Sam Maunder

DayZ Development Twitter

Everyone in here keeps complaining on how the developers of the game, (that are trying so hard to release a

game that again, your complaining about, how it is not out still...) are not replying to your idiotic questions if the game will have new guns when it releases??... duh why would the most anticipated game of the year not have

new guns? do us all a favor and read before you ask a stupid question.. please! im not trying to be (completely) rude but instead think of it as helping dean by saying what he wish he could say without him being rude about it

himself. So do your homework and keep looking forward to the best game of this decade by far!!!

Everyone in here keeps complaining on how the developers of the game, (that are trying so hard to release a

game that again, your complaining about, how it is not out still...) are not replying to your idiotic questions if the game will have new guns when it releases??... duh why would the most anticipated game of the year not have

new guns? do us all a favor and read before you ask a stupid question.. please! im not trying to be (completely) rude but instead think of it as helping dean by saying what he wish he could say without him being rude about it

himself. So do your homework and keep looking forward to the best game of this decade by far!!!

Actually if Dean wanted to say it, he probably would. I think he knows we are pretty much grown up enough to take it. And congratulations on your first post, I am sure with your massive interaction with this community, you have gained enough right to speak down and berate them, plus your right to speak up for the lead developer of the game. Oh yeah, the messages in this thread are about 1 month old, so congratulations again, your rant was not to late and not off topic (clap clap clap).

Edited by -seraphine-
  • Like 1

I for one is lookin forward to DayZ Standalone. The game looks cool, and the potential stuff thay might add sounded really cool from a rolplaying perspective.

And to the peopel that have goten invited, have fun and happy testing. :)

• Like 1

I thought up a actual question: How many people are on the DayZ dev team?

Finally on twitter...Great!!! Thats good news

"Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:29 PM"

What?

10 Times the amount that are on WarZ :D

No offense, but I don't buy into social media. I'd much rather converse with close friends face to face. But I like to see stuff like this, it might pull in some new users from the eight corners of the interwebz.

Can you answer questions? If so, why aren't cars in the base release. And another thing, I hear there will be less weapons in the alpha. Less as in only five or six guns, or about as many as there are now?

Can you answer questions? If so, why aren't cars in the base release. And another thing, I hear there will be less weapons in the alpha. Less as in only five or six guns, or about as many as there are now?

I can answer to these questions:

Cars aren't in the release because they are fixing the cars so it won't feel like driving giant brick. And yes there is less weapons at start but because they are doing all weapons from start. They add more weapons whenever they finish one

Edited by He29irn

If you're going to troll, don't post it in a thread made a year ago. Everyone is just going to think its a pointless comment, not a trolly thing.

There is another member of this forum that "Cap'n" reminds me of...

"Why arent the cars in the initial release", anyone?

Hint: Nick starts with "G"

Edited by Zeppa

My my reckoning it's 15 or less. If there are more than that, i've not been exposed to them at all

My my reckoning it's 15 or less. If there are more than that, i've not been exposed to them at all

False.

rocket has confirmed that the number is 25 and hoping to double in the next month.

• Like 1

Anything new on the SA? Haven't heard anything in a while...

Edited by Ironhuge
  • Like 1

Now they are at the last stage of Closed Alpha developing and they are VERY close to the Alpha launch so we won't have any news or devblogs according to the last reddit statement of Dean Hall, in witch he explains why he is careful with news spreading.<<Because, for whatever reason, when I give some news I end up getting my nose broken with it five minutes later Now is the time to stay the course and get into alpha.>>

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1ijj10/weekly_discussion_what_are_your_sa_release/cb55m9q

Edited by kanars

Rocket should start realizing that refusing to give at least some info because of fear of reactions from places such as reddit and twitter is probably not the smartest of ideas. Reddit and twitter should not be considered as a important feedback place. Too much retards that are too loud. He could get good feedback by simply allowing more people to play the closed alpha (or start ignoring the trolls, which he still doesn't do).

And his statement about focusing his time on game development and not writing a dev blog or some twitter comment.. wtf? So spending 15min writing a little text that would please a good chunk of the community is suddenly the end of time and will delay the game by weeks? No.. it will delay the game by 15 minutes. And as I stated above he could simply ignore the comments coming from trolls or ignorant people. A badly written statement from rocket might cause some people to lose interest but if the final product will be good that won't matter.

• Like 4

I disagree that Twitter and Reddit are not valuable places for feedback, they probably reach out to a much larger audience than we do here.

I do agree however that short text updates (maybe in the form of a locked update thread) would be well received and wouldn't take much time.  I think he feels there has to be a big debate about each update (with him involved).  There doesn't, he could just log in, post some snippets of info, log back out and get back to it.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 4

I disagree that Twitter and Reddit are not valuable places for feedback, they probably reach out to a much larger audience than we do here.

I do agree however that short text updates (maybe in the form of a locked update thread) would be well received and wouldn't take much time.  I think he feels there has to be a big debate about each update (with him involved).  There doesn't, he could just log in, post some snippets of info, log back out and get back to it.

now that i was forced to use reddit as my sole single source of information i can say. i don't like that place.

the lack of  "law and order" leads to funny yet useless videos and pics that flood the top pages whereas valuable infos and suggestions about the SA for example often go down the drain.

ppl downvoting confirmations from Rocket himself or summaries from confirmations?! i don't get it...

Edited by joe_mcentire

now that i was forced to use reddit as my sole single source of information i can say. i don't like that place.

It get's a lot of stick.  I enjoyed reading through some threads, if you sift through it they have some eccellent posters but I just really can't get on with the format, probably because I'm too used to here.  Following a thread on there that splinters off into several different conversations just does my head in.  Then there's the whole downvoting thing, that just smacks of a popularity contest.  It's fun when your post gets up-voted, not so much fun when you say something constructive and it gets buried with downvotes because it goes against the grain.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 2

Hello there

Also, one must remember R and the team are not a faceless megacorporation spitting out games at you, so it is easy for him to get involved and affected by forum/reddit discussions.

I Personally don't really "get" reddit but it has it's place and obviously works, its just not for me.

Rgds

LoK

It get's a lot of stick.  I enjoyed reading through some threads, if you sift through it they have some eccellent posters but I just really can't get on with the format, probably because I'm too used to here.  Following a thread on there that splinters off into several different conversations just does my head in.  Then there's the whole downvoting thing, that just smacks of a popularity contest.  It's fun when your post gets up-voted, not so much fun when you say something constructive and it gets buried with downvotes because it goes against the grain.

Atleast Reddit has no nazi mods (relevant avatar any1?) and everyone is allowed to speak whatever they want. (he probably get downvoted and burried but still)

Here such thread author would get instantly smashed/trolled by die-hard fanboys with full allowance of mods and then eventually closed/removed. (i have seen it too many times here already)

So it's "double edged sword".

Edited by Jebaka

Yes, we are famously strict.

On the Nazi mods theme, well that's a matter of perspective.  I know some of the Reddit mods well and they get accused of being Nazi's all the time, so in that regard I guess it just depends if you're on the wrong end of decision made by us.  We'll never get it 100% right (both here and on Reddit), all we can do is keep on trucking and try to use common sense.  The fact is some people think freedom of speech means freedom to abuse people and that's pretty much the only thing we are particularly strict on.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

Atleast Reddit has no nazi mods (relevant avatar any1?)...

Are you saying that UbiquitousBadGuy is nazi moderator because he has that avatar or he's just nazi in moderating?

Go with that attitude in Bohemia forums and you're banned in an hour. I think you don't have any idea what are nazi moderators.

Are you saying that UbiquitousBadGuy is nazi moderator because he has that avatar or he's just nazi in moderating?

Go with that attitude in Bohemia forums and you're banned in an hour. I think you don't have any idea what are nazi moderators.

They are the same probably.