mattlightfoot

DayZ at GamesCom

Never tried DayZ? Try it at GamesCom 2012.

Gamescom 2012 is in Cologne, Germany during the 15th August 2012 through to the 19th August 2012. There will be an open stand in Hall 9 - A-22 – Public, where eager gamers can have the opportunity to play the latest build of DayZ. Entrance to our stand is open to everyone over the age of 16.

Arma 3 and Carrier Command: Gaea Mission will also be available to play at the stand.

For more information visit - http://www.bistudio.com/english/home/news/company/316-visit-gamescom-2012-in-cologne

• Like 14

I hope i can made my Way through the Masses of People there :D and when i got through them i will give you a Can of German :beans:

• Like 5

Already have a ticket :)

Question: Will there be anything about the standalone?

Edited by (NGG) Toby

I you guys aren't selling "Freindly in Cherno?" shirts, imma be pissed.

• Like 8

Maybe we'll see the first build on the new engine? :o

You wouldn't see the DayZ "standalone".. you'll see DayZ mod (this) running on a private server.. and that's all (that's what happened in any other previous conf).

DayZ (the game) has been announced only because of the pressure the devs (but mostly BIS) had recently because of the competitors.. they had no other chances than announce it "asap" to not loose the possible interest (ppl starting give money to other projects...), that's the reason of having a payed alpha (minecraft model) that wasn't planned at the start.

This is a way to maximize the profit... unfortunately it isn't that good for us.. but hey, you can't blame them, they are a software company, they are interested to make a profit not to please us all "for free".

• Like 5

if there is no standalone info at Gamescom that would be a huge disappointment. Also announcing that day z will use the minecraft model and have dogs for the 30 billionth time is tiring. We need some meat and potatoes kind of info at gamescom pls.

Edited by A Bush killed me
  • Like 3

Congrats on the convention slot. Hope to see some nice youtube vids of interviews with Dean. I always love to hear his thoughts.

• Like 9

Maybe we will have engine confirmation =D,same of arma 3 maybe?

Congrats on the convention slot. Hope to see some nice youtube vids of interviews with Dean. I always love to hear his thoughts.

Ditto....

Good luck to the presenters, have fun, and look forward to seeing some vids from Gamescom.

Being killed instant by hackers at gamescon lol.

I wish themwell with DayZ was great idea but unfortunately the hackers took over and for now i realy don't see any future in DyaZ:(

Ive try many servers last sunday 12th but on all at somepoint hackers took over ive try UK-LU-NL-DE all servers had hackers low or high pop its realy sad with DayZ now:(

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?138687-GamesCom-meet-amp-greet&p=2206410#post2206410

Tier1 will visit the Gamescom with around 20 people from all over europe, joining forces with the SIX staff (SIX Updater, SIX Launcher, Play with SIX).

Because we're all together there, we are going to have a nice beer in cologne on friday evening. If you are intrested in joining up, please send me a PM or sign up in the linked thread.

We'll then organize a location big enough to accomodate everyone. Further information will be passed on thursday, including a cellphone number to contact us.

• Like 1

Why do all the good events happen in Europe?

we are srz bznz!

also, i dig your avatar. have beans.

i got my ticket \o/

just sad i don't have a dayz tee yet to show off :(

maybe we get to loot some there D:

i bring my MK48 so better give me the good stuff right away O,,,o

Edited by Azrail

Will i be able to get some sort of Gimmick when i wait in line to play DayZ at the gamescom? Cause if so i would do it, if not i wont because i already have DayZ.

I certainly will visit your stand. Are you there at the Media day on Wednesday? Cuz I got a media ticket B)

Does anyone know hich band i will Need? Green, Blue, red?

Lesen, Mensch!

Entrance to our stand is open to everyone over the age of 16.

Last year over 16 was the blue band.

Edited by rndmplyr
  • Like 1

Again, as with many alphas/betas people start to consider it a pre-requisite to be involved, it is in fact a privilege. People had similar complaints and grumbles with Minecraft, failing to consider that the WHOLE POINT of letting people play throughout the development cycle, though all the bugs, exploits and hacks is to allow the community to have some input and feel more involved in the process, it helps too that the game will be better for this.

For this "Mod" to secure a booth at a games expo at such an early stage mechanically is very impressive, it's a mod for crying out loud, this is big news in an industry that has suffered on some fronts recently. What Rocket has pioneered here, that which we have already helped to mold, that which will continue to grow is a resounding success.

I for one am proud to be part of it so early in the story.

And on behalf of everyone who has played DayZ (even those who do nothing but compain) THANK YOU.

• Like 25