alcatraz968

Rocket, Please don't. (Dayz on Console).

I think Rocket would be stupid not to put this game on console if he has the chance. Also hackers aren't so rampant on console. Oh shite I want this on Xbox 360 so I can avoid PC hackers.

I would like to see a console that could handle a full Day z version. This wont happen for a long ass time people. CALM THE FUCK DOWN.

PC gamers can be upset if a game is a bad console port. Console players can be uspet if a game is a bad PC port. Gamers who are pissed because "their" game is released on another system are stupid. Yes, I just called you stupid, Steve! (probably not you name, but it's fun to mess with all the Steves reading this)

I think Rocket would be stupid not to put this game on console if he has the chance. Also hackers aren't so rampant on console. Oh shite I want this on Xbox 360 so I can avoid PC hackers.

Ya they are and so are people pirating the games.

Repeating the myths won't make them come true.

Lag-switching, rapid-fire controllers..... to name just a couple.

PC gamers can be upset if a game is a bad console port. Console players can be uspet if a game is a bad PC port. Gamers who are pissed because "their" game is released on another system are stupid. Yes, I just called you stupid, Steve! (probably not you name, but it's fun to mess with all the Steves reading this)

Console players can be uspet if a game is a bad PC port?????

You mean a game that looks glorious and awesome on PC and looks like complete crap on console???...... THATS THE CONSOLES FAULT not PC or the developer.

Gamers who are pissed because "their" game is released on another system are stupid

It has nothing to do with a game simply being released on another system. it's what happens to the quality of the game on PC when that happens, along with the lack of support given to PC and the constant

whining when a game is "Too hard" and not enough hand holding that consolers have a nasty habit of demanding.

Battlefield 3 is a turd because consolers flooded the EA forums with demands that the game be dumbed down, remove this...remove that..... give is killcam.....commander is a hack... no prone for snipers, It's not fair they shot me....waaaa waaaa waaaa.

http://kotaku.com/59...-it-on-consoles

Rocket, and everyone reading. Lets look at what has happen to every game and series that has hit the console. With some notable exceptions, usually console exclusive games (Halo / Gears of War), Games that hit the console are always "Dumbed down".

Even PC first games get hit by it. Look at Crysis. They stopped updating the game, and released it on Console. They shredded the core parts of the game apart. Then ruined Crysis 2 (In comparison to Crysis).

Battlefield 3 has a update every 3 months or so. Even with game breaking problems (You MAV / DART bro). No hot fixes, as that cost money to put on console.

******************************************************************************************************************************

Some older games are decent on both platforms, but that's because of lower system use. The aging consoles have less and less power compared to modern day games. They require special programming, and many simplified parts. Crysis (This is my example game) had a few levels removed do to there high system requirements.

******************************************************************************************************************************

I understand games cost money, but as you Rocket have stated. Dayz is meant for the players.

If you tend to there needs, they will pay you back.

Even making the game on PC first, then consoles would hit hard the PC community. We would have less support, lose some features (ones that can't go over to console), and a shorter game life span.

I ask that you Rocket, Don't make a console version (At least on the old ones). They are not powerful enough for this game.

As it is, you have some things like View Distances in game set, so lower end systems can play.

This is not fair to the higher end computers. We built them for the best performances and visuals.

Remember that lower end users can see stuff we can't with there settings so low. So there are advantages to both.

To the other user's reading this. I want your options on this.

If you agree, Voice it

If you don't agree, say why.

No. DayZ should be on console, but the servers shouldn't mix. What difference does it make if someone's playing on their PS3 on PS3 servers, and you're on pc, playing pc servers? So what if it's dumbed down? Don't play it. Simple. DayZ should be on all systems, so that everybody can enjoy it.

So what if it's dumbed down? Don't play it. Simple. DayZ should be on all systems, so that everybody can enjoy it.

And thats EXACTLY the attitude thats leading to companies selling us LESS for MORE.

A company can take a lump of dog turd, put it in a DVD case and slap a $60 price tag on the front and people like you would buy it and then say "Thank you sir, may I have another?"

People like you are the reasons you rarely see a manual come with a game anymore

People like you are the reasons why developers continue to release buggy, broken games and never fix them.

People like you are the reasons why EULA's telling customers to stuff it is you don't like it are common nowadays.

People like you are the reasons games come with huge chunks ripped out of them and sold as overpriced DLC.

You are a corporate money grubbing suits wet dream.

Pathetic

Edited by jblackrupert

You mean a game that looks glorious and awesome on PC and looks like complete crap on console???...... THATS THE CONSOLES FAULT not PC or the developer.

SCREAMING DOESN'T IMPROVE YOUR ARGUMENT! A bad way to port PC titles to consoles is for example to mess up the control scheme, beeing it make the button layout senseless and confusing or not properly porting it for an analog movement system. It happens less ebcause MS and Sony have a little bit of QA on console titles, while PC games don't have anything of that sort.

It has nothing to do with a game simply being released on another system. it's what happens to the quality of the game on PC when that happens, along with the lack of support given to PC and the constant

whining when a game is "Too hard" and not enough hand holding that consolers have a nasty habit of demanding.

Battlefield 3 is a turd because consolers flooded the EA forums with demands that the game be dumbed down, remove this...remove that..... give is killcam.....commander is a hack... no prone for snipers, It's not fair they shot me....waaaa waaaa waaaa.

Really? The console market is demanding easy games, while the PC gaming master race is the only place where people are challenged? What about Demon's Souls? Or Dark Souls, where Konami was petitioned by PC gamers to port it on our system because it is so great and challenging.

And as far as I remember the Commander mode was only in BF2 and was already dropped when the horrible BC2 arrived. Killcams are pretty useful to detect hackers in-game and BF3 sucks because DICE wanted to copy facebook on PC, someting which console users don't have to bother with. A lot of PC-only releases suck just because they are shit, not because the non-existant console version is evil as Satan.

A company can take a lump of dog turd, put it in a DVD case and slap a $60 price tag on the front and people like you I would buy it and then say "Thank you sir, may I have another?"

Call of Duty in a nutshell.

And No, you're wrong. Please explain how (for example) an Xbox 360, that can handle every top-notch game made nowadays, but with only the graphics dipping a little, can't run DayZ, which is actually ArmA 2, released in 2009? I'm 100% certain that Xboxs/PS3s can run it at near-max settings, in 720p, just fine.

Nothing would be cut.

The only difference would be the controls.

50 people a server would still be possible.

You fail.

Edited by omgwtfbbq

This would be a disaster. The dayz I want to play would not be possible on consoles. How can Dean say he wants to have 150-200 players per server if its to be ported to console? We all know that consoles cant even support modest numbers in MP games.

Maybe Dean is just tired of all the hackers and console is the only way to keep it to a minimum.

Not necessarily. I used to play MAG a lot on the PS3, and that was able to fluidly hold 256 players on one map.

Edited by Gamemaster77

This is what happens when someone's dream comes to fruition overnight. They start thinking much too grandiosely. They think they can't do wrong. How about we talk about Day Z on consoles in a year or so when we actually have a Day Z standalone?

Or you could talk about it now and show that you don't really know where you're going with this project, and make a lot of fans who KNOW what happens to games when they go to console, very upset.

Edited by Wrath

Dont get me wrong I enjoy my consoles and always have. For what they offer (Red Dead Redemption, Forza,etc..).

But I agree with the TC, these days it seems like most games that develop for tons of systems end up either having to be dumbed down or have a crap pc version.

Make this PC only and then when it makes enough money make a CONSOLE version

I just want Rocket to majorly profit. I've never played a game this long in one sitting let alone time span. Do whatever you want to, Rocket...you deserve it,pal.

Edited by ShanefawkdLori
  • Like 1

You obviously have nto played on xbox live much if you think they are free of hackers lol.

Ever play Cod Modern Warfare2 the first month it was out? TONS of hackers.

People don't seem to understand the limitations of the current consoles. They are 7 Years old. PC performances has gone up over 100% sense's then.

Actually the computer power doubles ever 18 months according to Moore's law ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moore%27s_law )

OT: I agree please do not bring dayz to consoles it will result in a dumbed down version of dayz and no one really wants that... (I hope =/ )

Call of Duty in a nutshell.

And No, you're wrong. Please explain how (for example) an Xbox 360, that can handle every top-notch game made nowadays, but with only the graphics dipping a little, can't run DayZ, which is actually ArmA 2, released in 2009? I'm 100% certain that Xboxs/PS3s can run it at near-max settings, in 720p, just fine.

Nothing would be cut.

The only difference would be the controls.

50 people a server would still be possible.

You fail.

@Console trolls how don't know about there own system. When your answer is intelligent, i will listen.

You do know that Xbox 360 and PS3 only support DX8 right.

You know that BF3's frame rate on consoles is 24, and it runs under 720p.

You do know that COD is very linear, and small. There is not a lot of rendering going on. Most is pretty pictures placed in the game.

You do know that all game trailers are filmed on PC.

You do know that the Console is 7 Years old, and PC is 100% + stronger.

(Example: Crysis can run decently on a Intel HD 3000, well Crysis 2 with it more streamline engine can't.

Crysis engine was made for PC first, way before the Console port was a idea. Crysis 2 was ported to PC.)

You do know that the ARMA 2 engine continually updates, putting new graphically features in.

Im sure there is more things, but this is to just show how your statement is wrong and non intelligent.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

Again, To port this game, he would have to streamline it (Simplify) which would effect the game quality on PC.

Or rebuild it from the ground up. Which would mean that you basically are making a new game. That much support would have to come out of somewhere (A.K.A: The PC update team).

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

As to the people talking about putting the game on the Next Gen Console, which would come out in years, and be made by a completely separate team. (Minecraft Model).

I actually kinda have to agree. Minecraft in final game does have really good support. The Minecraft model is something i would give my support. But if Rocket follows the Minecraft model, he is missing one key thing which is a whole thread in it's self. Mods. (Do not discuss them please here, this idea deserves its own threads).

But within the near future (2 Years), this game would be ruined by going to console. Until the Next Gen Consoles are out and stable, Going console is a no no in my mind and logically if you want a good game.

2 Years is a long time, and that is not the point of the current discussion.

Edited by Alcatraz968
  • Like 3

At least the console version would be playable. Almost every one of my friends and myself have quit after repeatedly getting hacked on every server we joined.

At least the console version would be playable. Almost every one of my friends and myself have quit after repeatedly getting hacked on every server we joined.

Not a point to be made in this thread buddy, there are plenty of threads about hacking on these forums, use those and do not derail this one. :)

Guys guys guys! Why are you worrying about the game on console? You don't have to play it on console, just play it on PC :/

Not a point to be made in this thread buddy, there are plenty of threads about hacking on these forums, use those and do not derail this one. :)

How's it not a point? Hacking is an obvious con for the PC mod and the security consoles provide is an obvious pro. At least my point is based on some amount of factual information whereas most everything else in this thread is based on pure speculation.

The OP only points out cases where consolized games has been negative for the PC version. Check out L4D1&2, both of them are wildly more successful and supported on the PC. Console games don't ruin PC games, the developers and their decisions do.

Edited by jmido8

As long as console players would be on a totally different set of servers I couldn't care less. I cant even fathom how this could be ported to console without a severe "dumbing down" of the game. If anything it will hopefully get people hooked on DayZ, then they'll see how superior the PC version is and make the switch.

Sooner or later, you guys will realize PC isn't the only platform people play on.

LOL? I think the question is moot. No console could handle the arma2 engine never mind arma3 with dayz.....no need to worry methinks :)

Sooner or later, you guys will realize PC isn't the only platform people play on.

And sooner or later you console guys will realise that PC gaming is where it's truly at, and where true hardcore gamers go to get their fill :) Consoles are great for plug, play, but don't come close to the power of a PC, flexibility or accuracy (kb/mouse) not to mention all the other stuff you can do on a PC besides gaming..

Every single console player I know and have heard of, who tries gaming on PC, never, EVER looks back. Better graphics, better flexibility, more games, mods etc etc. The only console gamer who thinks and says PCs are not the ultimate gaming machines, have not tried, or are die hard fanboys. Sorry but it's true. Argue all you like it changes nothing.

Edited by Irenicus
  • Like 3

LOL? I think the question is moot. No console could handle the arma2 engine never mind arma3 with dayz.....no need to worry methinks :)

And sooner or later you console guys will realise that PC gaming is where it's truly at, and where true hardcore gamers go to get their fill :) Consoles are great for plug, play, but don't come close to the power of a PC, flexibility or accuracy (kb/mouse) not to mention all the other stuff you can do on a PC besides gaming..

Dude, I know PC is more powerful, everyone knows that I think. I have a powerful PC myself, but I also enjoy playing on my PS3. I also have no friends in real life that have a decent PC, so them being able to get it on PS3 and us all bplaying together, that would just be FANTASTIC.

• Like 1