rocket

Pending Update 1.7.1 Details

[FIXED] No backpacks or medical boxes spawning

What are medical boxes? I've never seen one or even heard about them.

THey are found in hospitals and sometimes on urban rooftops. They look like cardboard boxes and contain ... med stuff. Bandages, blood, drugs, skimpy nurse outfits.

Can we have bears and rabid wolves?

Unmarked mine fields?

Meteorite showers that randomly kill players?

An exhaustion mechanic' date=' so we cannot run forever?

Tainted food? Water?

Dud or misfiring ammo?

Weapon jams?

POisonous snakes and insects?

Splinters, hang nails, sasquatch, chupacabras, men in black, little green men, carnivorous plants, &c. &c.

Needs more randomly deadly stuff.

[/quote']

I hear when you kill 30 survivors, you unlock a nuke that kills everyone and makes you win the game.

(Today 11:13 PM)rocket Wrote: Additional:

* [NEW] You can hide from an infected chasing you

Awesome but I m curious about it.

For now' date=' we have the same speed than theim, but we are never tired, neither are they.

So, what I see coming is people running from beach to their friends up north with hundreds of Z behind theim then just hide to get rid of theim?

It reduce the difficulty of handeling Z now. Attract - hide - loot - restart.

It s awesome zombies are more realistic but without anything else it reduce again their power.

With this new feature, I really think people should get exhausted when running, so yes we can sprint to hide... but we would have to be sure to be able to hide before getting exhausted.

Poor Rocket, bugs like suggestions when fixed/added bring others, crazy work you chose^^

[/quote']

I think that this is related to making them more aggressive with LOS in the other parts of the patch notes.

Sure, you might be able to hide... but they can see farther than before.

Who knows how deadly they will be next iteration....

Yes, that s why it would be nice to have more explainations about the hiding feature wich like I said remains Awesome. But exhausting in regard of the weight we are carrying seems do-able and interresting in addition to this "hiding feature".

Because no matter how powerfull they are when hitting or when detecting. If you can outrun theim in anyway, all of those are useless because they will never be able to touch you.

Really like how every time anyone has a complaint about anything people freak out and label them "crybabies". It's an alpha, feedback is important, even if it's about your precious features.

On topic, I like the idea that we can truly sneak by the infected now, as well as escape once we aggro them. It used to be that they would follow you forever once you pissed one off.

FINALLY better zombies' date=' thank you so much. Now make them have a sense of smell :O

[/quote']

They already do (kinda.) I had a hopper zombie following my tracks inside one of the large warehouses. I was crawling around in a circle hoping he was just passing through, but found out after a couple laps that he was following my tracks! I believe they only do this though if you aggro them in the first place. I think I alerted him while I was inside, but he lost his aggro somehow when he entered because he wasn't moving quickly like an aggroed hopper would. Crazy that he was able to track me though.

All zombies start walking upright instead of hopping/running when they go inside a building or a house. I think the crawlers stay crawling though. All of them will keep aggro and follow you if you go into a house, but if you exit while they're inside and run like hell I think you just might be able to get enough distance to lose the aggro.

I really like the changelog so far <3

Although the most important change is missing:

-Ammo count of clips is character stored

That way we would not have unlimited ammo for rare equipment and would be forced to employ bullets wisely!

Codus

Being able to hide from a zombie aggroed opens the game play to a whole new realistic level. Now we miss only a more convincing zombie path & speed (no zig-zag or crazy acceleration; atm if you gain an advantage you may loose it in a second because of a ferrari-zed) to make the "raids" much more trilling, fun, and similar to what we have learned from the fiction (movies, novels..).

All good, to bad about no fix for the crossbow, hope it got buffed and the iron sights got fixed.

All good' date=' to bad about no fix for the crossbow, hope it got buffed and the iron sights got fixed.

[/quote']

Yeah I'd love to see a quiver for the cross bow and maybe a red dot sight for aiming.

YES !

Being hit / seen though walls was possibly my biggest bugbear, second was not being able to lose a chasing zed eg rode a bike from zeleno to the coast and back and still chased by zeds only fix was to quit out.

the rest of the changelog is obviously also great news.

I don't see a fix for animals to be gutted disappering too soon, hopefully its covered by the samer thing as survivors.

Now i can play again as i had put the game down a week ago until fixes.

All good' date=' to bad about no fix for the crossbow, hope it got buffed and the iron sights got fixed.

[/quote']

Yeah I'd love to see a quiver for the cross bow and maybe a red dot sight for aiming.

I'd love to see a bow, quiver and arrows pickup from supermarkets. Not an xbow fan

more powerful zombies? GET BROKEN BONES WITH 11K BLOOD NOW HURRRR DURRR

Thats me done with this game anyway' date=' along with the night change is fucking idiotic. I want to play when i get home from work...

[/quote']

Can I has ur stuff?

All zombies start walking upright instead of hopping/running when they go inside a building or a house. I think the crawlers stay crawling though. All of them will keep aggro and follow you if you go into a house' date=' but if you exit while they're inside and run like hell I think you just might be able to get enough distance to lose the aggro.

[/quote']

Mmm I've seen plenty of hoppers still hopping about inside buildings. I've never even seen a hopper stand up until it's actually about to start attacking you.

What about the RETRYING TO AUTHENTICATE error???

Should have alleviated with 1.7.0.

more powerful zombies? GET BROKEN BONES WITH 11K BLOOD NOW HURRRR DURRR

Thats me done with this game anyway' date=' along with the night change is fucking idiotic. I want to play when i get home from work...

[/quote']

Why dont you just play on a server with on a different timezone? Having a 150 ping on this game isnt that tragic.

Has anyone had encountered an error with the patcher telling you that you have the "Wrong CD Key"?

I've tried restarting Steam in Admin mode and uninstalling and reinstalling ARMA. Also tried the registry editor workaround described in the forum link. No progress whatsoever.

Has anyone had encountered an error with the patcher telling you that you have the "Wrong CD Key"?

I've tried restarting Steam in Admin mode and uninstalling and reinstalling ARMA. Also tried the registry editor workaround described in the forum link. No progress whatsoever.

Verify cache?

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

Using those patches ya?

Verify cache?

Using those patches ya?

Verify cache? :embarrassed.jpg: Not sure what that means.

And yessir. I'm re-downloading now to make sure the patcher didn't get corrupted somehow the first time.

Verify cache?

Using those patches ya?

Verify cache? :embarrassed.jpg: Not sure what that means.

And yessir. I'm re-downloading now to make sure the patcher didn't get corrupted somehow the first time.

Steam > Library > right click arma 2 arrowhead > properties > local files > bottom box.

Steam > Library > right click arma 2 arrowhead > properties > local files > bottom box.

Alright. Did that and the window said "1 file could not be verified and is being reacquired". Ran it again afterward and got the same result, but the patcher ran this time without giving me the error. Not sure if that means it was successful or not, though.

What version is this patch? ARMA indicates Version 1.60.87580 in the bottom corner of the menu screen.

I apologize. I probably sound like a dunce. Thanks for being so quick and helpful, though.

does anyone have a proper link to an instruction for installing the Arma 2 beta so that it works in steam without any mickey mouse workarounds?

The link that Rocket posted does not really have an installation guide.

go to http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php download' date=' install

go to your operation arrowhead directory inside your steam directory

there you have _runA2CO_beta , rightclick edit - search for run: call "%_ARMA2OAPATH%\Expansion\beta\ARMA2OA.exe" "-mod=%_ARMA2PATH%;EXPANSION;ca"

add "-mod=@DayZ" in between those 2 entries

save, and start with the file you just edited

???

profit

[/quote']

Profit indeed! Thank you sir that worked perfect! I just had it placed in the wrong spot.... :-/

- Infected can no longer see/attack through walls.

- Entirely new mocap'd attack and running animations

That is fucking awesome. Can't wait to see the new animations.

I thought I read somewhere that the walls would always be a problem because of the Arma 2 engine limitations? Well you guys obviously found a work around. Good shit.

Keep up the much appreciated good work guys.