rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update

So where do I put what I downloaded? what folder should I drag it to? or is enough to just have it on my computer?

Artifacting on video.

http://youtu.be/rqyRd8DW_XI

First clip takes place in Stary Sobor looking at tents. Second clip takes place in Cherno where there was dead bodies near black body bags.. Both recorded in version 1.7.2.5.

It works for me a dozens of people I've heard from, so chances it will work for a multitude is not out of the realm of possibility. Of course that would require people to actually read and apply this fix. Most won't try or believe it's a load of bull. I can say for certain that the glitches are definitely related to AA, and with it off there is NO glitching. Coming back with some sarcy comment isn't going to change the fact that it's true and works. Bet you didn't even try it

There's no need to be quite so abrasive. If you had been paying attention to the thousands of posts out there about the artefact issues, you would have noticed that not every case is exactly the same. What works for one, doesn't necessarily work for another. I don't use AA and I get the glitching quite badly. None of the "fixes" work for me, the only workaround is to restart the game in my case.

• Like 1

http://www.six-updat...prerelease.html

Play withSIX DayZ 1.7.2.5 (PreRelease) support!

We're currently still not authorized by DayZ team to push 1.7.2.5 en-mass, as such we've added multi-version support to Play withSIX.

A new update for Play withSIX has been released that supports the DayZ v1.7.2.5 pre-release mod version!

You can control which mod version to use in the Game section option "Update to PreRelease versions" (for now restart after changing).

Currently there are no plans to add this support to SIX Launcher and Updater, as full focus is on Play withSIX which replaces SIX Launcher already, and will soon replace SIX updater also.

Enjoy!

Works like a charm. I installed this prog. next to Six Launcher and Six Updater. Launched Play withSIX, chose DayZ and my home server, installed, and clicked Play. Awesome! (Just don't let DayZ Verify by Six Launcher then, because it'll reset DayZ to 2.4, and you'll have to "Install" via Play withSIX again.)

I'll take Play withSIX then until the Six Launcher updates DayZ.

Edited by UltimateTobi

standalone cant come quick enough. hackers > alt f4 > bugs > ghosting > gameplay > content is the order rocket needs to do things. /beats dead horse.

• Like 1

standalone cant come quick enough. hackers > alt f4 > bugs > ghosting > gameplay > content is the order rocket needs to do things. /beats dead horse.

The fact that the game is being made by Rocket under Bohemian makes me think that it will likely be the same (though modified) engine, which means that hackers are almost definitely going to continue to be a problem.

In fact, I'm a bit worried that many of the same bugs are going to be present. I understand that he loves putting out new content, but I think it's time for a few bug squashing and playability patches. Even from an Alpha the horror that is the inventory system is barely forgivable. >_>

Edited by Choobeast
  • Like 2

I updated yesterday but only just managed to play. So far, I had the issue of logging in only to find my player not where I left him, instead starting on the coast. Not such a big deal as I still had all my gear. I haven't yet come across any graphic artifacts but saying that I've not been to any artifacts hot spots either so who knows.

As for these graphic glitches, even if they do still occur I found that switching to window mode and back again fixes the problem strait away. Because of this I'm not too fussed about it. It'd be nice to not have to but as the solution is that simple, I don't see why people are bitching so much. It's a alpha mod, not an expansion or stand alone.

Another thing is that I can't see anything about this humanity rating in my debug list. I'm guessing that's where it should be but nothing yet.

My ammo is still resetting too but as this is a plus for me if I have a half empty clip I'm not complaining there.

Besides these minor things I'd say a successful update compared to the last one which meant you had to piss about lots just to get back online.

Ok, i was at Balota Airfield yesterday and run into some graphic bugs from the dead soldier bodys.

I then played a little bit around with the graphic settings and it seemd like, when i turned the shadows on high, the graphic bugs disapeared.

Maybe this helps a little bit for someone.

My settings in the moment:

menuresolution: 1920x1080x32

3D resolution: 1440x810 (75%)

texture: high

graphic memory: high

antiisotropic: normal

AA: normal

landscape details: high

object details: high

shadow: high

hdr-quality: high

ppaa: deactivated

post-processing: normal

menu: small

vsync: activated

Until now, it worked without any more problems for....at least at balota airfield, wasn't at the other airfield yet.

I noticed that the debug monitor doesen't show's the temperature anymore for me and last night i lost my bicycle when i swiched to another server.

Edited by Apfelsator

Dear Rocket

I spawn on the coast each time I log off. This has been going on since you launched the patch. Please pay attention and fix this bug, it is very annoying.

Ok, i was at Balota Airfield yesterday and run into some graphic bugs from the dead soldier bodys.

I then played a little bit around with the graphic settings and it seemd like, when i turned the shadows on high, the graphic bugs disapeared.

Maybe this helps a little bit for someone.

My settings in the moment:

menuresolution: 1920x1080x32

3D resolution: 1440x810 (75%)

texture: high

graphic memory: high

antiisotropic: normal

AA: normal

landscape details: high

object details: high

shadow: high

hdr-quality: high

ppaa: deactivated

post-processing: normal

menu: small

vsync: activated

Until now, it worked without any more problems for....at least at balota airfield, wasn't at the other airfield yet.

I noticed that the debug monitor doesen't show's the temparute anymore for me and last night i lost my bicycle when i swiched to another server.

The 3D resolustion should always match your normal resolution (100%).

The 3D resolustion should always match your normal resolution (100%).

Ok, could you please explain to my, why?

Would be nice.

Does it affect something important because until now, it works really good for me how it is in the moment?

Ok, could you please explain to my, why?

Would be nice.

Does it affect something important because until now, it works really good for me how it is in the moment?

I've read it on the forum, and it got suggested to me, though not really explained. I believe I've read that it could "fuck up" your graphics. I think the tone is on could, because if it runs fine for you, it doesn't seem to be fatal to not have it at 100%.

Even though I believe that this can produce or solve the GFX artifacting too. I am not sure though.

So sorry if I can't explain, I just felt sharing what was told to me. Might be something true with it, or not. I think I/we should search the forums.

• Like 1

Update -

Havent respawned on the beach the last couple of times I have logged in, I have tried limited my logins to a couple of reliable servers to hopefully minimise this.

Glitches are still there, seems to be a lot around tank traps too though this could be a result of something close or behind. They really are bad though, worse I have seen.

Ammo count seems to be working fine however one glitch encountered was with the axe, when I logged back in the axe was empty and could not be 'reloaded'. I had to put on belt and take back off, reload it again and it worked well.

One other issue that is happening every time I log in is that my kill counters are all reset to 0 each time. My humanity starts at 0 each time as well however I am still wearing my 'hero' skin.

Logins time vary and im starting to think this might be more a server issue however I did come across a server today that logged us both in very quickly, insanely quick actual.

Script #185 keep happening to everyone on one server I was on, it came up and booted everyone back to the login screen, someone said it was a 'safety kick' so instead of an insta death it drops you out of the game and protects you, this was nice once we understood what was happening.

Our home server hasnt updated yet so we havent been able to log into it all weekend but when it finally does I will be able to test the vehicles.

Zombie pathing seems to be smoother and looks more realistic, good job with the zombies.

Hero skin looks great, does anyone know if the females have a hero skin as well? or is my partner evil to the core ?:)

Thats my update for now.

Hi Rocket,

First of all, don't get me wrong for what i'm going to write with this post.

Secondly, i am an IT developers with over 10 years of experience in softwere developing.

That being said, i'd like to give you some advice, actually i don't even know what is your IT skills/background so please get it as if i were a friend ;)

I guess you are stressed and under an huge pressure, however this is something you are going to deal with for a while..

I strongly advice you to better organize your work:

1) Don't work on new feature until you are able to fix major bugs

2) Apparently, you are going crazy to fix those graphical glitches, honestly i think that you should involve Arma 2 developers in this sort of bug fixing, i am pretty sure they will help you out on this task, they will be able to fix this bug in less then a couple of hours. It's not your fault but they know the engine better then you.

3) Once those critical bugs have gone, stop releasing any further update just put your effort on the standalone version and on a possible BETA dayz mod.

Four months for a MOD in Alpha stage sounds weird to me, the best solution could be to leave ppl playing the alpha version since many of those are paying a rental fee for their servers THIS IS ANOTHER HUGE ISSUE AROUND HERE... MONEY BEGIN TO PLAY A ROLE...

4) Take your time on developing a possible BETA mod and give the possibility to serious guys to partecipate to this beta stage. PLEASE NOTE, YOU NEED TO RESTRICT THE ACCESS ONLY TO PEOPLE WHO HAS TESTING EXPERIENCES (THEY NEED TO KNOW HOW TO REPORT BUG)

5) Keep working on the standalone game and take all the stuff that actually work for the beta.

Hope it can help a bit, i apologize for my bad english.

Good Luck, remember you're a genius, you have talent don't ruin everything because ppl make you feel the smell of money..

cya

Leomar75

Edited by vIP3r
  • Like 1

I've read it on the forum, and it got suggested to me, though not really explained. I believe I've read that it could "fuck up" your graphics. I think the tone is on could, because if it runs fine for you, it doesn't seem to be fatal to not have it at 100%.

Even though I believe that this can produce or solve the GFX artifacting too. I am not sure though.

So sorry if I can't explain, I just felt sharing what was told to me. Might be something true with it, or not. I think I/we should search the forums.

Its mainly for asthetics. If you use a 3d res lower than the Display res it can look pretty bad with no real boost in performance. However, if your on very low end hardware you might not have a choice but to try a lower 3d res to get some more FPS. I wouldnt think there would be much point though.

Edited by SeanOfTheDead
  • Like 1

Its mainly for asthetics. If you use a 3d res lower than the Display res it can look pretty bad with no real boost in performance. However, if your on very low end hardware you might not have a choice but to try a lower 3d res to get some more FPS. I wouldnt think there would be much point though.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Invisible tank traps in the floor need looking into. People placing them on bridges and docks " for teh lulz " getting annoying.

Thanks for the explanation, i think i will give it a try, my hardware is not so bad, should work.

@UltimateTobi

The Forum searches us, thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

It would be nice to know what the undocumented changes are in the latest update.

There seems to be some confusing elements, such as the humanity which seems to be changing (mine from a minus number to 0) from server to server. Zombie kill stats got reset and I now seem to have a bandit skin on *sometimes* which keeps changing as I run.

Tested 1.7.2.5 today.

I did noticed one issue; wildlife despawning right next to me. It happened twice today; once with a pig and once with a cow.

I was right next to them (> 1 meter), but before I could kill them they disappeared in thin air.

• Like 1

Tested 1.7.2.5 today.

I did noticed one issue; wildlife despawning right next to me. It happened twice today; once with a pig and once with a cow.

I was right next to them (> 1 meter), but before I could kill them they disappeared in thin air.

I have noticed that happening in the 1.7.2.4 patch.

I thought it was just me as I hadn't seen anybody else with the same issue. They just vanish at random times, I was scoped up on a cow just about to pull the trigger and it vanished on me. Damn hacking cows.

I have noticed that happening in the 1.7.2.4 patch.

I thought it was just me as I hadn't seen anybody else with the same issue. They just vanish at random times, I was scoped up on a cow just about to pull the trigger and it vanished on me. Damn hacking cows.

Had the same thing. Was range finding with a CZ and decided to take out a cow to get some steak. Killed the cow and was running to loot it, got within like 10m and it vanished :(