rocket

Pending Update 1.7.1 Details

Balls. People complaining about the darkness obviously has none.

Says the dude with the chick name.

Anastaja is finnish language and means pretty much stealing or being a usurper.

Not to forget, the chick name is Anastasia or Anastacia. But for some people are all names that end with 'a' = female.

Are people really complaining about the patch preventing the gamma abuse?

It's one of the best patches yet, imo. Nighttime had turned into daytime with crappy graphics, rather than the scary stealth experience it's meant to be. Now you can KNOW you can't be seen and don't have to use gamma to even the playing field.

It's one of the best patches yet' date=' imo. Nighttime had turned into daytime with crappy graphics, rather than the scary stealth experience it's meant to be. Now you can KNOW you can't be seen and don't have to use gamma to even the playing field.

[/quote']

Wait... I must have missed something, where does it say that this patch will have any effect on night time?

am I the only one who's a little concerned about the Zeds doing more damage and having better vision, when the pathfinding is still so jittery ?

and how does the hiding from infected work? can we have some more info on that? at what point do you lose hoppers or crawlers? how do you hide from zeds that run as fast as you?

oh and any word on helo crashsite loot? my experience is that its still not respawning.

and just to keep the spirit of the thread going, sorry but the darkness in the night is nowhere near realistic... even in the middle of the night you can at least see your own hands infront of you...

am I the only one who's a little concerned about the Zeds doing more damage and having better vision' date=' when the pathfinding is still so jittery ?

and how does the hiding from infected work? can we have some more info on that? at what point do you lose hoppers or crawlers? how do you hide from zeds that run as fast as you?

and just to keep the spirit of the thread going, sorry but the darkness in the night is nowhere near realistic... even in the middle of the night you can at least see your own hands infront of you...

[/quote']

you are not the only one mate

am I the only one who's a little concerned about the Zeds doing more damage and having better vision' date=' when the pathfinding is still so jittery ?

oh and any word on helo crashsite loot? my experience is that its still not respawning.

[/quote']

Im not, im exited about the new Zed changes even tho i have no idea whats going to happen and that is COOl. You know why?? Its ALPHA and my opinion AFTER the update might change something if i feel its unbalanced or not right.. You should do the same AFTER the update :)

Please not the whole darkness again, keep it in the stickied post please.

Why is it so hard to stay on topic for some ppl.

Keep up the good work Rocket+team, looking forward to the changes and breaking it :D

I dont mind buffing the zeds per se, cause right now I consider them no threat at all... well besides the fact that you HAVE to shot them thus alerting other players to your position.

but combined with their speed and jittery movement more damage might actually be a bit much. but like you said, we'll see. I enjoyed every minute i spend in the world of DayZ so far, and i will continue to do so. its just the best game/mod in AGES! so keep it up guys!

...sorry but the darkness in the night is nowhere near realistic... even in the middle of the night you can at least see your own hands infront of you...

Not to troll you, dude. But I disagree. Have you ever been in the middle of nowhere when its dark with no light pollution, no street lights or moon, surrounded by trees? Not seeing your hand in front of your face is quite realistic. Dark nights are daaaaaark.

I cut my teeth, playing 24-48hr stints on this mod, about a month ago when the moon was 'new'. Yes, it took me and a friend 6 hours to get up north navigating via the stars (and getting lost a lot). Yes, getting loot was a super tense experience. But the atmosphere was electric, you have to consider every move vary carefully and take it slow. I for one am impressed by the Luna cycle in this mod/game. IMO the night time needs no change at all. Just wait till the moon is full again you'll feel happier then.

Stay safe, it's a cold world out there. I'll see you in the morning...

The link to the forum teaching how to install the beta hasn´t any link to actually download the beta, can´t find it. I tried Looking on google but not a single apparently official link so i can´t be sure i'm downloading the latest version. Can any1 provide me with the link? Thanks.

I hope by "* [NEW] You can hide from an infected chasing you"

This mean if a shoot at 250 meters away from a zed, in the middle of the night prone hidden beyond a bush, he won´t run directly at me revealing my position, only to the direction of the sound.

But im pretty sure that is not the case and stealthy in this game will continue rubish.

wheres the fix to players log in the sea. Honestly nothing else matter to me until the basics are fixed. or temporarily disable food and water until those problems get fixed.

I have a fix for that, make sure you stay for multiple saving cycles after you change the clothing. Had switched multiple suits already, still in locations where i logged ;)

It's one of the best patches yet' date=' imo. Nighttime had turned into daytime with crappy graphics, rather than the scary stealth experience it's meant to be. Now you can KNOW you can't be seen and don't have to use gamma to even the playing field.

[/quote']

Wait... I must have missed something, where does it say that this patch will have any effect on night time?

Try the new beta Arma 2 patch, you'll see. Even the roads at some points stay pitch black, even though a flashlight is on them.

could you add a door opening\closing sound? (hangar\wood-door\glass-door\car-door\etc)

May I quote the original readmefile which comes with dayz.

Requirements:

ArmA II: CO

DayZ Mods

Full PMC DLC Recommended

Balls

Balls. People complaining about the darkness obviously has none.

I brought my balls' date=' but I can't see them in the dark. I should take a screenshot of 8:30PM where it's still a clear twilight evening yet the ground is completely pitch black. Now [u']THAT is not correct lighting.

Really psyched on the new patch! But when was it supposed to come? Should I have to sit and get gray hair before the patch is released? Pretty disappointed that there is so little info about the facts.

Really psyched on the new patch! But when was it supposed to come? Should I have to sit and get gray hair before the patch is released? Pretty disappointed that there is so little info about the facts.

Careful now...

you'll hurt someone's feelings.

Please fix the using of scripts. NOW!

There are too many hackers. The spawn verhicles, let people fly and die, teleport across the map etc.

Please fix it in THIS UPDATE!

There are too many hackers. The spawn verhicles' date=' let people fly and die, teleport across the map etc.

[/quote']

I'm on it!

Oh, wait... where am I? Who am I?

There are too many hackers. The spawn verhicles' date=' let people fly and die, teleport across the map etc.

[/quote']

Thats mighty demanding... thing is if I was a dev and someone phrased a demand like that is be less inclined to give a crap...

Yeah, I've got to say...I'm done playing the mod till this is fixed. I'm part of NWO and the amount of cheaters entering games and initiating a kill-all command plus other shit is insane and happening extremely often. It's literally killing our clans ability to play on our server. I'm not going to invest many hours into a persistent character only to have it all go to waste (more so than the fact it's a video game) because some fucking douche bag thinks that shit is fun.

...sorry but the darkness in the night is nowhere near realistic... even in the middle of the night you can at least see your own hands infront of you...

Not to troll you' date=' dude. But I disagree. Have you ever been in the middle of nowhere when its dark with no light pollution, no street lights or moon, surrounded by trees? Not seeing your hand in front of your face is quite realistic. Dark nights are daaaaaark.

[/quote']

hehe no trolling taken ;)

but in fact i was, just 2 weeks ago i was camping in the woods with a couple of friends, and once we put out our fire and my eyes adjusted to the darkness i could at least see 5-10m far.

where in dayz i had server the other day, where there was a clear sky and a lot of stars, but the rest was completely black, like totally black.

but wrong place for this. and i dont even mind that much, as long as you cant "cheat" by increasing gamma. when its black for everyone, its fine with me.

[/quote']

Can I fix it? Can I? Can I? :rolleyes:

I'd like to chime in here - Freelancer (the video game) had its own problem with Disconnect/Abort players ruining the game whether by using the command, or pulling their internet connection to force their character to timeout. Having players persist for a while after disconnecting/logging out/timing out completely solved the problem for that game. I can personally attest to its effectiveness after playing that game for over 4 years.

The downside of course being that your character can die to your internet having a hiccup. But the majority of players probably won't have that happen to them.