rocket

Pending Update 1.7.1 Details

PLEASE make environment sounds such as rain or thunder supress our footsteps

PLEASE make environment sounds such as rain or thunder supress our footsteps

or using thunder to hide gunshots!

* [NEW] You can hide from an infected chasing you

win.gif

Thanks a lot for this. I Once tested the 'persistence' of the infected chasing you and I provoked one of the crawling infected to follow me. After 10 minutes running non stop, he was out of my sight, so I stopped and waited on top of a hill. A few minutes later, I saw a small thing moving towards me and yes, it was him. So I just could think that I was fighting the most technologically advanced infected in the world using tracking devices and GPS :P

When does the Beta patch get turned into a "real" patch?

I don't really feel like messing around with my install, unless it'll be a while until it's released. Then I'll just have to do it I suppose :)

When its done.

Its not that difficult to install, just download the file and run.

Then just make yourself a shortcut using one of the many guides about, or use the Arma II launcher to create a shortcut

Thanks a lot for this. I Once tested the 'persistence' of the infected chasing you and I provoked one of the crawling infected to follow me. After 10 minutes running non stop' date=' he was out of my sight, so I stopped and waited on top of a hill. A few minutes later, I saw a small thing moving towards me and yes, it was him. So I just could think that I was fighting the most technologically advanced infected in the world using tracking devices and GPS :P

[/quote']

It is their supernatural hatred for the healthy that make them homing. Scary shit. :rolleyes:

I don't really feel like messing around with my install' date=' unless it'll be a while until it's released. Then I'll just have to do it I suppose :)

[/quote']

As I understand, the patch is 'required' or mandatory. You won't be able to play without the latest Beta patches, so you are gonna wait a while if you want it released as official 1.61 patch.

Does 1.7.1 work with the 93666 beta patch or do we have to install 93701?

Awesome to hear a new update coming out so promptly!

How was E3 rocket? Pull all the bitches, you suave developer genius.

I can never get the beta patch to work....anyone have detailed step-by-step for steam users?

Always bombs out with an exception on my machine :(

* [NEW] Player body exists for five seconds after disconnect (UNCONFIRMED IF WORKING)

* [NEW] Infected see based on eye direction, not on body direction as before

* [NEW] Player body exists for five seconds after disconnect (UNCONFIRMED IF WORKING)

* [NEW] Infected see based on eye direction' date=' not on body direction as before

[/quote']

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

For Steam users. Worked 100% for me.

1. Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\

2. Rename ArmA2OA.exe or move it to a backup folder.

3. Locate the beta ArmA2OA.exe in the \Expansion\beta folder, copy and paste it to the main folder where the original exe was.

4. Open your Steam library, right click on ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead, and click Properties.

5. Click Launch Options and add "-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;CA;@DayZ" without the quotes

6. Add any additional launch options you want such as -nosplash, -world=empty

7. Launch ARMA 2: OA as normal from Steam and enjoy.

Great progress :)

I follow your post's,its easier than scanning this thread and noticed since you returned from E3 you had 6 days and a few hours on the forum,your already up to 1 week 11 hours.

Fair play :)

* [NEW] Infected see based on eye direction' date=' not on body direction as before

[/quote']

Oh HELL YES! Not enough time to get totally eaten by zed, but surely enough time when in a firefight to make people question the risk or Disconnecting while bullets are snapping around them! :D

Cheers Rocket.

Very nice, but just five seconds? I feel like that time period still leaves disconnecting as a valid PvP tactic.

Very nice' date=' but just five seconds? I feel like that time period still leaves disconnecting as a valid PvP tactic.

[/quote']

Well, I don't. You are wrong.

I'd prefer a longer period for the player body to stay in game, too. Something like 10-15 seconds. Then a player really would have to look for a safe location to log out. But we'll see how it works out.

Very nice' date=' but just five seconds? I feel like that time period still leaves disconnecting as a valid PvP tactic.

[/quote']

10+ seconds would probably be better, but I'm willing to take anything at this point. I mostly engage only when a target is clear in the open anyway, so 5 seconds is more than enough time to blow most DC abusers away.

Sounds great' date=' hope it works. The 5 seconds should take care of all the "I just fired at him and missed, better Alt-F4 and drink my own piss".

Maybe make the player sit down if possible.

[/quote']

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

SHRIEEEEK! We're fucked. :shy: