rocket

Pending Update 1.7.1 Details

[FIXED] Infected not spawning inside buildings any more

So does this mean they will spawn inside buildings or not? :)

I assume it means they WILL spawn inside now, only makes sense.

[FIXED] Infected not spawning inside buildings any more

So does this mean they will spawn inside buildings or not? :)

I assume it means they WILL spawn inside now' date=' only makes sense.

[/quote']

Yeah, I was hoping for that. Decoding the changelog is hard sometimes. :)

Has Rocket given any indication on when this patch will be out?

Can't find the thread but he said somewhere that he expects it out mid-late this week.

Great, thanks! I hope the spawning in ocean bug is fixed by then so I can use it without fear!

I registered an account just because of this:

Day Z Development ‏@dayzdevteam

Considering a suggestion to remove starting gun, together with new infected behavior updates (line-of-sight etc...) ... Thoughts? -Rocket

PLEASE do NOT do this.

Removing the crappy Makarov from a beginner's inventory will only make the game needlessly frustrating!

It's not rare that you startle a zombie that shouldn't be startled, the main cause of this being lag (or them spawning into your face). The Makarov helps to fend these off and it allows you to commit small mistakes like aggroing a single zombie and getting rid of it.

Also, without a starting gun, situations WILL arrise where you run into a building early and find a player - without any chance to defend yourself should (s)he be hostile.

The only thing removing the starting gun WILL achieve is a dwindling player base and non-noobs farming the coast for beans. They can just stand at common spawns, wait a bit and shoot someone who just spawned into the face. Slowly. Because a newbie wouldn't be able to defend himself.

This will not end the bean wars, it'll turn them into a massacre.

What we need to end the senseless player killing is a new humanity system.

My thoughts would be the own character turning crazy when killing too many innocent people (occasionally screaming and shaking uncontrollably), but I'm sure there are other even better ideas out there.

If you read all of this: thanks for your time. :)

* [NEW] Infected attack range increased (but limited by LOS)

* [NEW] Infected can cause greater damage when they hit you

1st: i think (and i cant be the only one) that the range is high enough!

2nd: Infected are able to hit you to the ground with one hit...and you want to make them stronger? So whats your plan? One hit kill by a zombie? ...naa pls stop it....

Considering a suggestion to remove starting gun' date=' together with new infected behavior updates (line-of-sight etc...) ... Thoughts? -Rocket[/quote']

PLEASE do NOT do this.

Removing the crappy Makarov from a beginner's inventory will only make the game needlessly frustrating!

It's not rare that you startle a zombie that shouldn't be startled, the main cause of this being lag (or them spawning into your face). The Makarov helps to fend these off and it allows you to commit small mistakes like aggroing a single zombie and getting rid of it.

Also, without a starting gun, situations WILL arrise where you run into a building early and find a player - without any chance to defend yourself should (s)he be hostile.

The only thing removing the starting gun WILL achieve is a dwindling player base and non-noobs farming the coast for beans. They can just stand at common spawns, wait a bit and shoot someone who just spawned into the face. Slowly. Because a newbie wouldn't be able to defend himself.

This will not end the bean wars, it'll turn them into a massacre.

What we need to end the senseless player killing is a new humanity system.

My thoughts would be the own character turning crazy when killing too many innocent people (occasionally screaming and shaking uncontrollably), but I'm sure there are other even better ideas out there.

If you read all of this: thanks for your time. :)

Agreed, i always enjoy out smarting, out aiming players using winnie/m4/aks & most recently 50cal barry with a makarov/glock.

But i dont agree with the new humanity system comment, there will always be senseless killing it's the ultimate non verbal trolling ever.

* [NEW] Infected attack range increased (but limited by LOS)

* [NEW] Infected can cause greater damage when they hit you

1st: i think (and i cant be the only one) that the range is high enough!

2nd: Infected are able to hit you to the ground with one hit...and you want to make them stronger? So whats your plan? One hit kill by a zombie? ...naa pls stop it....

You can now hide from aggro'd zombies.

They dont aggro thru walls etc

Did you read the entire post? ;D

Aye Alan' date=' thats why i said currently. Not sure how much work would be needed to implement melee into the game, animations will need to be done etc etc.. And i think the are bigger issues to be worked on currently. Don't get wrong I'd love to see melee at some point as well.

[/quote']

Well if he removes the starting makarena he'll need to replace it with melee, the huge advantage with rocket is that he can mo-cap so new animations arnt as much of a ball ache as doing it frame-by-frame in Maya/3ds max etc

Considering a suggestion to remove starting gun' date=' together with new infected behavior updates (line-of-sight etc...) ... Thoughts? -Rocket[/quote']

PLEASE do NOT do this.

I think it is worth a try. As with the bandit system, try it! If it turns out really shitty undo the whole thing. Removing the starting gun is a very interesting experiment and wasn't that what DayZ was all about? :)

Anyway it is really easy finding a gun and if this makes you a little less eager rushing to Cherno or Elektro right at the start and build your character by sneaking to barns and so on I think it is an idea worth testing.

YES

This would stop new players instantly shooting everyone and everything around them and teach them to think more about the options they have available to them.

No makarov at start is the best thing that can happen to dayz.

But player must be totaly naked at start... I mean, yes of course he got clothes^^

But no bandage, no food, no water, nothing.

So it won't be a target for bandit.

The coast will maybe become a place to team up and not a killing spree area.

Water, food, bandages are easy findable. We can outsmart zombie now. The only threat is player. But for now, in cherno, if I see someone when scavenging my first stuffes I shot on sight, just not to restart for nothing.. and after all, it s cherno, no law ;)

But now, in cherno with this system, if I meet a guy without gun I will try to team up with or at least I won't kill him. It s harder to kill someone when you talked with on direct comms.

I know I won't team up with someone not speaking, I won't trust him.

But if we scavenge for 3/4 hours together I bet it will be harder to kill me when you'll get a gun.

This idea is one of the first who really bring to life the possibility to meet someone in game.

Please do it, and please don't raise the possibility to find a makarov. Just remove everything from start, a new game can born, the one I dream of :)

It would be nice to be able to holster the gun. So people never know if we have a gun or not.

YES

This would stop new players instantly shooting everyone and everything around them and teach them to think more about the options they have available to them.

Yes, that would stop new players, but what stops 'old' players from camping the coasts with ANY weapon and massacre them?

The Makarov gives you a small chance to defend yourself.

But player must be totaly naked at start... I mean' date=' yes of course he got clothes^^

[/quote']

I want to be excited to find a bandage, or a water bottle (they are refillable, wow!), or a backpack!

Exactly, cooperation through hardship.

Wait, you can HIDE from Zeds now? And they'll STOP looking for you after a point? SCORE. Finally, no more "I'm running for twenty minutes from the last three zeds with no bullets."

Grylls..

that meme doesn't make sense.

appoint.. hah' date=' i guess it made me chuckle at how fail it was.

should be 'satisfied'.

:p

[/quote']

3osarc.jpg

Nice :)

But..

How is the fact that players who disconnect from the server to escape attacks from other players. soon after reconnect to another server to change position and return to the server where it was attacked.:@

We would like much of a solution to this.

Rocket, nice, very nice buddy!

Every day I think more Dayz

Dreams and nightmares in Chernarus kkkkkkk

* [NEW] 30Rnd_545x39_AK added to loot table

Curious about this. Is this a new type of Kalashnikov or just a different type of mag for the existing AK-74s etc.?

Removing starting pistol is the worst idea and I have no clue (really!) why anyone would suggest it and/or think its a good idea.

Realism? Yes because real people regularly wake on the side of some random sea with no idea how they got there in the middle (not beginning) of a zombie outbreak.

Besides two or more freshly spawned clowns with only pistols are evenly matched. Its the stalkers who enter Cherno/electro looking for people with decent weapons already that will clean up if starting weapons were removed.

Do what you want I suppose. No point complaining about it. I dont see it lasting long though when the south coast already gets cleaned out of loot as it is with everyone spawning and camping round there. With everyone starting needing a weapon there wont be enough to go round so whoever does get hold of a weapon can kill as many as he wants. And it will get changed back when these forums start crying again.

More importantly, when will this update get realeased? I thought this was a thread detailing the patch notes for an impending update not some suggestion thread.

What do we do Rocket? keep suggesting ideas hoping for them to be shoehorned in or sit back and wait for the patch to be released? And if so when? You have us excited now and word of the update has spread. When will it be released? (Seriously having read the entire thread this is the only question thats relevant to the OP thats yet to be answered)

Curious about this. Is this a new type of Kalashnikov or just a different type of mag for the existing AK-74s etc.?

Hmm. I don't know about the different types, but I do know I had an AK which wouldn't take any of the five mags I found in the same city... I have subsequently lost that gun, mind you.

But player must be totaly naked at start... I mean' date=' yes of course he got clothes^^

[/quote']

I want to be excited to find a bandage, or a water bottle (they are refillable, wow!), or a backpack!

Exactly' date=' cooperation through hardship.

[/quote']

After finding a ghillie suit I was spawned in the sea on next log in, I managed to swim to shore (after pushing cardboard to keep W key down whilst I watched YT) 20 mins later I'm at a beach, I assume far west of the map (no trees nothinbg except a pig on the beach (out at sea i thought it a house.!!)

I'm freezing, i have nothing except ghillie (my decision to keep playing btw) completely empty ALICE pack but i've kept matchsticks, hunting knife (couldn't kill pig pff), hatchet and watch.

I run West and quickly find the first set of trees = to a forest and hastily make 7 or so fires close to the road so as to warm up but also so others spawned in the sea will be able to see them and also warm up if not a lucky as I.

I now need water & food though I had eaten steaks and drunk lots before exiting the game 3 or so hours earlier.

I run West hoping to find a dead survivor, nothing, so continue to the nearest town and find nothing there after 2 or 3 sheds, a house, a small garage shop and train station) the games trolling me big time.

I continue a little west toward a big hill suddenly the green compass appears beneath my water bottle and food UI (a bug) but this tells me North.

So I'm off hoping to find Bop and its surrounding goodies with intention to find zelero.

After 5 mins or so my water indicator begins to flash, couple more mins i'm in a small town, i check net map and know there is a well (cheat). I find it but have yet to find a water bottle so i continue out of town the very last house i am able to search has 1 banadage AND an empty water bottle. RESULT! Back to pump. slurp slurp.

I later find zelero, finally get all necessities back, kill a cow, find a bike, find a jeep that needs repairing and begin discusing with others what is needed etc and basically have the best damn time in the game ever. (which was ruined due to a random bug that kills me at the top of a huge tower, not sure exactly how it happened but i know it was bs :D 4 days gone on a bug, hopefully its fixed in 1.7.1)

Basically saying the idea of little or no items can be awesome IF its either an option on EXTREME veteran servers or the game is optimized for it, i got lucky (ish) but i can see it being friggin annoying as all hell after the 3rd or 4th attempt, 5 hours later and die again due to lack of items RAGE QUIT. As for bringing others together, I think local area voice chat and or the ability to direct chat (right clicking on them , voice bubbles above you :) (maybe not that.)) to another would be far more effective. Maybe a sneak up and ambush/disarm mechanic so at least you can be robbed but not killed or use it to disarm another to safely talk then return weapons.

I know this isn't a suggestion thread, but I can't help myself...

Make all servers no name labels, no range, no cross hairs, no 3rd person.

This would also solve a lot.

All Veteran. You know you want it.

Removing starting pistol is the worst idea and I have no clue (really!) why anyone would suggest it and/or think its a good idea.

Realism? Yes because real people regularly wake on the side of some random sea with no idea how they got there in the middle (not beginning) of a zombie outbreak.

Besides two or more freshly spawned clowns with only pistols are evenly matched. Its the stalkers who enter Cherno/electro looking for people with decent weapons already that will clean up if starting weapons were removed.

Do what you want I suppose. No point complaining about it. I dont see it lasting long though when the south coast already gets cleaned out of loot as it is with everyone spawning and camping round there. With everyone starting needing a weapon there wont be enough to go round so whoever does get hold of a weapon can kill as many as he wants. And it will get changed back when these forums start crying again.

More importantly' date=' when will this update get realeased? I thought this was a thread detailing the patch notes for an impending update not some suggestion thread.

What do we do Rocket? keep suggesting ideas hoping for them to be shoehorned in or sit back and wait for the patch to be released? And if so when? You have us excited now and word of the update has spread. When will it be released? (Seriously having read the entire thread this is the only question thats relevant to the OP thats yet to be answered)

[/quote']

Twenty words or less, Wuzzie. And if you must drift off into tangent, try not to fill your posts with contradictions.

You love Rocket accepting player input BUT can't think why he would ASK THE FORUM WHAT THEY THINK.

"No point complaining about it..." - Complains about it

"Do what you want I suppose" - Yes Rocket. You have permission now. Wuzzie said so.

Points out nature of OP. Moans about deviation through player suggestion. Ends post on question irrelevant to OP.