rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update

I was wrong to say that reseting video memory to default solves the problem of gfx glitches. It doesn't. I still get mayor artefacts around Berezino.

http://www.six-updat...prerelease.html

Play withSIX DayZ 1.7.2.5 (PreRelease) support!

We're currently still not authorized by DayZ team to push 1.7.2.5 en-mass, as such we've added multi-version support to Play withSIX.

A new update for Play withSIX has been released that supports the DayZ v1.7.2.5 pre-release mod version!

You can control which mod version to use in the Game section option "Update to PreRelease versions" (for now restart after changing).

Currently there are no plans to add this support to SIX Launcher and Updater, as full focus is on Play withSIX which replaces SIX Launcher already, and will soon replace SIX updater also.

Enjoy!

Wait this comment I am a little confused.

Should I uninstalled the Six Launcher and updater, and install the new PlaySix thing?

Edited by kyle939

Tested 1.7.2.5 today.

I did noticed one issue; wildlife despawning right next to me. It happened twice today; once with a pig and once with a cow.

I was right next to them (> 1 meter), but before I could kill them they disappeared in thin air.

Nothing new there, that's been happening since 1.7.2.3 or perhaps 1.7.2.4, certainly been happening since at least 24.

I was wrong to say that reseting video memory to default solves the problem of gfx glitches. It doesn't. I still get mayor artefacts around Berezino.

Not completely wrong. You also need to disable AA both in Game and (just in case ) in NV control panel. Not sure about ATI users.

Should I uninstalled the Six Launcher and updater, and install the new PlaySix thing?

Avoid auto updaters like the plague. Unless it's too hard for you to do, always, ALWAYS install manually.

Edited by Irenicus

I'm guessing 1.7.2.5 hasn't been released on SU yet as my Six Launcher is not giving me the option to update.

If it has been released on SU do I have to run Six Updater or do I have to re-download it?

Still getting Artifacting problems at key locations. NWAF is totally unplayable, Cherno and Stary can be flushed but are still pretty bad.

Well this has been a great weekend of NO Dayz.

1) Graphics glitches still there

2) I keep spawning on the beach with my gear every time I log in.

3) Load times have massively increased.

No point in playing Dayz at the moment which is a real shame.

*Just for everyone that can't get on Airfields etc... I started playing Dayz the day .4 was patched and I have never ever seen what an Airfield looks like due to the graphics glitches! Never!*

Still getting Artifacting problems at key locations. NWAF is totally unplayable, Cherno and Stary can be flushed but are still pretty bad.

Sounds like the perfect time for me to go there then since no one listens to my tips on fixing it. I shall enjoy yet another week of NO glitching anywhere on the map since I found the fix for Nvidia users. Happy looting

Well this has been a great weekend of NO Dayz.

1) Graphics glitches still there

2) I keep spawning on the beach with my gear every time I log in.

3) Load times have massively increased.

No point in playing Dayz at the moment which is a real shame.

*Just for everyone that can't get on Airfields etc... I started playing Dayz the day .4 was patched and I have never ever seen what an Airfield looks like due to the graphics glitches! Never!*

It looks good and very quiet now lots of people cant play. Of course they would be able to if they just disabled AA and set vid memory to default. But of course most wont read or even bother to try this. Those I know with NVidia cards ALL found this fix to work.

Edited by Irenicus
  • Like 1

Yeah keep repeating the same thing all over again. It does NOT work for everyone so it has nothing to do with not reading.

• Like 1

Sounds like the perfect time for me to go there then since no one listens to my tips on fixing it. I shall enjoy yet another week of NO glitching anywhere on the map since I found the fix for Nvidia users. Happy looting

It looks good and very quiet now lots of people cant play. Of course they would be able to if they just disabled AA and set vid memory to default. But of course most wont read or even bother to try this. Those I know with NVidia cards ALL found this fix to work.

I have an Ati card,

AA is always disabled as the Arma OA Grass and Trees don't work with it enabled,

I have tried video memory on everything.

Also if you have been following this thread and others on the forums you'll see I've been involved since the start.. so I have tried everything/

Avoid auto updaters like the plague. Unless it's too hard for you to do' date=' always, ALWAYS install manually. [/quote']Avoid listening to baseless opinions :P Instead, help improve them by reporting bugs and providing feedback at the requested places.
Edited by Sickboy
  • Like 2

So, what is the estimated time for the Six Launcher to get the update? 1.7.2.5 or 1.7.2.6 or whatever it will be :)

You can grab it already if you grab Play withSIX, the evolution of SIX Launcher and Updater :) Edited by Sickboy
  • Like 1

Play withSIX and the older tools can work side by side. To use Play withSIX, download and install from; http://play.withsix.com/ Edited by Sickboy
  • Like 1

I never had any glitches before 1.7.2.4, no matter what my settings were, nvidia or ATI. It's introduced in that patch and now rocket can't fix it anymore, like with many things.

And the graphics is not even the worst thing, it's the amount of cheaters that makes the game really unplayable. If you join a 40 player server 30 of them have an AS-50 and full gear. This game has now become death match, not a survival anymore.

• Like 1

I'm guessing 1.7.2.5 hasn't been released on SU yet as my Six Launcher is not giving me the option to update.

If it has been released on SU do I have to run Six Updater or do I have to re-download it?

Don't use Six, it sucks. Just do a manual update, use the torrent file.

• Like 1

I can confirm that graphic glitches/artifacts still remain. Last night I spent a couple of hours in DayZ and me and my group decided to raid NW airfield. Once there, the artifacts started appearing as they did in earlier version. We are three guys in the group, one of them did not experience any glitches what so ever. Just me and the third guy who encountered problems.

The glitches seem to originate from firestation and the ATC. I tried to get a screenshot of it but all I get on the screenshot is my desktop, it doesn't pick up ArmA2/DayZ so unfortunately I can not provide a screenshot for you.

However, what I can tell you is that once I saw the artifacts appear again I decided to fiddle with my graphics settings, and lowering my HDR from the highest to "Normal" seems to have a positive affect on these artifacts. While it doesn't remove them completely, it minimizes them and makes it more playable. Whether this was a coincidence or not, I don't know.

Why are people so keen to grab this update when it apparently breaks more things than it fixes?

Avoid listening to baseless opinions :P Instead, help improve them by reporting bugs and providing feedback at the requested places.

Just one thing, why does the login system run on an IE base?

So if I understand correctly Play with Six does have the update and Six Launcher only gets it when Rocket approves update? Rocket hasn't surfaced in two days so Six Launcher obviously doesn't have it, but how can their new software have it? (on their site it claims to have 1.7.3 ) .. :facepalm:

Can't see what people are complaining about. This patch gave lots of good fixes to the game, and less artifacting. (perhaps in 1/10 games I play, but a restart fixes it).

Thanks Rocket and staff :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Still artifacting here, same as it was... no more infinite bullets, thats good.

Is it just me but the zombie movement seems better at when agroed..?

Just one thing, why does the login system run on an IE base?
It's .NET WPF's web-browser component. We're experimenting with a WebKit (Safari/Chrome) based engine, hopefully available in the near future :)

So if I understand correctly Play with Six does have the update and Six Launcher only gets it when Rocket approves update? Rocket hasn't surfaced in two days so Six Launcher obviously doesn't have it, but how can their new software have it? (on their site it claims to have 1.7.3 ) .. :facepalm:

PwS offers it if you have "Update to PreRelease versions" enabled in the Game section options.

Not sure where on our site it supposedly claims we have 1.7.3?

I get no more artifacts, but i never had a big issue with them in the first place. Most annoying thing so far is the constant skin flipping. I have humanity of -20k. I spawn as a towel-head. 5-10 minutes in the server my char flips to regular survior, all stats reset to 0, humanity included. This stays that way until i log off. Next time i log in, towel again for 10 min, then regular again. Im worried im gona lose my gear like this one day.

I can say that, the graphical bugs are not fixed. Might be even worse but, changing V Sync to on and off fixes it. Which was never the case for me in .4. I would suggest removing the bodies all together after a real fix has been discovered. I'm liking everything else though, the subtle zed changes especially. Also the humanity thingy, well done. Keep up the good work Rocket and DayZ Team.

• Like 1