mattlightfoot

DayZ at GamesCom

As long as Arma 2 is selling like that, BIS wont give a half fuck to Dayz Mod. You cant say u payed for dayz, u payed for arma 2, dayz is just a mod.

Rocket and his team focus are now the stand alone, also, the mod is almost dead, they are going to throw at us 2 new features each month, 50 bugs/glitches, 10 fixes, untill the stand alone comes out, then its over.

Rocket and his team focus are now the stand alone, also, the mod is almost dead, they are going to throw at us 2 new features each month, 50 bugs/glitches, 10 fixes, untill the stand alone comes out, then its over.

Nah, that's when it's beginning!

• Like 5

of course all the kids were raging and laughing about the graphic bugs, but wtf?

i guess bohemia interactive is like the only company in gaming business with the guts

to show an alpha release of their product on a trade fair.

They don't seam like other companies that try to fool you with cgi trailers and pretty pictures. Like... well War Z. It sounds great, but there are only pictures and you can't really make an opinion about the game with that. Everybody just waits for some gameplay material.

• Like 1

lol, the problem is that dayz isn't as much of a "mod" as people come to think. the only thing it added that wasn't present in the original game is beans, coke, and persistent stats tracking. saying that dayz is an alpha is like saying arma 2 is in alpha.

besides this isn't a free game, we all paid $20-$30 to play.

newsflash: the dayz dev. team are all BIS employees and not an independent 3rd party group. we ARE paying for dayz, but they're not delivering

So ACE is not a mod either?

We are playing a modificated version of arma 2, thus it is a mod.

and the modification is alpha. if it wasn't, we wouldn't see graphic bugs.

Arma2 OA is not a free game, DayZ is.

Up until now, DayZ is developed in rockets free time.

The standalone will be developed by behomia, with Rocket as project lead.

THEN you can come here and complain because you didn't get your weekly working bugfix.

They told me it was because of overheating but who knows...

the PC's didn't get much idle time, thats for sure.

in carrier command one of my units was spazzing out, floating up

in the sky and i couldn't get it back down.

one guy said its because the pc is overheating *shrug*

I have seen the "backstage", it was quite improvised,

they had a deskfan blowing air at the pc's, but the door is usually

closed so venting hot air is not doing that much.

they let the door open every now and then to get some fresh air in,

but it was 30+ C outside so...

what ya gonna do? you only have so much space on a small stand like they had,

and it actually worked well as far as i saw, with that one exception, which

was not gamebreaking at that point.

Edited by Azrail
  • Like 1

lol, the problem is that dayz isn't as much of a "mod" as people come to think. the only thing it added that wasn't present in the original game is beans, coke, and persistent stats tracking. saying that dayz is an alpha is like saying arma 2 is in alpha.

newsflash: the dayz dev. team are all BIS employees and not an independent 3rd party group. we ARE paying for dayz, but they're not delivering

Trolling? If not wow, and speak for yourself I paid for arma and I love that game.
  • Like 2

Yea sorry but your talking rubbish, of course its a mod I dont remember arma II having zombies let alone surviving a zombie apocalypse. Beans, coke and stat tracking? is that all you can think of really? What about Loot spawns, eating and drinking, zombies, health systems, hunting oh and melee weapons. All of which on a game that was not designed for these features at all. Sounds to me like its been modified or modded like some sort of mod?

And as Dubplate says alot of people like myself bought arma for arma not for a mod thats in alpha. How is it rockets fault that the mod became so popular that people started buying arma II just to play his mod. And 1,101,030 players on a mod, yea I see what you mean by them not delivering. The mod has cost me nothing and its the best gaming experience ive had in a long time and I look forward to the standalone with an open wallet.

Sorry to be off topic but had to get my opinion across, great news from gamescom btw cant wait.

Edited by Ricky Spanish
  • Like 2

In this day and age of smartphones how on earth do we not have more pictures and video? Beans to those who have shared! Staff I sure hope you took some official shots to share of the booth.. Maybe some gameplay videos.

• Like 2

... the modification is alpha. if it wasn't, we wouldn't see graphic bugs.

Most released retail games have at least some bugs, some are even game-breaking. I had a the same artifact problem in Battlefield 3 as people are having in DayZ, and that never got fixed.

now on topic: somebody back there said something about "thanks for the t-shirts." T-shirts?! Why aren't there any pics of these shirts? Please people, if you got to go to GamesCom and saw something interesting DayZ-wise, post pics for those of us who didn't get to go! :D

Most released retail games have at least some bugs, some are even game-breaking. I had a the same artifact problem in Battlefield 3 as people are having in DayZ, and that never got fixed.

now on topic: somebody back there said something about "thanks for the t-shirts." T-shirts?! Why aren't there any pics of these shirts? Please people, if you got to go to GamesCom and saw something interesting DayZ-wise, post pics for those of us who didn't get to go! :D

Gamescom just finished like ONE minute ago, give the people who traveled there a chance to get home to upload what they've got, sheesh.

thats because BF3 has been released in some kind of beta state and has been left there.

(i can't remember having graphic issues but then its even worse lol)

thats why i quit and now stick with developers who CARE about their game.

rocket does care. some people even think he cares too much. i think you can't care enough.

they told me i could get an Arma III shirt, but when that guy went to grab one for me,

none were left :( :(

i got a carrier command shirt instead.

Edited by Azrail
  • Like 1

Gamescom just finished like ONE minute ago, give the people who traveled there a chance to get home to upload what they've got, sheesh.

Not everybody who went stayed for the entire event. I'm betting that a lot of people only got one day. Many people also have laptops and smartphones. I'm speaking to those people. I don't expect all the news for everyone instantly. I just wanted to say that if you have it, put it on here if you can so the rest of us can see. Don't try to make me out to be impatient and stupid. Thank you. :)

PS:

I just wanted to say that if you have it, put it on here if you can so the rest of us can see.

yea and guess what we gonna do? like he said, give us some rest already. thank you.

edit:

ok here we go. uploaded pics on facebook. click on pictures for a short description.

Edited by Azrail
  • Like 2

Whee I just have been at Gamescom playing 1.7.3 at the Arma III stand.

It was kinda funny to realize that like 80% of the people who were standing in line wanted to play DayZ only and weren't really interested in Arma 3 and the other game (of which I forgot the name :D).

Also there are still artifacts in 1.7.3 (or whatever version we were able to play; I got a dog as follower!) and the playtime was kinda limited :/

However DayZ is great :]

tell me more about the dogs, are they usefull? Can they kill? Can they truly help you are they just for appearances?

well, can anyone, answer those questions?

tell me more about the dogs, are they usefull? Can they kill? Can they truly help you are they just for appearances?

well, can anyone, answer those questions?

watch the videos

and noone knows anything more yet, its still work in progress

Edited by Azrail

Aren't Arma/OFP "mods" really just a set of scripts?

does it matter? and best question whatsoever: is it relevant to this topic?

does it matter? and best question whatsoever: is it relevant to this topic?

Did I kick your dog? I just asked a question.

its any change that you guys come to this Tokyo Game Show?

it would be fantastic see you here

Edited by mr23x

Regarding the shirts, us guys with PlayWithSix/Six-networks/Tier1 got 'em, not sure about you other guys. Standard ARMA3-shirts :)

Regarding the shirts, us guys with PlayWithSix/Six-networks/Tier1 got 'em, not sure about you other guys. Standard ARMA3-shirts :)

:(

I just asked a question.

And i asked two questions.

Two > One. I win!

Back on topic:

Is there any estimate how many beans they collected?

Edited by Azrail

Hehe. I was there and played the new version. The dog was a very nice new feature! It's like the dog in fallout. ;)

If you don't have a weapon your dog will do the work for you. ;)

In my opinion the new playerspawn anywhere in the map is a good idea. No more spawnkilling.

THX to the DayZ - Team for the great work!! :thumbsup: ;)

Never tried DayZ? Try it at GamesCom 2012.

Gamescom 2012 is in Cologne, Germany during the 15th August 2012 through to the 19th August 2012. There will be an open stand in Hall 9 - A-22 – Public, where eager gamers can have the opportunity to play the latest build of DayZ. Entrance to our stand is open to everyone over the age of 16.

Arma 3 and Carrier Command: Gaea Mission will also be available to play at the stand.

For more information visit - http://www.bistudio....2012-in-cologne

luckily for you guys, anyone playing at gamescom won't be saving vehicles or tents and finding them empty or gone at next login. Because that? That would make you look like a great big joke. And not even a funny one.

watch the videos

and noone knows anything more yet, its still work in progress

Please Sir, kindly direct me to these videos of which you speak....

How about fixing tent and vehicle saving.. how about that?

How about you shut the fuck up and complain in the correct thread. This is about Gamescom you fucking nab.

Edited by Max Planck
No personal insults, please.