rocket

Pending Update 1.7.1 Details

Simple additions and bug fixes' date=' but I really cant wait for this patch :P

[/quote']

Simple, yeah I know. That's why I do mods like DayZ everyday.

I'd like to chime in here - Freelancer (the video game) had its own problem with Disconnect/Abort players ruining the game whether by using the command' date=' or pulling their internet connection to force their character to timeout. [b']Having players persist for a while after disconnecting/logging out/timing out completely solved the problem for that game. I can personally attest to its effectiveness after playing that game for over 4 years.

The downside of course being that your character can die to your internet having a hiccup. But the majority of players probably won't have that happen to them.

WWII Online Battleground Europe had a similar system.... worked like a champ.

i use a little d-link antenna to get my internet, it cuts in and out all the time, but ive never had issues with any other multiplayer before.

i use a little d-link antenna to get my internet' date=' it cuts in and out all the time, but ive never had issues with any other multiplayer before.

[/quote']

Serious gaming is not wireless. Ethernet is your friend.

i use a little d-link antenna to get my internet' date=' it cuts in and out all the time, but ive never had issues with any other multiplayer before.

[/quote']

Serious gaming is not wireless. Ethernet is your friend.

I use a 'powerline' network. Not as fast as pure ethernet, but a million times more stable than wifi. Pretty cheap too, a pair of adapters only cost £40 ($70). I used to game on wifi a few years ago, Arma 2 was esspecially fussy about it and pretty much forced me to switch. Now I'll never go back.

To some degree I reckon a stable internet connection sould be tantamount to a system requirement for playing online games. Contentious argument, I know... but a game shouldn't be designed around the lowest common denominator.

*insert argument statement

*insert something about someone playing CoD

*insert opinion on darkness below

Meh, on my old video card, it was all black during the night. On my new one, I can see somewhat with my brightness up. I don't think it'd be easy just to have the mod increase brightness during the night, that's in the engine itself. Instead of complaining about something hard to fix/tweak, play during the day.

Meh' date=' on my old video card, it was all black during the night. On my new one, I can see somewhat with my brightness up. I don't think it'd be easy just to have the mod increase brightness during the night, that's in the engine itself. Instead of complaining about something hard to fix/tweak, play during the day.

[/quote']

The current light levels are a result of BIS fiddling with the beta patch. I imagine it was unintentionally made this dark. Wait for the next beta patch and night time will the playable again.

Please fix the using of scripts. NOW

I think Vipeax said something about it not being possible until Arma 2 (it allows client side scripts) is out of the way. Or until they begin using their own binary or some shit. /shrug

I had it copied word for word' date=' but I fucked that up...so whatever. Don't treat this as fact. He could've been talking about something else entirely as well lol...[/size']

Meh' date=' on my old video card, it was all black during the night. On my new one, I can see somewhat with my brightness up. I don't think it'd be easy just to have the mod increase brightness during the night, that's in the engine itself. Instead of complaining about something hard to fix/tweak, play during the day.

[/quote']

The current light levels are a result of BIS fiddling with the beta patch. I imagine it was unintentionally made this dark. Wait for the next beta patch and night time will the playable again.

Yeah, I watched the moon slowly rise this 'morning' (it was AM for me but still dark on the server) and it was still pitch black with it up in the sky.

Does anyone know if this update will fix some if not all the current hacks in DayZ? Its getting quite annoying!

Come on better FPS, I can smell the patch that will make it at least a bit more playable!

Interesting that they have you lt the water. I usually avoid that as I heard that it makes the pasta tougher.

Here's a good ingame recipe.

Beans and Sardines

Ingredients:

Beans

Sardines

Stir and serve cold.

hmm I think I'll just go for the steak, medium rare of course.

Really psyched on the new patch! But when was it supposed to come? Should I have to sit and get gray hair before the patch is released? Pretty disappointed that there is so little info about the facts.

Was wondering the same thing. Well, going by past releases anyway, when Rocket made "update pending" threads before, how long after that has it usually taken for said patches to get released? Might give us at least a rough idea. Or not, who knows.

Wait... I must have missed something' date=' where does it say that this patch will have any effect on night time?

[/quote']

It requires the latest beta patch. The beta patch fixes the gamma abuse.

Interesting that they have you lt the water. I usually avoid that as I heard that it makes the pasta tougher.

Here's a good ingame recipe.

Beans and Sardines

Ingredients:

Beans

Sardines

Stir and serve cold.

hmm I think I'll just go for the steak' date=' medium rare of course.

[/quote']

Au point

ATTENTION. ANYTHING YOU CAN THINK OF OR POST ABOUT FROM SKINS TO DESYNC TO CONNECT ISSUES TO LOOT OR DOGS OR DISCONNECT TIMERS OR ANY FUCKING THING IS THE NEXT PATCH. THERE IS NO ALPHA CYCLE. THE NEXT PATCH WILL INSTANTLY BRING THIS MOD INTO PERFECT NIRVANA BLISSFUL RELEASE STATUS.

when its avaible to download??

Yesterday. Or today. Or whatever is your ideal download date and time.

Wait... I must have missed something' date=' where does it say that this patch will have any effect on night time?

[/quote']

Not intentionally mind you. Something about how the new tone mapping broke dynamic lighting.

[/quote']

Not intentionally mind you. Something about how the new tone mapping broke dynamic lighting.

Beta arma changed the night time. But the next patch fixes whatever you want, when you want it.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh.

It will all be better soon. That's nothing, that cold strip you feel across your throat. Shhhhhhhhh.

so uhh.. I dunno if I missed it.. but when is the ETA for 1.7.1? Just curious.

ETA when it's on that marvelous Announcement front page.

Knowing Rocket is crazy workaholic I call it 2 days from now :D

You need a tissue?

You got a little brown on your nose there.

You need a tissue?

You got a little brown on your nose there.

lolwut? Sorry but that was a fail. You sarcasm is misplaced because Rocket IS a workaholic and has a tendency to release new updates fairly quickly, this is fact. Doesn't look like brown-nosing to me as much as a decent guess.

Sometimes.....