mattlightfoot

DayZ at GamesCom

I'm looking forward to meet you guys there. I didn't expect to see DayZ at GC, but now i'm even more happy to have a ticket. To me it looks like all people complaining about bugs and blah blah seem to never have been an alpha or beta tester in their life. Btw the fact that many people like to play DayZ and not any other games, beside the viewercount on social platforms like twitch.tv is proof enough that the DayZ team is doing a great job.

But that's just my opinion as beeing a developer myself.

mhh, i'm gonna look at the dayZ booth to give my children as a blood-sacrifice to rocket

seriously though, i'd love to see the standalone there, but if its not there, i will definitely check out the arma 3 booth

• Like 1

SWEET Just around the corner too

Good thing i already bought my ticket

This thread is about discussing DayZ's attendance to GamesCon.

NOT the place to discuss bugs/flame/or compare it to other games.

• Like 5

This thread is about discussing DayZ's attendance to GamesCon.

NOT the place to discuss bugs/flame/or compare it to other games.

you get my beans for that. Now go and delete the thousands offtopic flame wars and useless comments and lock old threads with hundreds of comments-"not on topic content". I'll come back when you have finshed, In 3 months maybe ;)

• Like 1

is this another thread I need to stomp on?

EDIT:

Cleaned out off-topic discussions. We have entire forums dedicated to talk about the issues with the current DayZ release. Keep this on GamesCon please.

• Like 1

How is gamecon exactly organized? are the games categorized in certain genres or are they sorted by the company name?

Oh ffs I just got back from cologne yesterday, check out the bridge which is filled with padlocks and break some off I did!

We have entire forums dedicated to talk about the issues with the current DayZ release. Keep this on GamesCon please.

wtf is gamescon, think he has tickets for the wrong event? anyway hope there is no barbed wire at gamescom ;p)

Edited by Gemtech

I'm still on the fence if I should buy Arma2, but DayZ sounds really interesting. I will be Friday at the GamesCom and will definitly try the Mod there if I get the chance.

@CoolCain10: Those locks at the bridge are placed there by couples and friends to symbolize their strong love for each other. It's very rude to break those.

If Gamescom is over and there is no news and info about 1.7.3 or the standalone, than I'm really dissapointed.

Gamescom goes on till Sunday

Rocket has said to expect 1.7.3 after Gamescom has finished

Rocket has said he hopes the Standalone to be available later this year

(I got all that from the AMA)

I live in cologne, u guys really should go eat at "Lommerzheim" Siegesstraße 18 (other side from the trainstation Köln Messe/Deutz.)

Perfect for you as tourists ^^

• Like 1

I guess this means no arma III engine :((

No worries, it is. He's already said as much.

• Like 1

If any of you guys going to Cologne have a change to ask Rocket a couple of questions infront of a camera, please ask him about hackers. Because we all love hearing Rocket saying heckers in his darling NZ accent.

• Like 2

wish I could be there. I gotta work work and work.. will be waiting for the news. good luck dayz crew

I can't imagine showcasing DayZ in its' latest state is going well.

"So as we head into this nearby town we have.....numerous shapes of varying color and size blocking the entire screen. We'll just head into the nearest building to get.....the loot that hasn't spawned yet. It appears as if we've aggro'd some zombies, let's see if we can move arou...this zombie has just broken both of my legs without touching me and I'm now bleeding out.... Okay so we've just seen the death system in DayZ, now let's see where we respawn....with a five minute knockout timer. We've now awoken and it appears as if we've been turned into a goat and killed....Alright everyone just fucking leave."

• Like 7

No worries, it is. He's already said as much.

He said the standalone will have it's own Virtual Reality Engine... so, neither Arma 2 nor Arma 3, but a mix of it. Whatever that means.

Rocket mentioned in his ama(I believe) that 1.7.3 will be playable at gamescom. Or at least with dogs. Also it will be running on the Virtual Reality engine which is the engine for Arma 2, Arma 3, Operation Flashpoint etc.

He said the standalone will have it's own Virtual Reality Engine... so, neither Arma 2 nor Arma 3, but a mix of it. Whatever that means.

Oh ok. When he referred to the features available in BIS's "flagship engine" I assumed that meant Real Virtuality 4.

Here's hoping for more details in the coming days!

He said the standalone will have it's own Virtual Reality Engine...

Means they will separating a branch of the main-branch build of the existing (or a pre-existing) virtual reality engine build to be worked on in parallel and separate from the one in Arma 3. Its the same engine, but any new changes or features added to either engine will be exclusive and would have to be integrated into both separately.

....so, neither Arma 2 nor Arma 3, but a mix of it. Whatever that means.

If I were to guess, it would be an earlier verified and working build of arma3...given the timeframe (and i'm just spit-balling here).....I'd guess it's a build from an earlier showcase demo that arma3 appeared in publically...or between that and arma2. Ideally, Rocket will be able to pick cool new features in arma 3 and have them added to the standalone without a "from-scratch" effort.

The real question is, at what stage have they chosen to branch from?

• Like 2

Rocket mentioned in his ama(I believe) that 1.7.3 will be playable at gamescom. Or at least with dogs.

Yep it is 1.7.3 and I didn't play it personally but I definively saw a German shepherd along with one player. According to the information guy from Bohemia / DayZ these dogs can among others track other animals and bark if other players are around.

That is right, it will be the graphics from Arma III but the network code from Arma II which is "incredibly stable" (booth staff).

I really recommend you to pay a visit there if you are at Gamescom, there are only 4 machines running DayZ and 8 running Arma III but at least today it wasn't really crowded and both DayZ (on maxed out graphics settings B)) and Arma III are worth a look. On Arma III you can play the entire Camp Maxwell showcase with firing and driving range, night, scuba, helicopter and infantry fight showcase.

Question to insiders: Is there anything special at the Bohemia booth in the business area?

And I need to get some Mountain Dew till tomorrow :)

Edited by rndmplyr
  • Like 2