rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update

Yep! Rocket i am actually getting graphical errors still....

Im in Stary...the military tents and the big building next to the tents are giving me graphical artifacts.

I actually havent experienced a problem until the patch so i dont know what the issue could be.

Ill upload an image and post an edit here of where i was....

Realistically, it is those individuals who forgive practically everything that are stunting the development of this mod.

"ITS AN ALPHA YOU'RE A TESTER OMG OMG" - this is the kind of mindset that allows the development team to become complacent with what they have.

If DayZ is to succeed as a retail game, forgiving game-destroying bugs is ridiculous. Are you people sheep?

The development team is more focused on putting in dogs than fixing these bugs that make the game unplayable.

I don't think you, or anyone else needs to worry about the DayZ devs getting complacent. Actually, I suspect right now they're in overdrive mode, scrambling to fix the major bugs and expand content as quickly as possible.

Why?

The War Z is claiming a fall release, and just looking at the claimed features at this point, it's a superior experience to DayZ (whether or not it's ripping it off)... even putting aside the game-breaking bugs DayZ has, like this artifacting fiasco.

I doubt it's a coincidence BIS finally committed to DayZ shortly after The War Z's detailed public reveal. We are seeing the advent of a new genre, and it's about to become competitive.

Edited by cogwheel
  • Like 2

I don't think you, or anyone else needs to worry about the DayZ devs getting complacent. Actually, I suspect right now they're in overdrive mode.

Why?

The War Z is claiming a fall release, and just looking at the claimed features at this point, it's a superior experience to DayZ (whether or not it's ripping it off)... even putting aside the game-breaking bugs DayZ has, like this artifacting fiasco.

I doubt it's a coincidence BIS finally committed to DayZ shortly after The War Z's detailed public reveal. We are seeing the advent of a new genre, and it's about to become competitive.

Yep, time to get their A into G.

Don't let rip off steal your fans.

Edited by Mr Zee
  • Like 1

Please roll out the update on SU. I tried doing it the way people say (deleting the folders and replacing them with the download file) but it just won't work for me. It keeps saying version 1.7.2.4. Very frustrating! I want to play on my regular server.

Realistically, it is those individuals who forgive practically everything that are stunting the development of this mod.

"ITS AN ALPHA YOU'RE A TESTER OMG OMG" - this is the kind of mindset that allows the development team to become complacent with what they have.

If DayZ is to succeed as a retail game, forgiving game-destroying bugs is ridiculous. Are you people sheep?

The development team is more focused on putting in dogs than fixing these bugs that make the game unplayable.

yeah.. whining, bitching and raging like a retard makes a game better and motivates the developers..

sorry, but you don't know what you're talking about..

Edited by debiru

Yea these updates still lack in structure and continuous attention/communication towards community.

I thought Rocket had improved this when other devs got active here, but not long after this patch got rolling its obviously went back to the 'media blackout'. ^_^

I have no doubt they are working on it. As long as there wont be hour long interviews with Rocket popping up I just assume they are.

There has to be some place where communication is going down, besides the closed testers. You cant claim all this cooperation without actually doing it.

hey not really good with computers. :( can someone walk me though where this update is and where it goes? lol sorry people! its the v1.7.2.5

Edited by cameron00

After updating joined a beta 95883 server spawned in between cherno and elektro with a bandit skin when i logged off in cherno?

had one murder... and -3000 humanity?

I`m running newest patch and trying to connect to serwers DE 1460-1499 and PL 1 - 7... Somthing like 90% of the game connection stuck on Loading... after getting on the serwer... And when i`m able to connect to the game i allways respown near the sea... i`m playing my charackter like few days without dieing and still everytime i`m able to connect i`m starting near sea...

Main problem is stucking in loading screan and respowning near sea... And moustly when i`m stuck on loading i hear the sea...

I tried deleting and copying new files but i dost work... i have rly big problems to play the game (30 minuts trying to connect on random serwers especially those above)

If sombody knows what to do pls help.

One thing more, on last patch i didnt had such problems... everything was working correctly.

Edited by ButomGD

Glitches has gotten worse for most of ppl i have talked to :/ At first i thought its working! Because glitches like disappeared quickly after they had appeared, but then some of them were coming from places where it was totally okay before, like tents. Guess will have to keep waiting or move to live in woods :(

Oh god why does it have to be a single large download, my computer fucks up everything when it has to download large files always saying everything's corrupted. Is it possible to separate them into what they used to be like? It would be very much appreciated. :]

* dayz_code 1.7.2.5

* dayz

* dayz_weapons

* dayz_equip

* dayz_anim

* dayz_sfx

Large Download? Ermmm 139mb is hardly a large download? by any means. Also if you're getting corrupted files, you need to learn how to use your computer better - ever heard of torrents? Download 20-30, hell 90gb and never a corrupt file...... Sounds like you don't know PCs very well? Read up!

Edited by Irenicus

Will there be an option to manually put a flipped atv on its wheels? I posted it in pending update, people supported this.

P.S. I know that's no priority now, but I want to hear something about it. Sorry for my English.

Guys - ANYONE having the Graphical glitches, I've been playing for a week now with no graphical glitches, not one. You might not like jaggies, but disabling FSAA and setting Video memory to default works! not just fort me but several people I know. Not one glitch, jaggies I can handle.

So try it! What do you have to lose? Nothing but smooth edges which Isnt a game killer.

I love how everyone busts out the "Lol Alpha Bro" every time someone calls this mod out on it playing and running like shit, and If I wanted to join the Rocket Development team I wouldn't need a resume or any technical background at all, since they obviously don't have any to speak of themselves.

And you see - this is why people like you do not help the community. You resolve to name calling immediately when the hard facts are presented.

You are 'testing the game with many different variables'? What - how many artifacts you get on the screen at once?

Tell me - how are you trying to resolve the issues in this alpha test?

Its simple, just undo what they did before these graphical bugs happened; Or remove the models completely untill the are working correctly. I can't help but get the feeling the devs are sitting around jackin' off. At least damned battle eye gives us updates on hackers. Battle eye may be crap but at least they are informing us.

survivors around the world rejoice rare guns may be rare once again

please rocket get rid of the artifacting , i can now loot the NW airfield blind, no joke both bunkers and the firehouse \ control tower with basically no visibility just using markers for navigation, please not another week like this people cant play the game

Yea these updates still lack in structure and continuous attention/communication towards community.

I thought Rocket had improved this when other devs got active here, but not long after this patch got rolling its obviously went back to the 'media blackout'. ^_^

I have no doubt they are working on it. As long as there wont be hour long interviews with Rocket popping up I just assume they are.

There has to be some place where communication is going down, besides the closed testers. You cant claim all this cooperation without actually doing it.

What the actual eff, people? Get over yourselves. Rocket is working extremely hard to publicize, develop and push this game, all at once, with a very small team. It's a free mod, in alpha, that is only given to us so we can help him develop a better final product.

Get it?

This is NOT a final product.

It's an alpha of a game that doesn't even have a release date yet. We get to enjoy what little he's created (which is, in reality, a great deal of time and work), and he gets our feedback in response. Stop whining, bitching, moaning, groaning, crying, and grumbling.

If you think you could do better, GO AND DO IT. Go make millions with your mad 'puter skrillz.

In the meantime, the rest of us will sit here, enjoy the privilege of playing a game that is so early in its development phase, and help Rocket continue to make it better and better. We'll play the game and tell the development team if we encounter a problem. Some folks even go the million extra miles and try the game every way currently, humanly possible to see if anyone else might be experiencing issues and not reporting them. If you're going to cry about the game's issues, then don't play. Or play, and cry to each other, but NOT HERE, and not to us. This is a thread, and a forum, for serious people willing to roll up their sleeves and dig in when the game proves to be in a mood to fight back.

I don't really post here, and you know why?

I DON'T TYPICALLY HAVE ANYTHING USEFUL TO CONTRIBUTE.

And clearly, most of you don't either. I don't understand how Rocket and his team put up with such ungrateful players on this site. If I was in charge, the lot of you whiners would be banned and barred from the game. They must have the patience of saints, to sift through ten pages of complaints and find only one or two valuable insights into why and how bugs are occurring.

Stop playing, or keep your complaints to yourself. It's free, and it's unique, and it's the best we can have, right now. If you think there's something better, go play that, instead. We certainly won't miss you miserable little bastards.

TL;DR

Go bitch to your mother, not to us.

Relevant to new patch:

*Client Beta: 95883

*Server Beta: 95819

*DayZ updated to 1.7.2.5 via DayZ Commander.

*Server: US 454

**IP: 199.116.118.52:2332

*Played for about three hours and ran from Kamenka all the way through Balota, Balota Airfield, Cherno, and Elektro. No artifacting occurred, bandit skins/Humanity monitor worked fine. Have not re-logged (bedtime for me) to check on ammo counter and will check out NW Airfield and Stary Sobor tomorrow for artifacting, as that's where it typically happened to me.

*Video memory is set to default.

*Graphics card is an nVidia 560M w/ 2GB of video memory available.

*Running an i7 2670 QM @ 2.20 GHz

*Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

*Video settings set to High/Very High

*I do have a 2 GB video card, which I know has been mentioned as a possible reason I can avoid artifacting (I was typically able to stop it from happening prior to the new patch simply by rebooting my system, sometimes even by rebooting the game itself.)

Anyone/everyone can request further information about my system, etc. I'll do my best to provide it, though this is not my area of expertise, not even a little bit.

Thank you, Rocket, for making such an awesome mod and working so hard to keep it going and keep improving it. No matter the glitches or bugs, I love it way too much to ever stop playing!

• Like 1

Want to hear some news about ATVs. Will the "Flip ATV" feature be added? I mean putting them on wheels manually. I know its no priority now but I dont like the silence.

P.S. Sorry for my English.

Still no graphics glitches, but... I spawned down south again lol, This is the 2nd time since the latest update.

Latest update stopped the artifacts for me and made loading server faster, but ive now moved twice from NW Airfield and Stary down to Dakan.

Not a hue deal as i have all my stuff atleast lol.

Hi,

I update DayZ usually by using this website: http://se1.dayz.nu/l.....<br /><br />Usually there is a list of 7 rar files

But with this update there is only this DayZ-1.7.2.5.rar file. That is apparantly is going to take 3 hours?

Surely that can't be right for some fixes?

EDIT

In DayZ commander if I detect versions it says:

Filenames dont match expected.

Your version: 1.7.2.4

Slightly confused :P

Yeah me too, unless you have Dial-Up, 1725 is only 139Mb and should take minutes not hours on a decent connection?

Still having artifacts in cherno if I have video memory on Very High, dissapears after I put it on Default.

As I have been trying to tell people but they dont listen or read and continue to whinge. SETTING VID MEM TO DEFAULT AND FSAA OFF =NO GLITCHES tried and tested over a week now. Not one single glitch. Will now have to test with AA on to see if artifacting is back. but whatever happens, there is no reason NO REASON AT ALL to set your vid memory to anything but DEFAULT. Don't listen? Don't want to try this fix? Don't whinge. It works.

Can people please confirm if this is the case for them?

Be SURE you updated ALL YOUR FILES.

This is very important. The closed test indicated that nobody who was experiencing graphical glitches before was with this update, so if that is not the case I need to know ASAP.

I've experienced only a few glitches (NW Airfield, Berezino and Balota only) with previous version (1.7.2.4). Now everything changed, I've been forced to disconnect in the middle of Chernogorsk surrounded by zombies, crawling and seeing nothing (oh, maybe you added acid experience). See attachement.

Any feedback on graphical glitches being gone or not would be very greatly appreciated. If we can confirm they are gone I will announce the update on twitter and we will release on SU.

Nope, they still are and more.

As it was inside the barn, I am guessing it sounds like an equipment item (loot) rather than an object or dead body?

Not experienced glitches in barns.

Glitch, be more specific? Screenshot also most welcome.

Here you are!

post-41601-0-23077000-1344762343_thumb.p

If anyone still has glitches, please update ALL THE MOD FILES. Use the torrent of the single download RAR to update.

Updated. Reinstalled the game. Applied correct Beta patch. Didn't help.

The problem is, I have 1000% more glitches than before. Today (only been able to play cca 30 mins):

• northerly of Balota airport (from 800 meters) - glitches everytime I used zoom
  • Chernogorsk (from 1500 meters) - the horizont and sky glitches - playable, you can see the ground plus objects, units and vehicles as well.
  • middle of Chernogorsk (square southerly of Town Hall) - unplayable in perimeter of cca 100 m, I have not managed how to get rid of it and disconnected, see attachement.

Graphical settings:

post-41601-0-71485900-1344763214_thumb.p

Config:

ArmA X retail

DualCore E5200 3.0 GHz

3 GB RAM

Radeon HD 4770

Win 7 Ultimate, 32bit

Edited by burkhar

As I have been trying to tell people but they dont listen or read and continue to whinge. SETTING VID MEM TO DEFAULT AND FSAA OFF =NO GLITCHES tried and tested over a week now. Not one single glitch. Will now have to test with AA on to see if artifacting is back. but whatever happens, there is no reason NO REASON AT ALL to set your vid memory to anything but DEFAULT. Don't listen? Don't want to try this fix? Don't whinge. It works.

Wow it works for you and a couple of people you know, well that´s representing 1 million players, good god.

It probably has alot to do with which graphics card you are using or your memory available. Or something completely different. I still got the glitches, even with your "fix" but as it is alpha and as a fellow developer myself, I´m not gonna bitch, or even worse, believe myself to have the anwser.

Edited by Misho
  • Like 2

Okay, so I had one major problem with this patch as of now. I killed some crazy axe murderer who tried to kill me in elektro, and after a while I was suddenly teleported into the sea where some dude with bandit skin was swimming right in front of me, a second later I was in elektro again, now with my bandit skin, and I was swimming on the ground until I could walk again a few seconds later. So far so good, now the game got very laggy, even though my ping was excellent, players jumped around, zombies didn't move, I couldn't bandage myself. I managed to kill some other axe murderer before he could kill my friend who was playing with me. Then some random guy with an AK shot me from behind, and I was hit several times. My vision was blurry and I was supposed to have a broken bone (the symbol was showing) but I could still move. The guy backed away and I ran after him until I finally fell down because of the broken bone. He came back and pumped another magazine into my body, my blood was at -39000 (minus!) but I didn't die, I shot him with my lee enfield and he died. I walked around for another 10 seconds until I finally fell down, where I could still move my head for 5 seconds, then I was dead. The other guy probably thought I was a cheater^^

Status report 12-08-2012

First of all: I have no idea whether the things I post here have been acknowledged by the devs since my last post. But there is no way I am going to read 50 pages with people whining about the artefacts still being there, rocket being a dick for fixing nothing or tips how to prevent artefacts that I read like the 1,000th time already. Okay, so then let's go.

After testing out 1.7.2.5/95417 I upgraded to 95819 again and tested some things. The artefacts still occur no matter the graphic settings. Flushing a couple of times may get rid of them or make them even worse. There seems to be a new artefact source coming from Berezino hospital that does not seem to be related to the corpses. Instead of the white-black-beige artefacts it looks like a bright light as if the sun has spawned there. Exact location has not been confirmed yet as my screen turns white as soon as I get in the vincinity of the hospital but I will continue trying. I still have no idea whether the issue with scoping near artefact sources causing them to activate was a once-in-a-blue-moon thing or if people were able to recreate aforementioned situation. Sometimes it seems as if players will relog to the southern coast but at least they have their gear with them. The ammo bug seems to be cleared but why do I still get only two rounds when I'm reloading my revolver? Converting the ammo, however, gives you a full magazine again. Especially annoying if you fight someone with a M1911/revolver. The survivor/hero skin (the one with the scarf) looks awesome but it makes it impossible to change into camo/ghillie suits. I also happen to have the problem that after every relog (does not matter which server) my stats are gone. That means all my zombie kills, headshots and humanity will be reset to zero. As a friend of mine does not have this problem, I am curious as to why it does apply to me. The zombie pathfinding seems a bit smarter but due to them being "broken on purpose" it is now even easier to get rid of them. Sometimes all you need to do is running as they don't keep up with you. On a sidenote: Heli crash site creation may be a server-side calculation (no idea if that is even right) but maybe the formula is a bit too random. Just yesterday I stumbled upon four heli crash sites around Polana - with two being only on the other side of a hill, just 50m away from each other. Although it did amuse me to find a heli crash site near the Berezino NW deer stand and one in the middle of NWAF I think there should be a bit more consistency in their spawn pattern. Well, I will keep on testing with newer beta versions and keep you updated on my experiences.

Post scriptum:

People, please, stop giving us the "Set the video memory to default" = salvation tip! If that works for you, fine, but neither is that an absolute fix - sometimes it works, sometimes it makes things worse - nor is it the solution for a problem that should not have people to screw with their settings. That is the main reason for this hotfix. rocket could as well just tell us to buy better graphic cards or keep screwing the settings. And there should be a reason behind the option to choose your video memory setting. If setting it to default is the workaround for all graphic related problems in the game, why having a drop-down option there to begin with?

Edit:

As of my settings ...

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.4GHz

GPU: AMD Radeon 6870

RAM: 8 Gigabyte

Game: Arma X Standalone

Kind regards,

MikaelM

Edited by MikaelM
  • Like 2

So any explanation why people are always spawning on the COAST !?!(in addition to artifacts not being fixed and load times being even longer)

Edited by Vipala

What the actual eff, people? Get over yourselves. Rocket is working extremely hard to publicize, develop and push this game, all at once, with a very small team. It's a free mod, in alpha, that is only given to us so we can help him develop a better final product.

Get it?

This is NOT a final product.

It's an alpha of a game that doesn't even have a release date yet. We get to enjoy what little he's created (which is, in reality, a great deal of time and work), and he gets our feedback in response. Stop whining, bitching, moaning, groaning, crying, and grumbling.

If you think you could do better, GO AND DO IT. Go make millions with your mad 'puter skrillz.

In the meantime, the rest of us will sit here, enjoy the privilege of playing a game that is so early in its development phase, and help Rocket continue to make it better and better. We'll play the game and tell the development team if we encounter a problem. Some folks even go the million extra miles and try the game every way currently, humanly possible to see if anyone else might be experiencing issues and not reporting them. If you're going to cry about the game's issues, then don't play. Or play, and cry to each other, but NOT HERE, and not to us. This is a thread, and a forum, for serious people willing to roll up their sleeves and dig in when the game proves to be in a mood to fight back.

I don't really post here, and you know why?

I DON'T TYPICALLY HAVE ANYTHING USEFUL TO CONTRIBUTE.

And clearly, most of you don't either. I don't understand how Rocket and his team put up with such ungrateful players on this site. If I was in charge, the lot of you whiners would be banned and barred from the game. They must have the patience of saints, to sift through ten pages of complaints and find only one or two valuable insights into why and how bugs are occurring.

Stop playing, or keep your complaints to yourself. It's free, and it's unique, and it's the best we can have, right now. If you think there's something better, go play that, instead. We certainly won't miss you miserable little bastards.

TL;DR

Go bitch to your mother, not to us.

Relevant to new patch:

*Client Beta: 95883

*Server Beta: 95819

*DayZ updated to 1.7.2.5 via DayZ Commander.

*Server: US 454

**IP: 199.116.118.52:2332

*Played for about three hours and ran from Kamenka all the way through Balota, Balota Airfield, Cherno, and Elektro. No artifacting occurred, bandit skins/Humanity monitor worked fine. Have not re-logged (bedtime for me) to check on ammo counter and will check out NW Airfield and Stary Sobor tomorrow for artifacting, as that's where it typically happened to me.

*Video memory is set to default.

*Graphics card is an nVidia 560M w/ 2GB of video memory available.

*Running an i7 2670 QM @ 2.20 GHz

*Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

*Video settings set to High/Very High

*I do have a 2 GB video card, which I know has been mentioned as a possible reason I can avoid artifacting (I was typically able to stop it from happening prior to the new patch simply by rebooting my system, sometimes even by rebooting the game itself.)

Anyone/everyone can request further information about my system, etc. I'll do my best to provide it, though this is not my area of expertise, not even a little bit.

Thank you, Rocket, for making such an awesome mod and working so hard to keep it going and keep improving it. No matter the glitches or bugs, I love it way too much to ever stop playing!

just because it works for you, doesnt mean that it does for everyone. you should be glad that its working, and not bitch around of feedback. i think rocket is underestimating the graphical glitches-.-

so, everyone, who has those glitches better write in here, so rocket can forget his stupid retarded dogs, and better work on fixing the glitches(which are by the way killing the game). i think that at least 20% of the players quit playing right now due to the glitches..