alcatraz968

Rocket, Please don't. (Dayz on Console).

I agree, but money allways goes before fanbase in this buisness

tbh

Fuck consoles

Only reason i own a 360 caus of halo and gow

• Like 11

Your post is completely true, and yet irrelevant in this particular case as Rocket has stated it will be developped for PC, and THEN ported to the consoles.

• Like 3

Great idea. Anything that grows the DayZ fan base and heaps riches on the Rocket man. You deserve success mate.

Plus, it will get the kids off my back so that I don't have to share my PC Version!

• Like 4

This would be a disaster. The dayz I want to play would not be possible on consoles. How can Dean say he wants to have 150-200 players per server if its to be ported to console? We all know that consoles cant even support modest numbers in MP games.

Maybe Dean is just tired of all the hackers and console is the only way to keep it to a minimum.

Edited by Redfield

I don't state my opinion because I'm a PC Fan-boy. Or think PC is the Master race.

I'm looking at the performances of past games and the outcome both Game-play and graphics wise. Console games tend to degrade in both. I don't want such a successful game like Dayz to end up like those's games.

And Dayz unique community makes me believe i might be able to make a small differences. Possible change Rockets opinion if he reads this, or convinces enough users to disagree and get some changes done.

********************************************************************************************************************************************

To the trolls / users who don't read my post fully. Please do or get out. Your not helping this possible great game reach it's highest potential.

Edited by Alcatraz968

honestly it wouldn't even be possible on such a scale. And the inventory is too complicated for a controller. But on next gen consoles maybe.

Your post is completely true, and yet irrelevant in this particular case as Rocket has stated it will be developped for PC, and THEN ported to the consoles.

Even if it's ported to consoles, he will ignore the PC version, like every other game developer. Console will have first priority, not to mention that it was PC gamers that made the game popular in the first place. Without us, he would still be a nobody.

I am also a PC fanboy and would like to see you completely ignore a huge customer base that will chuck their money at you.

It's not about the money, it's about the game.

And before you start you're shit with how the money will be used to improve the game, think about all the time, dedication and MONEY that goes into the release of the mod for consoles.

It will take months maybe years before it pays off. And the game's still in alpha for crying out loud!

And how will that even work, releasing it on consoles and keeping everything updated.

Rocket said they will keep updating the mod AND the standalone. How will he plan on doing that if he also has to keep consoles in mind?

Too much work, too much effort -> bad game

• Like 2

Again, I can only see the consoles getting shafted in this case. Like the original Crysis, a fully original PC game getting ported to the console months, maybe years AFTER it's release on pc just does not affect the game on the pc itself.

that is something never gonna happen. If rocket left BIS and all that, find another studio to make his game this was a possibility. BIS = pure pc studio also theres no console out there to handle such engine. dont you think blizzard released wow for consoles if thats possible?

• Like 1

If this game goes to consoles I will be switching to WarZ its already stated its PC only. Every PC only game that has gone to consoles has gone to shit.

• Like 7

Console and console kiddies are the scourge of the gaming world.

Remember when PC FPS communities were tight knit with hundreds of thousands of players?

I do.

Then came MS and Xbox live.

Now, many games are made for the console and ported over to PC -- it used to be the other way around.

You can take a pile of shit and polish it up and it is still a pile of shit. If you take something workable, it is workable at the time and if you so choose to, then you can make it shit.

It's simple logic. You can't port up, only down, for the slow ones.

• Like 3

Not sure what Rocket is thinking here. ArmA 3 will be PC exclusive and will stay that way. Today's consoles have no chance in hell running that. Even with a modified engine, I'd expect once the game is completed it could be ported to future consoles, but PS3/360? Very strange indeed.

Here we go again with another PC vs console flaming. Who fucking cares if the guy MAY want to port it over in the DISTANT future? The fact that were discussing it at this point in retarded. This is 1000x more pointless then haven discussed warz at length over a screen shot.

• Like 2

Here we go again with another PC vs console flaming. Who fucking cares if the guy MAY want to port it over in the DISTANT future? The fact that were discussing it at this point in retarded. This is 1000x more pointless then haven discussed warz at length over a screen shot.

This guy, he gets it. Beans for you sir!

The rest of you, please come join us. We are a small group that prides ourselves on not being batshit crazy fanboys..

DayZ will run on the ARMA 2 or ARMA 3 engine, both of which are Windows only

Thats what every developer throughout history has said just before they dump the latest console port turd on us and then spend all of their time and effort on the console version.

DayZ isn't even out of Alpha and barely has anything other then gather weapons, food then walk around killing people out of boredom and he's talking console.

It sounds to me like $$$ are starting to ring in his head.

• Like 1

Available for Pc/Xbox/ps3 = console game with mouse plugged in.

Watered down complexity, movement, freedom, customization, last and specifically least...graphics.

Maybe they can get those EA BF3 marketing guys to tell us it'll be a real game for half a year then release another dumbed down cookie cutter fps and pretend they just didn't know better on their way to the bank.

One of the main draws of dayz is it is PC only. This doesn't guarantee a good game, but it sure a hell makes a game with good gameplay more likely.

Very disappointed this option is even being considered.

If you take any developers promise that a game being developed for both PC and console will be "pc focused" you are incapable of learning from experience and just waiting to be burned once again.

Fill the game with hints, tutorials, easy modes and DLC to your hearts content, PC gamers have wizened up to this crap and will not be purchasing it.

Edited by deadlymass
  • Like 3