rocket

Pending Update 1.7.1 Details

As stupid as I think the current night time is (i play on time adjusted servers ONLY) I think this is not the place to discuss it....

Hey do you guys have a good chicken carbonara recipe?

Hey do you guys have a good chicken carbonara recipe?

Chicken carbonara

Ingredients

1 tbsp olive oil

50g/2oz smoked pancetta cubes

125g/4½oz chicken breast, cut into strips

250g/9oz dried spaghetti

2 free-range eggs, beaten

2 free-range egg yolks, beaten

50ml/2fl oz extra virgin olive oil

75ml/2¾fl oz double cream

75g/2¾oz parmesan, grated, plus extra to serve

freshly ground black pepper

Preparation method

Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the pancetta and fry until crisp and golden-brown. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.

Add the chicken to the same pan and fry for 4-5 minutes, or until completely cooked through.

Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the spaghetti according to packet instructions.

Place the beaten eggs into a large bowl.

Drain the spaghetti, reserving a little of the cooking water.

Add the spaghetti to the eggs and a little of the reserved cooking water and mix well.

Add the oil, cream, parmesan, cooked chicken and cooked pancetta cubes and stir to combine.

To serve, divide the pasta and sauce between two bowls. Top with extra parmesan and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.

It's ok.

Interesting that they have you lt the water. I usually avoid that as I heard that it makes the pasta tougher.

Interesting that they have you lt the water. I usually avoid that as I heard that it makes the pasta tougher.

Here's a good ingame recipe.

Beans and Sardines

Ingredients:

Beans

Sardines

Stir and serve cold.

Beans and Sardines

Ingredients:

Beans

Sardines

Stir and serve cold.

Here's a thought.

Super rare can opener, required to open canned food.

Everyone starves.

Beans and Sardines

Ingredients:

Beans

Sardines

Stir and serve cold.

Here's a thought.

Super rare can opener' date=' required to open canned food.

Everyone starves.

[/quote']

:D

Beans and Sardines

Ingredients:

Beans

Sardines

Stir and serve cold.

:D

Here's a thought.

Super rare can opener' date=' required to open canned food.

Everyone starves.

[/quote']

thats actually a good idea. Everyone spawn with one. If you lose it then you either:

a) borrow a friends

b) kill someone for it

c) hunt animals for food

what in the hell does all this crap have to do with a patch? why dont you guys have your private discussions on skype so you can actually show it to each other and stay on topic here. there is no reason to have 79 freaken pages of this crap. this is supposed to be a discussion about a specific update: 1.7.1 not what you guys want in the next one. there is a different thread for suggestions. really makes reading most of this forum about a game unreadable and a waste of time. good thing im not a forum mod.

Yeah good thing...because you'd be an asshole with power....and that would be a bad thing.

So what if they talk about things they want to see? Who's it hurting?

yeah, an asshole with power. the point is this isnt the place for things they want to see. its a place for a specific update with specific things. go find the santa clause thread for this crap. with 80+ pages with mostly garbage, lots of good ideas get missed. you read all 800+ posts? doubt it.

This new patch sounds great can't wait to see how it affects the game. Thanks Rocket for the best mod/game ever, really looking forward to were it is in a few months. Hope you got a rise off BIS you deserve it man!!

I think you meant raise ;-)

In which case, I concur!

This new patch sounds great can't wait to see how it affects the game. Thanks Rocket for the best mod/game ever' date=' really looking forward to were it is in a few months. Hope you got a rise off BIS you deserve it man!!

[/quote']

+1 feeling the same way.

I just thought of something and really can't be bothered going through 82 pages to see if someone else has mentioned it, but the zombies going to your last seen/sight location won't be exploitable by just laying down and having zero visability will it?

Otherwise if you get seen you could just lay down, crawl a bit then continue on your merry way.

I just thought of something and really ""can't be bothered going through 82 pages"" to see if someone else has mentioned it' date=' but the zombies going to your last seen/sight location won't be exploitable by just laying down and having zero visability will it?

Otherwise if you get seen you could just lay down, crawl a bit then continue on your merry way.

[/quote']

this is an excellent example of my point.

but you see how the question is about this update?

May I quote the original readmefile which comes with dayz.

Requirements:

ArmA II: CO

DayZ Mods

Full PMC DLC Recommended

Balls

Balls. People complaining about the darkness obviously has none.

Requirements:

DayZ Mods

Full PMC DLC Recommended

Balls

Bollox, thats what that statement is...

I just thought of something and really ""can't be bothered going through 82 pages"" to see if someone else has mentioned it' date=' but the zombies going to your last seen/sight location won't be exploitable by just laying down and having zero visability will it?

[/quote']

But you see, therein lies the problem with the thread.

Do you want rocket spending his time answering questions about minutae, or actually making the update?

This is something that you can test in game... but frankly, it also smacks a bit of 'Dur, I am smarter than the dev team. Did they think of THIS??'

So yes, it's related to the update, but still kind of... not worth much.

[/quote']

Hey, quit derailing the thread and answer his question. It's because of people like you this thread is so long.

Snort: I guess we will have to wait and see, but I'm sure they have thought about this. Lying down will most likely not give you zero visibility anymore.

Requirements:

DayZ Mods

Full PMC DLC Recommended

Balls

Says the dude with the chick name.

We're still arguing about the darkness issue? 82 pages of this thread alone and we're STILL fighting over it? @Anastaja, that is a useless uninformed statement and you damned well know it. While I stand resolutely on the side of making nights darker and harder to exploit video settings to bypass this, I may or may not have said in a past post that pitch black is silly (or something to that effect) - I'd use something which was darker than what we had before (so that gamma made a tiny tiny difference) with enough light to at least make out whats nearby. Justifying the use of an exploit with "but i'll get shot otherwise" when I suggest using artificial light is like saying "i want to run but silently so zombies dont attack" when someone says to just crouch and suck up the slowness of it.

Excellent, this will mean more sneaky Chernogorsk adventures.

[/quote']

But you see, therein lies the problem with the thread.

Do you want rocket spending his time answering questions about minutae, or actually making the update?

This is something that you can test in game... but frankly, it also smacks a bit of 'Dur, I am smarter than the dev team. Did they think of THIS??'

So yes, it's related to the update, but still kind of... not worth much.

agreed. but it is on topic. people like us are not the reason this thread is so long, its because of all the people making suggestions or kissing rockets ass saying "i cant wait for this!" or "thank you so much!" thats a bunch of crap too. he knows how we feel about it, he can see how many people play the game. and continue to play the game after each update. none of that belongs here. it belongs on some other thread. this one should be readable, but its not. and its because of crap like Max Planck and Nyz and linkinxp and Grease. not attacking you guys, just saying none of this has to do with 1.7.1.

my point is valid. asking when it will be released is not. it will be announced. talking about darkness is not either. (at least not on this update thread)

Max Planck wrote:

"Hey, quit derailing the thread and answer his question."

how can i answer his question? how the hell would i know? im not going to guess like other people.

Requirements:

DayZ Mods

Full PMC DLC Recommended

Balls

Says the dude with the chick name.

Anastaja is finnish language and means pretty much stealing or being a usurper.