alcatraz968

Rocket, Please don't. (Dayz on Console).

Dude, I know PC is more powerful, everyone knows that I think. I have a powerful PC myself, but I also enjoy playing on my PS3. I also have no friends in real life that have a decent PC, so them being able to get it on PS3 and us all bplaying together, that would just be FANTASTIC.

I understand, consoles are easy and fun to use yes, but for hardcore simulation engines like ArmA 2 there's just no way a console could handle it without severely diluting it. So it's not a question of should consoles have DayZ but could they? Right now the answer is no. Unless you can imagine a PS3 handling this game? Maybe at 480p on lowest graphics? but what would that look like? Shit is the answer. So please don't get me wrong I'm not against consoles, but hardcore gamers and hardcore games have to be and can be only on PC imo

I understand, consoles are easy and fun to use yes, but for hardcore simulation engines like ArmA 2 there's just no way a console could handle it without severely diluting it. So it's not a question of should consoles have DayZ but could they? Right now the answer is no. Unless you can imagine a PS3 handling this game? Maybe at 480p on lowest graphics? but what would that look like? Shit is the answer. So please don't get me wrong I'm not against consoles, but hardcore gamers and hardcore games have to be and can be only on PC imo

People said the same thing about BF3 on consoles. It runs fine. Never lags, no FPS frops, nothing. And the graphics look amazing! But yeah I'm pretty sure my PS3 could easily handle that game on 720p no prob. 50 frames average.

People said the same thing about BF3 on consoles. It runs fine. Never lags, no FPS frops, nothing. And the graphics look amazing! But yeah I'm pretty sure my PS3 could easily handle that game on 720p no prob. 50 frames average.

Not sure if trolling.......

Anyway, yeah your wrong. I have a PS3. I use it for netflix and blu-rays. The ps3 cell processor would not be capable of what dayz should be.

There is a reason that BF3 on console only supports a few players at a time and the maps are smaller. The tech is comparable to PC's from 2004.

Not sure if trolling.......

Anyway, yeah your wrong. I have a PS3. I use it for netflix and blu-rays. The ps3 cell processor would not be capable of what dayz should be.

There is a reason that BF3 on console only supports a few players at a time and the maps are smaller. The tech is comparable to PC's from 2004.

OK bro. Some people are stating that it probably wont happen until a couple years anyways. In a couple of years we will have all new consoles that are very powerful anyways. Then what will you say?

You people almost make me ashamed of being a PC gamer. The second I tell someone I play a lot of PC games too they immediately think "wow, I bet that guy's a dick".

PC elitists smfh... Inappropriate. - Inu

Edited by Inu
  • Like 1

Hi alcatraz!

Lol any game that is developed for console and PC, the PC version is almost always garbage now. Look at ghost recon future soldier. That game could have been sick on PC but then it turns out to be one of the worst ports ever made. If the PC gaming scene is ever going to grow again we need PC exclusives that are amazing to force people to buy computers. If it wernt for Halo and GOW i would have thrown my xbox out the window long long ago. Because of those games i bought a Xbox, lets do the same for PC.

Also give us mod support for the Standalone DayZ game. Modders gave us Lingor island and it is amazing. If you develop a great core game that is amazing by itself and then give the modders the tools to do what they want DayZ would become the best game ever made imo.

DONT USE BATTLEEYE ANYMORE, ITS EVEN WORSE THAN PUNKBUSTER!!!

@Console trolls how don't know about there own system. When your answer is intelligent, i will listen.

You do know that Xbox 360 and PS3 only support DX8 right.

You know that BF3's frame rate on consoles is 24, and it runs under 720p.

You do know that COD is very linear, and small. There is not a lot of rendering going on. Most is pretty pictures placed in the game.

You do know that all game trailers are filmed on PC.

You do know that the Console is 7 Years old, and PC is 100% + stronger.

(Example: Crysis can run decently on a Intel HD 3000, well Crysis 2 with it more streamline engine can't.

Crysis engine was made for PC first, way before the Console port was a idea. Crysis 2 was ported to PC.)

You do know that the ARMA 2 engine continually updates, putting new graphically features in.

Im sure there is more things, but this is to just show how your statement is wrong and non intelligent.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

Again, To port this game, he would have to streamline it (Simplify) which would effect the game quality on PC.

Or rebuild it from the ground up. Which would mean that you basically are making a new game. That much support would have to come out of somewhere (A.K.A: The PC update team).

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

As to the people talking about putting the game on the Next Gen Console, which would come out in years, and be made by a completely separate team. (Minecraft Model).

I actually kinda have to agree. Minecraft in final game does have really good support. The Minecraft model is something i would give my support. But if Rocket follows the Minecraft model, he is missing one key thing which is a whole thread in it's self. Mods. (Do not discuss them please here, this idea deserves its own threads).

But within the near future (2 Years), this game would be ruined by going to console. Until the Next Gen Consoles are out and stable, Going console is a no no in my mind and logically if you want a good game.

2 Years is a long time, and that is not the point of the current discussion.

God, your grammar is horrendous. First things first: *their *an *unintelligent *graphical *affect *logical

Now, as for your punctuation and sentence structure...even worse. Learn to English.

As for your points, let's go down the list:

•Wrong, Xbox 360 and PS3 are on DX9. Yes, PC is on DX11, but that's not the point here.

•Wrong, BF3's framerate is 30fps with vertical sync for both consoles, and can be put in 720p if you have an HDTV.

•I wasn't saying COD is worth discussing. Ignore COD for now.

•Wrong, as not all game trailers are filmed on the pc. How would they film console exclusives?

•Wrong, PS3 is 6 years old, and both PS3 and Xbox 360 can run every game made nowadays. Proof that they are not outdated. Outdated wold mean that they cannot run it at all. And 100% + stronger doesn't make sense.

•Wrong, both Crysis 1 and 2 run well on Xbox and PS3, as will Crysis 3.

•Plenty of games have daily/monthly updates. Example: Halo Reach.

•Wrong, my statement is not wrong, and my statement is not unintelligent. You are.

•Wrong, toning down some features (which they aren't going to do) when putting DayZ on console has nothing to do with the PC version of DayZ. Useless point you have.

•Wrong, whether they have to build it from the ground up or not is not a matter of fact, it is rocket's decision, not yours.

•Wrong, the Xbox 720 is coming out Christmas 2013, and PS4 is coming out either end of this year or middle of next.

•Wrong, if DayZ doesn't expand, it will die. PC-only games die out quickly, unless they have a console port. The War Z will suffer a similar fate, because that will be a PC-only game. Name a PC-only game other than an MMORPG that is still popular today. DayZ is not an MMORPG, so do not even try to say that it is.

•Wrong, 2 years =/= <1 year

Every single one of your points is invalid. Please leave.

Edited by omgwtfbbq

Not sure what Rocket is thinking here. ArmA 3 will be PC exclusive and will stay that way. Today's consoles have no chance in hell running that. Even with a modified engine, I'd expect once the game is completed it could be ported to future consoles, but PS3/360? Very strange indeed.

yeah but he is not using ArmA 3 engines is he? he is using a modified ArmA 2 engine. and that engine does port to the 360..

not sure dayz would appeal to consoles.

i have a console for games like FIFA, but shooters are better with a mouse. Many console owners don't have a PC, and I doubt would have the patience for the sandbox experience.

Optimized on PC then ported to console is ok with me. At least that makes US the focus. Get you rmoney however you can, Rocket. Much deserved for finally making a legit zombie survival game. Seriously.

Optimized on PC then ported to console is ok with me. At least that makes US the focus. Get you rmoney however you can, Rocket. Much deserved for finally making a legit zombie survival game. Seriously.

Yeah, this. :thumbsup:

If it won't handicap PC version I'm fine but if it means that console dudes will get semi-autoaim because they are playing on gamepads designed for other types of games....

I hope they dont make it for consoles, would ruin the game.

and this is coming from a xbox owner.

• Like 1

I agree with the OP.

I just hope that if Rocket does decide to go ahead with it, he waits for the next generation of consoles. Consoles that would have the necessary hardware to run the full version of Dayz, not some dumbed down crap made for a PS3.

Either way, he stated it will be written for the PC first. I think the finished product is going to be epic, if the Alpha is anything to by :D. I will be buying it regardless.

Edited by H1t0w3r

you rearly came of as a selfish d bag as far as i know the majority of video gamers dont play on pc you would like all those people to just play on horible zombie games like resident evil dead rising or cod's zombies mode shame on you

the fact of the matter is that to get a high end pc that plays all current games on max setting you need to spend about £1000 and every two years you have to upgrade it and spend what about £100-200 plus you cant play split screen co op on pc and you get to play you game on just a tiny computer screen instead of a 42 inch plasma and with console gaming you can stretch out and relax whilst playing a game on your bed or sofa but you cant rearly do that whilst pc gaming plus to be a pc gamer you have to be a nerd to undertsnad all that pc jargon and to know how to replace parts how to fix it when its not working etc

but to play ps3 games all i had to do was spend £134 on a brand new 320gb ps3 set up a psn acount and thats it i dident have to build it i dident have to spend £1000 i wount have to upgrade it every year or so and i dont have to worry if my ps3 can properly run the game and i dont have to awkwardly sit at a desk playing games on small computer screen

i would love if dayz what borught to console it would be a dream come true and it would be a smart move on the developers part opening up a large market like that

• Like 1

the fact of the matter is that to get a high end pc that plays all current games on max setting you need to spend about £1000 and every two years you have to upgrade it and spend what about £100-200 plus you cant play split screen co op on pc and you get to play you game on just a tiny computer screen instead of a 42 inch plasma and with console gaming you can stretch out and relax whilst playing a game on your bed or sofa but you cant rearly do that whilst pc gaming plus to be a pc gamer you have to be a nerd to undertsnad all that pc jargon and to know how to replace parts how to fix it when its not working etc

you don't NEED to play split screen co-op on a PC.

you can play "we both have our own screen co-op" like in portal 2. which is far superior than playing on half a tv regardless of the size of the tv. which also means you dont take a performance hit cos you're both playing on the same console either : you both have a PC, omg it's like having your own food and not having to share!!.

ALSO. I play DayZ on a 50inch LED tv. also I do so from the comfort of my sofa.

Tbh you're just butthurt cos you can't afford a mid-top end gaming pc. sorry bro. I forgive you/

*edit. if your views are representative of the console market, then I don't want to see a console port. keep the CoD kiddies as far away from DayZ as possible please. there's enough moron's currently ruining it.

Edited by Blindingsun
  • Like 2

Cant agree more with your Crysis statement...Crysis (1) was my all time favourite FPS and the reason i got into PC building!! when Crysis 2 came out I was so excited...then heard about console release and was like erm ok I will give it a go (Xbox 360 Demo) and frankly I almost cried at how simple it was to the point of I thought the game had been lobotomised.... Warhead was ok aswel I guess, I am just hoping Crysis 3 will excel ^^

But overall yes I think a game like this needs to stick to PC and PC only as it is far to deep for any console at the present time to handle...

Just my two pennys :D

AJ

As an adult I find very, very few console games appealing. If there was no PC gaming, I would probably find other hobbies. Console games have just always been so watered down and are usually for marketed towards younger audiences.

It may just be talk about porting it over to console, but it's become far to common that a dev team that was once PC focused decided to prioritise consoles, because that's supposedly where the money is.

devs have said before that they will make it a PC game first, then later port to console, during development. they have also said they wont lose focus of their PC audience, hardcoreness etc

then the game was evidently the same piece of shit between either platform

DayZ lead wants game on consoles

Alexander Sliwinski from joystiq.com had a chat with Dean Hall about a possible console version of the standalone DayZ game which is being developed.

Quote :

DayZ project lead Dean Hall "really hopes" the game is successful enough to justify a console version. Speaking to us today at Gamescom, the developer, who has been thrust into the spotlight thanks to the incredibly successful Arma 2 mod, told us the only stumbling block is DayZ needs to be successful enough to justify a console version.

"You're not going to put it on the consoles if you're only going to sell 100,000 units or something like that," he said. "DayZ will be driven by its PC development and it will innovative on that. And, once we're at a point, we'll take it and do a Mac version, 360 and PS3."

Asked if he's met with any of the console developers, he immediately chimed back, "We're meeting with them here."

DayZ's publisher, Bohemia Interactive, does have a console background, and Hall has been a producer on console games in the past and knows "the pitfalls and horror that's involved with it."

Source: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17450

• Like 2

This game would go so much further if it spread to console. The PC gaming industry is nothing compared to the Console gaming industry. Id probably play this game on PC even though I have an Xbox 360 Ive hardly touched. The extra money they could get from this would be massive and in the long run, better for the game because more money means more development and features. I doubt it will happen though.

• Like 1

honestly? Really? what a bunch of toss.

why does the thought of a console conversion later down the line offend you so much? All of your points are biased nonsense.

Games are not dumbed down for consoles, games are dumbed down for mass-markets because if you spend 5million+ developing a game you need the mass-market to buy it in droves in order to make a profit, this is a problem with the game development community as a whole and has nothing to do with "stupid" console players.

DayZ isn't going to cost Rocket 5million to make, he wont need to make sure it is bought buy everyone and their dog just to break even.

Even if a "dumbed down" (god that phrase is the biggest load of bollox ever) version was created the PC game is the lead model, it wont be backwardly affected and besides, if all the kids play the console version that leaves the PC version free for the more mature players.

/le sigh

I'm a console gamer

I also play a lot of PC games too, and I certainly don't need sixupdater to get a simple mod working because I have brains! Imagine that, a console gamer with brains, we're really not that rare and we are not the reason for games being dumb, dumb business practices are the sole culprit.

• Like 2

console gamers gonna get offended by talk of dumbing down, the word masses .. etc

lets stick to the nisnomer rocket used in that other interview about increasing "accessibility". console games have massively increased accessibility. and since consoles have been out, once less accessible PC games have been made accessible due to the high profit of selling to a larger group.

pc gamers hate this and cant be convinced their experiences are untrue