Sign in to follow this  
Mr-Zer0

Fucking Humanity...

Been playing a month and I only shot one person, and that was at the start when I was a lot more jumpy. If you have to "defend yourself" that much you're clearly looking for trouble.

Actually, I have been playing for 4 months now, and all kills I have made are from self-defence. They all counted as murders due to the broken bandit system.

That's a lot of self defense man. Sounds like you hang around Cherno, Elektro, or NW airfield a bit too much to consider those kills self defense.

Honestly, just go to a hospital and fill up your pack with blood bags. Run along the coast until you see a fresh spawn. Shoot them until they're unconscious (not dead) then constantly bloodbag them. Break their legs when you're out of blood, then bandage them and then continue on your way, leaving them helpless and stranded. Being a good person like this really boosts the humanity ;)

I'm still waiting for the giant douche skin to be added for guys like you. The game can track all of that. It's just a matter of time.

• Like 6

That's a lot of self defense man. Sounds like you hang around Cherno, Elektro, or NW airfield a bit too much to consider those kills self defense.

I hang out at the NW airfield and I have 4960 Humanity. You don't get that low without either buckshotting people to death, or seriously causing a ruckus.

After the new patch, my humanity has started out at around -75000, I was like, "Whoa, this is weird." So, after I die later on, I notice that my humanity is back at zero, so I deduced that humanity resets after you die. When I log out an hour later and play at an even later time, my humanity comes back at -75000. I then realize that humanity is tied to your account, and I am completely angered by the fact that I don't have the fair chance of becoming a normal survivor again. Now, I'm being killed on sight since I have the banit skin, and I can't get the hero skin unless I blood bag someone over 100 times... If someone knows how to reset it, please let me know. I can't become a normal survivor and be friendly because of this.

Tough shit, you can't switch back and forth anymore. Kind of makes you regret killing those freshspawns, eh?

Shooting people with a

Also, I am one of the few people who give bandits a chance to not be arsebags and do not shoot them on sight.

Shooting bandits doesn't make you an arsebag, it makes you the long arm of karma.

• Like 1

...Now, I'm being killed on sight since I have the banit skin,

No, you're being shot on sight just for fun. I have been shot more times with nothing than I have with good gear. 9/10 people don't give a shit they just want to shoot people for the fun of it. I have the hero skin and I still get shot on sight by everyone.

• Like 1

I've played 4 months just like you, and probably have twice as many hours sunk into this game as you. I shoot lots of people that I consider threats, coming into my area or they happen to be where I want to go and i've ended up with +2000 humanity. For you to get -75000 you were sniping people and being a general dickhead, and now you want sympathy because of the amount of effort it's going to take you to undo all your previous bad actions. It's hilarious how you want some sympathy when clearly you've been giving a ton of people grief, and you complaining about being shot on sight is quite funny also seeing that your definetly that kind of player :S

By no means am I complaining here, but wanted to add to this discussion.

I've only been playing for a few weeks and getting killed every ten minutes during my first week of playing really got me to open my eyes.

I'm at -10k right now and slowly climbing. When I make a murder, it's never done without questioning the player. I give a mic shoutout a couple times and even a text to see if they are friendly. When they don't reply and simply aim there gun at me while firing it's game on.

My ass or theirs, and I'll be damned if they are going to take my life and gear that I've scavenged for 2 days when all they have is a shotgun and barely spawned.

good lord, it's a game you shouldn't be punished by having an incredibly low humanity that will take forever to get back up just to play everything a game offers. Banditry is a part of the game, deal with it, don't punish people for playing the game. Give us a way to restore the humanity. Humanity resetting after death is how it should be if you ask me.

I've never understood why this community is so quick to troll and flame just for doing something that the game clearly offers. Think about playing dayz without the constant threat of being killed, doesn't it make it more fun? Without that aspect it's a coop find coke and beans simulator.

Edited by PinheadLarry

By no means am I complaining here, but wanted to add to this discussion.

I've only been playing for a few weeks and getting killed every ten minutes during my first week of playing really got me to open my eyes.

I'm at -10k right now and slowly climbing. When I make a murder, it's never done without questioning the player. I give a mic shoutout a couple times and even a text to see if they are friendly. When they don't reply and simply aim there gun at me while firing it's game on.

My ass or theirs, and I'll be damned if they are going to take my life and gear that I've scavenged for 2 days when all they have is a shotgun and barely spawned.

Oh no! 2 days worth of gear?! BITCH, PLEASE

d39.jpg

• Like 4

I'm still waiting for the giant douche skin to be added for guys like you. The game can track all of that. It's just a matter of time.

Not going to lie, I would laugh extremely fucking hard if my character was literally a douchebag.

The bandit skin adds a necessary penalty in a world of fantasy. It's a fantasy consequence (arbitrarily being labelled as a KOS player) to counter a fantasy advantage (respawning)

This is basic accounting stuff man, for every credit there is a debit.

• Like 3

If I could recount all my Day Z kills, it'd be up at about... 20-35. I constantly get into firefights with a bunch of players who shoot on sight. I do hang around Cherno, looking for people to help, but when they answer with bullets, I give them the same reply. Perhaps this is a bug?

My humanity was at 3250 before I logged off. Then I log back in and it starts at 0 and rises slowly to around 2300. Does that mean my humanity is 5550 now? Or is it still at 3250?

good lord, it's a game you shouldn't be punished by having an incredibly low humanity that will take forever to get back up just to play everything a game offers. Banditry is a part of the game, deal with it, don't punish people for playing the game. Give us a way to restore the humanity. Humanity resetting after death is how it should be if you ask me.

I've never understood why this community is so quick to troll and flame just for doing something that the game clearly offers. Think about playing dayz without the constant threat of being killed, doesn't it make it more fun? Without that aspect it's a coop find coke and beans simulator.

You get punished, because you punish other players. I find it funny how some of you think. You are not the victim of a unfair game mechanic. Just as I do not complain about the KoS policy, but I do hope it matures into something a little less aggressive someday. Banditry is indeed a valid play style but do not come in here whining about how unfair it is for bandits. You created this problem, you are not entitled to an easy way out of it. I hear a lot of Death matchers shred the Jonnie Carebear who makes stupid comments, why should it be any different for the Hard Core Harrys?

This community is what you made it. No one wants happy fluffy fun time DayZ. But a lot of us don't want deatmatch DayZ either. So until we find a happy medium you will have hostilities between the kill um all types and the "others".

Oh and OP have fun.

• Like 10

I hear a lot of Death matchers shred the Jonnie Carebear who makes stupid comments, why should it be any different for the Hard Core Harrys?

The irony is that DMing is the easy way out of situations in DayZ, so in effect, the Carebears are more hardcore than the DMers.

• Like 3

My humanity was at 3250 before I logged off. Then I log back in and it starts at 0 and rises slowly to around 2300. Does that mean my humanity is 5550 now? Or is it still at 3250?

Humanity can be bugged by logging in or changing skins. If it looks like its reset to 0 any humanity you gain/lose should carry over to your actual Humanity value (with possible exception to the humanity you get just by playing the game, if your humanity is over 2,500).

Edited by andrewbrownster

I like it, you played like a douche and now you're paying the price. Learn to help instead of shoot.

• Like 5

Now, I'm being killed on sight since I have the banit skin, and I can't get the hero skin unless I blood bag someone over 100 times... If someone knows how to reset it, please let me know. I can't become a normal survivor and be friendly because of this.

You have spent all your time shooting people on sight and now others can see what you've done the retribution you're recieving has infuriated you? Genuine chuckles!

• Like 2

The bandit skin simply alerts people that you have a tendency to kill others. Which by you own admission tends to happen but for you to rack up that high of a kos penalty you had to be doing it to some extent maliciously. We all get an occasional self defense murder at some point along the way but we aren't punished for it with a skin. That skin was earned by the way you chose to play the game and serves as a warning to the rest to be wary. You shouldn't look like a normal player because you aren't. Maybe in the future you will consider the consequences of your actions instead. Best of luck to you on your rehabilitation into the general population as it will take the same amount of effort to undo what you have done.

I got a hero skin, I worked hard for it, not killing scores of people on sight. Sometimes I had to make a run for it will bullets whistling after me, sometimes I killed in selfdefense and accepted the humanity hit.

If you have -75k humanity you're either playing it wrong or playing as a bandit.

Dear OP,

Don't worry, this game is full of laughs and giggles, so just enjoy them when you can. This forum however, is full of people who like to call you silly names and try to hurt your feelings. For whatever reasons, I can only guess, but I would think it is because they can do it and hide behind the anonymity of the internet. If they tried it at the local shops, they would soon have no teeth.

Personally, I like to aim for the legs, and then watch them bleed out through my binoculars. I tried having a positive humanity, but discovered pretty quickly that zombies respawn faster than the ammo does, people keep finding the vehicles I try to hide, and the server admins hog all the choppers.

The Lee Enfield is a fantastic leg-breaker, and they spawn all over the place, as do binoculars.

Yours sincerely,

Bandit BIO

• Like 1