fix their alpha version once testing has run its course? The process is that you move on to beta once you have identified the problems via alpha testing.

What is so hard about rational thought?

I don't think you quite understand what kind of alpha this is. This isn't like the BF3 Alpha where there was one version and that was it. While all other development was kept under wraps.

This mod is a minecraft style alpha where the game is not only tested but built through trial and error. It's not that Rocket is required to fix anything but this is the style of development he has chosen and if he so chooses to continue this style of development then yes, he is required to update the mod.

From what I have heard and read, this will be true for the standalone version as well.

What is so hard about rational thought? Derp. Your an idiot.

Edited by C0LDKILL

Ok. Seems like the mod has been abandoned in favor of the standalone.

What do none of you have jobs where you can only afford to devote resources to one thing at a time?

Should they HIRE people to work on the FREE mod? Do you think ANYBODY cares more about DayZ Mod than the team currently hammering out the stand-alone?

I don't say this lightly. You people are entitled and worse than that stupid. The only thing that makes your stance make sense is that you are youngsters without practical experience in the grown-up world.

Im 30 years old and quite educated. You obviously didnt even read my post. My issue is with the communication lately not with the mod itself. Now go back to flaming son.

Edited by KT zu Guttenberg

The conventions he goes to are generally 3 days long. Friday, saterday, Sunday. Are you saying that between weekends and travel time, there is just no time to work on the mod?

As for your job comment. I'm in the military, go fuck yourself.

Yes, I'm sure there's no setup times. No meetings. No interviews. No networking or social gatherings (actually the most important part). No jet lag from flying all over the world in a single month. WORK SLAVE WORK! Who unchained Rocket from his desk?!

Thank you for serving, first beer is on me, but go fuck yourself. It doesn't take an E7 to understand the concept of networking.

• Like 1

Ok, first of all I highly doubt he is the one setting up the Bohemia booths.

I'm not going to argue his work schedule. He has had almost an entire month to push out a hotfix that was easy enough for the dayz community to figure out.

Don't be such a fan boy and unlatch yourself from his nipples.

Rocket has been addressing all of this in interviews. He probably figures since you idiots care so much you would pay attention to those interviews.

Entitled, "special", little babies. Being in the military is a job, but it's also one of the only jobs where most things are taken care of for you by somebody else. Good luck in the private sector without a horn to tell you when to sleep.

• Like 1

Still white knights? Tell me, a year from now when the standalone is still vague and when this mod is still probably a huge mess, is the excuse still "yeh itz alpha"

Then if the standalone is even developed and when it still has the same issues as this (Hackers will be the only issue if they do it all perfectly), whats the excuse? Hold him for some responsibility.

I have been playing this mod about 4 months and its still in alpha, lots of bugs and hackers are big problem too. Standalone needs to be really good but its going to take a lot of time, so playing alpha version again is probably too much. WarZ beta is starting in one month so going to test it and hoping Dayz will get better.

Edited by Bezzi

I love it when you people say "It's in alpha, we shouldn't even be able to play it"

But there would be no stand-alone if it wasn't released to the community in "alpha", and there wouldn't be nearly a million people waiting to buy on release.

The community that has alpha tested this mod is the reason that Bohemia is financing the game and letting hall lead it. because we made it popular. So scrub off!

Rocket has been addressing all of this in interviews. He probably figures since you idiots care so much you would pay attention to those interviews.

Entitled, "special", little babies. Being in the military is a job, but it's also one of the only jobs where most things are taken care of for you by somebody else. Good luck in the private sector without a horn to tell you when to sleep.

Beans for profile pic alone. :beans:

because we made it popular.

You didn't do shit but download a free mod. You're not special. Nobody owes you anything. Go watch the most recent IGN interview if you want details concerning the mod and the stand-alone.

Take some responsibility for yourself and stop demanding shit from people who owe you nothing. 1.2 million people have downloaded the mod, and you are ONE of them.

How can you even read yourself typing this shit and not feel like a chump?

You didn't do shit but download a free mod. You're not special. Nobody owes you anything. Go watch the most recent IGN interview if you want details concerning the mod and the stand-alone.

Take some responsibility for yourself and stop demanding shit from people who owe you nothing. 1.2 million people have downloaded the mod, and you are ONE of them.

I dont agree with some of your post. One person can have a big impact on any developing game. For example there was one person with my gaming community who played DayZ. He spoke highly of it and made several posts with information. Now over 20 people from that community have gone and purchase ArmA II and play DayZ on the server I provide.

What if that one guy had a terrible opinion about DayZ?

Word of mouth is everything. Yea he may be just one person but there are a million of them.

The players did make this popular. The game didnt play it's self.

Edited by ThermoNuke

Calling others entitled and believing that your opinion is the only thing that counts makes you look retarded. Also taking this down to a personal level between users of this forums makes me think that you actually have nothing to offer to this discussion.

With all these bugs, it's like they released this game before it was finished. I'm glad I didn't spend a dime on it!

Calling others entitled and believing that your opinion is the only thing that counts makes you look retarded. Also taking this down to a personal level between users of this forums makes me think that you actually have nothing to offer to this discussion.

That's funny. Don't meet many opinionated retarded folks. Maybe you were just trying to take it to a personal level though.

My opinion, which is certainly not the only thing that counts, is that a lot of people here are expressing that they feel they are entitled. Entitled to a free mod that has no bugs inherent in a mod where experiments and testing are actively occurring. I've done a few mods in my time, and if you haven't you have no fucking clue how many little things can go wrong and how hard even the most simple problem can be to fix. Usually it's the most ostensibly simple problems that have the most complicated solutions. I can only imagine the pressure of having a bunch of jackasses calling me out for every trial-and-error step that I can't address immediately.

These people do express what I would consider an embarrassing degree of entitlement. Entitled to having the developer coddle to them in the forums, when he has been addressing these things in interviews (which may even reach a wider audience than the forums). Entitled to having the development team divide their efforts from the commercial product they are working on to fixing what they admit is an insufficient engine for a stand-alone product. Entitled to having things magically fixed in a time frame which they suppose is reasonable.

Be happy DayZ existed in the first place. You wouldn't be posting if you hadn't enjoyed the mod in the past. If the testing environment is no longer entertaining you, stop playing.

Don't demand that somebody jump when you tell them to, just because you don't understand what it is like to be balls deep in a massive fucking project with limited resources. Let me read between the lines for you- yes, the mod is on the back burner at the moment because the whole landscape of the project just changed drastically. Fucking hell.

• Like 1

I've got an idea. When you die dont try and run off and resupply from your tent. Start over - from scratch. You are right - at present there is no point in gearing up because at any moment you could be nuked by hackers.

The most fun i have with Day Z are those initial few hours when you are happy to stumble across a Winchester or AK.

Totally agree with you here, but it should be looked at for now and have some temporary fix to the problem.

@blom, you seem kind of mad bro?

My opinion on the game is clearly invalid because I feel "Entitled"?

Not sure you know the definition of entitled? Pull your thumb out of your ass and use it to turn the pages of a dictionary and tell me how i feel entitled again.

The only thing anyone here feels entitled to is their opinion. This is a forum after all, a means to convey ideas, thoughts, and opinions.

I know some will not agree with what I or many others have said. What I dont understand is how we cant have a conversation about it without it going personal or being filled with useless dribble.

I also dont see how because our opinions do not fall in line with yours, or others for that matter, that some how we feel entitled.

I will use an example.

DayZ has an avid following and many believers in the upcoming stand alone project.

WarZ has a far smaller audience and many who doubt its origins, originality, or even its existence. (As I do, I will NOT be buying WarZ as I am a rabid fan of DayZ)

But what separates these two is simple. What makes one a winner and the other a potential loser.

The mod. We believe in DayZ because of what we see in the mod. We are going to form our beliefs off the direction the mod will follow.

If we leave the mod broken then what have we to follow? What have we to believe other projects would fair better?

If you took the mod away then both DayZ and WarZ would be all the same to any of us.

Edited by ThermoNuke
  • Like 1

Everyone is probably tired of reading these but I feel it necessary to vent after waiting since August 10th.

I have waited that long for you, Rocket, to fix one of the biggest and most basic cores of what makes Dayz fun and worth while.

I am talking about Tents, Vehicles, and Inventories.

You know, I could half deal with the hackers if I knew that I had a place to go grab gear. It would be fun to loot gear but whats the point when old tents are weapon factories just pumping out free gear? Why should I scavenge for that AS50 when I dont have a reliable place to put it?? Or why should I even bother playing when you refuse to database wipe thermal weapons that are not in the game? (etc. AS50 TWS)

Look, I get this is alpha. I really do. But this all worked prior, got broke in 2.5, and has remained broke since August 10th.

Seriously. Have you seen how simple some of the fixes are?? You couldnt find time between jamming your face to a camera to produce a fix?

Sorry for the rant but after waiting a month and having to use back channels to get anything fixed I've grown weary. It almost feels like your sand bagging bug fixes in the mod to push interest over to stand alone alpha. After all, your goons new catch phrase is; "Will be fixed in standalone".

Why dont you fix what made you a success first... Before a developer shows up with a better emphasis on patching and less on getting his face in the news.

/rantoff

Edit: ( I agree with some that my original post is on the negative side of things and perhaps an attack on Rocket about his convention attendance is not the best way to find results. I do how ever feel it conveys my passion for this mod and the irritation that comes with trying to cope or deal with some of the glaring issues that, in my own opinion, are hurting the player base and those with a similar play style. I leave my post here in its original form as I am not afraid to stand by my words. I encourage everyone to have a thoughtful and constructive conversation.)

In my opinion they don't want to fix it. They want people to play the standalone not the mod. Broken mod or standalone game? Whats your choice?

Mine? Running a server I can switch from Chernarus to Lingor, and now to Utes whenever I feel like it. No one loses data on any of the maps when another is loaded. And there are the beginnings of Takistan maps popping up.

If I see someone hacking, I can ban them 100% Permanent, No arguement. Someone being racist or otherwise derogatory, banned no questions asked. Thats they way this should have been working.

Tents and vehicles work in 1.7.2.5 on the Private Hives, apparently not a difficult fix. The fact that my Official Hive servers see little to no action at all anymore tells me this mod is dying, fast. The private hives? Packed, I am thinking of upgrading our slot count I had to kick a suspected hacker to make room for myself the other day.

• Like 1

Easy to say when you haven't volunteered to serve.

Extremely unintelligent, offensive, and disrespectful post.

With a personality and world view like that I find it shocking you feel the problem is "entitled" people.

Edited by ThermoNuke

I'm not mad, just attempting to talk some sense into my fellow testers for their sake more than mine. My opinion is that many people in this thread (and generally in the forums of late) are expressing a sense of entitlement to things not owed them. I feel that there are unrealistic expectations being placed on the DayZ team, and you know what they say about expectation being the seed of resentment.

Sorry if you have reflected on my argument and disagree. I like being proven wrong because it's an opportunity for me to evolve into being right. I have yet to hear a argument of any substance against my opinion, sadly.

Once you put a penny in Rocket and team's pockets they will be accountable, but until then this remains the alpha of a free mod. That is where the conversation should begin and end.

With all these bugs, it's like they released this game before it was finished. I'm glad I didn't spend a dime on it!

Wait.... what?

• Like 1

I'm not mad, just attempting to talk some sense into my fellow testers for their sake more than mine. My opinion is that many people in this thread (and generally in the forums of late) are expressing a sense of entitlement to things not owed them. I feel that there are unrealistic expectations being placed on the DayZ team, and you know what they say about expectation being the seed of resentment.

Sorry if you have reflected on my argument and disagree. I like being proven wrong because it's an opportunity for me to evolve into being right. I have yet to hear a argument of any substance against my opinion, sadly.

Once you put a penny in Rocket and team's pockets they will be accountable, but until then this remains the alpha of a free mod. That is where the conversation should begin and end.

Do you really believe that none of the money from over 1 million more copies of a stale game being sold didn't go towards his paycheck at Bohemia?

Do you really buy that?...

Easy to say when you haven't volunteered to serve.

Oh I see your problem. You base a lot of things on assumption, huh. I'll go back and reread your posts factoring that weakness in.

Oh I see your problem. You base a lot of things on assumption, huh. I'll go back and reread your posts factoring that weakness in.

Yea. I wouldn't have much to say either. I would probably have to be selective in my quotes as well.

Thank you for your "contribution" to this discussion.