rocket

Pending Update 1.7.1 Details

Thank you Rocket!

*The zombies seing/attacking through walls etc. was the biggest issue above all else!

Glad to see that's getting fixed!:P

Any word on when the ArmA 2 "Beta" patch will be finalized though?

I'm not fond of "Beta" patches lol!

Why not? If you look around at everyone who uses it correctly' date=' it works fine. You are playing an [b']alpha mod, and you're worried about a "beta" patch? Is it the small amount of effort required to use it?

Yeah i'm so happy! thank you for this fantastic mod, and the effort you put into improve it!

Zed not being able to see you trought wall was a nice fix, but it doesn't address completely the problem. When they are aleterted/aggr'ed they will know where you are, and they'll follow you even if they cannot see/listen you anymore (break of LOS). If i manage to hide inside a building, or just using a building to break the LOS, they should only have an idea (inspect the area) of where i may be, not the exact location.. otherwise it still too unrealistic; as unrealistic is to crawl around them without em noticing you.

By any chance, will the changes to zombie movement result in them being able to run indoors? Please, please say yes.

Zed not being able to see you trought wall was a nice fix' date=' but it doesn't address completely the problem. When they are aleterted/aggr'ed they will know where you are, and they'll follow you even if they cannot see/listen you anymore (break of LOS). If i manage to hide inside a building, or just using a building to break the LOS, they should only have an idea (inspect the area) of where i may be, not the exact location.. otherwise it still too unrealistic; as unrealistic is to crawl around them without em noticing you.

[/quote']

Workin on it now. I do read your guys posts! (well, well organized topics such as http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9365)

* [NEW] Infected visibility increased (but limited by LOS)

So are the infected wearing neon zombie signs now? :P

perhaps amend visibility to visual detection range?

^ Excellent. Next important thing from that thread is def. log off exploits.. I can't wait to see the new teamplay functions either!

Nice work on the Zombies. One of the biggest problems with them (and what makes them not so scary) is the fact they move slow/get hung up inside structures.

If they can run inside buildings it would surely make this game and Zombies ALOT scarier.

I assume thats an engine problem though and not a mod problem.

when will this update be rolled out and will it be active across all/most/some servers when it does?

The server browser is a bit of a mess at the moment with the various versions running.

Err' date=' pretty please...

* [FIXED'] "No Speaker..." debug report spam

Am I missing something ?

Server log file spam

An example (5 seconds of logging on my server)

7:05:47 No speaker given for Taras Kravchuk
7:05:48 No speaker given for Taras Brodsky
7:05:48 No speaker given for Miro Prutko
7:05:48 No speaker given for Ctirad Moravec
7:05:48 No speaker given for Lukas Mucha
7:05:49 No speaker given for Nikola Vanek
7:05:49 No speaker given for Vadim Trachnikov
7:05:49 No speaker given for Petr Fojt
7:05:53 No speaker given for Ruslan Antonov
7:05:53 No speaker given for Ctirad Bobek

What is LOS?

Line of sight

Thank you.

* [NEW] Infected can't attack through walls

* [NEW] Infected can't see through objects any more

Thanks for these two lol. Looking forward to the update :)

Zed not being able to see you trought wall was a nice fix' date=' but it doesn't address completely the problem. When they are aleterted/aggr'ed they will know where you are, and they'll follow you even if they cannot see/listen you anymore (break of LOS). If i manage to hide inside a building, or just using a building to break the LOS, they should only have an idea (inspect the area) of where i may be, not the exact location.. otherwise it still too unrealistic; as unrealistic is to crawl around them without em noticing you.

[/quote']

Workin on it now. I do read your guys posts! (well, well organized topics such as http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9365)

does that mean we will see the new Xbow in this patch?! :D

* [FIXED] Infected not spawning inside buildings any more

* [NEW] Infected can't attack through walls

* [NEW] Infected can't see through objects any more

* [NEW] Infected visibility increased (but limited by LOS)

* [NEW] Infected attack range increased (but limited by LOS)

* [NEW] Infected can cause greater damage when they hit you

Finally zombies get a little bit stronger, thanks Rocket.

I'd like to see new in-game music for example take some tracks from Project Zomboid :D

Are there any more indepth guides into installing the beta on steam?

Why would you roll out an update on a build that doesn't work fully?