rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update

one thing that I can't understand, why dev team don't fix first actual problems with monolits, cars, tents and then go back to working on standalone project with free soul?!

Can you really not understand why the development team would not drop everything to fix a free alpha? Get your head out of your ass man, any fixes that are made to the alpha between now and the standalone release will just be found money. Now in case you still need an answer to that extremely stupid question, they will not drop what they are doing with the standalone because the standalone is going to generate money for them and justify their employment. The bugs suck, but it is a motherfucking testing alpha so either wait until the real game comes out or quit bitching online like they owe you something. Hell, they should just lock the game so no one can play, problem solved.

Can you really not understand why the development team would not drop everything to fix a free alpha? Get your head out of your ass man, any fixes that are made to the alpha between now and the standalone release will just be found money. Now in case you still need an answer to that extremely stupid question, they will not drop what they are doing with the standalone because the standalone is going to generate money for them and justify their employment. The bugs suck, but it is a motherfucking testing alpha so either wait until the real game comes out or quit bitching online like they owe you something. Hell, they should just lock the game so no one can play, problem solved.

Following your logic, it's an alpha for a project, that is not going to be released. What's the point of it then?

Following your logic, it's an alpha for a project, that is not going to be released. What's the point of it then?

How is it an alpha for a project that is not going to be released? That statement really does not make sense because the "project" is going to be released. I would love another update and the mod will probably get a few patches in the coming months leading up to the standalone, but people should understand that the team has now shifted focus to a polished finished project and expecting anything different is being extremely naive. The alpha supplies good data for the developers to use to finish the real game, if people do not understand this concept then they should not be playing a fucking testing alpha.

Edited by Zombie Jesus

Yeah dude I understand what you mean but I'm speaking about another thing. Just fix 3 important bugs and mod will playable for us and we will playing n waiting real standalone game on arma 3 engine.

• Like 2

Yeah dude I understand what you mean but I'm speaking about another thing. Just fix 3 important bugs and mod will playable for us and we will playing n waiting real standalone game on arma 3 engine.

Little harsh on you but what three things? Hacking and duping will not be fixed in the alpha which Rocket has already admitted in multiple interviews. As I understand it duping and hacking can not really be fixed due to the mod being part of Arma and the risk that it would break aspects of the actual game that the mod is based on. The standalone is not going to be on the Arma 3 engine, it will be on a modified version of Arma 2 engine that they are calling 2.5, there is a video in this thread that has an interview on the subject http://dayzmod.com/f...rma-iii-engine/. In other interviews Rocket has even admitted that the mod is broken, so it is not like he is unaware or does not care about the problems. The only thing that could possibly be fixed in the mod is the issues with graphical glitches, but you have to understand the dayz team is not very large and their limited resources are rightfully being devoted to finishing the standalone that many of us are eagerly awaiting. If the standalone comes out and these major problems have not been reduced then it will be time for complaining, otherwise I would advise some patience.

I know you see it all the time but you really do have to understand the concept of alpha testing, until it is a real game just be happy the alpha is actually public or if the glitches and bugs are just too much wait until standalone.

Edit: read your original post and see the three issues you were talking about and apologize for getting off topic with hacking and duping (read so many complaint threads lately that they all melt together). The focus of the small development team is on the standalone and Rocket just finished Gamescon so the delay in fixing these issues is understandable, but two of them should be fairly easy to fix in tents and vehicles. They are going to continue patching (at least they have said that in the past) but will not be doing so as frequently, hoping they can do something about graphics bugs but less hopeful about a quick fix to that issue. Just know I feel your pain, lost a car, a heli, and two bicycles since the latest patch along with two tents filled with rare gear I actually found in a legitimate manner.

Edited by Zombie Jesus
  • Like 1

Little harsh on you but what three things? Hacking and duping will not be fixed in the alpha which Rocket has already admitted in multiple interviews. As I understand it duping and hacking can not really be fixed due to the mod being part of Arma and the risk that it would break aspects of the actual game that the mod is based on. The standalone is not going to be on the Arma 3 engine, it will be on a modified version of Arma 2 engine that they are calling 2.5, there is a video in this thread that has an interview on the subject http://dayzmod.com/f...rma-iii-engine/. In other interviews Rocket has even admitted that the mod is broken, so it is not like he is unaware or does not care about the problems. The only thing that could possibly be fixed in the mod is the issues with graphical glitches, but you have to understand the dayz team is not very large and their limited resources are rightfully being devoted to finishing the standalone that many of us are eagerly awaiting. If the standalone comes out and these major problems have not been reduced then it will be time for complaining, otherwise I would advise some patience.

I know you see it all the time but you really do have to understand the concept of alpha testing, until it is a real game just be happy the alpha is actually public or if the glitches and bugs are just too much wait until standalone.

Edit: read your original post and see the three issues you were talking about and apologize for getting off topic with hacking and duping (read so many complaint threads lately that they all melt together). The focus of the small development team is on the standalone and Rocket just finished Gamescon so the delay in fixing these issues is understandable, but two of them should be fairly easy to fix in tents and vehicles. They are going to continue patching (at least they have said that in the past) but will not be doing so as frequently, hoping they can do something about graphics bugs but less hopeful about a quick fix to that issue. Just know I feel your pain, lost a car, a heli, and two bicycles since the latest patch along with two tents filled with rare gear I actually found in a legitimate manner.

Wow ! a dude with a brain in this topic ! Got my Beans

Rocket = lame.. I'd buy a box a shit before I bought a stand alone supported like this alpha.

We've lost a helicopter three times this week to disapearing vehicles .. im not mad i just repeat the following about no updates.

Rocket = lame.. I'd buy a box a shit before I bought a stand alone supported like this alpha.

Wow. You really are low.

You come here and insult other people after losing an argument you never had the chance to win?

I understand what you want to say.. but when Rocket think that people are going to buy the standalone, a game that got his release when nothing work, he is totally wrong..

I understand that they want to get the standalone as fast as they can, but giving up every old player, just cause the new game get the OK, is rubish!

I am not the guy that complains much about things, but at the moment, why should I play/buy this game ? Even when its done ..

There is now a bigger team, that works on this mod, but for now I can´t see it. I´m not the only one who thinks like this, and I think that much more people are feeling the same in a few days or weeks.

At all the worst thing is, it seems like Rocket is giving a sh.. on us, the people who get this game popular.. without us this game is nothing!

It´s sad to say this about an game which was REALLY AWESOME 2 weeks before ..

For now this game is like an fancy restaurant where the food taste like garbage. From the outside it looks good but after a few hours you realize what it really is.

Dont take it wrong, just my opinion.. (for the moment)

Edit: Forgot to say that there is already an fix about the glitches, and I found an post that there are server hosts who found out how to get the tent bug fixed.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/yhksh/successful_graphics_glitch_fix_for_nvidia_gpu/ (link for glitches)

So what´s the problem? No more communication between player and the Dev team ?!

http://thewarz.com/index.html ?! Better team, same game ?

Edited by Wcked

Wow. You really are low.

You come here and insult other people after losing an argument you never had the chance to win?

ZOMG stalker trolls.. the worst kind..ohh and this one isn't very intelligent either. damn..

ZOMG stalker trolls.. the worst kind..ohh and this one isn't very intelligent either. damn..

Trolls? You know very well that I'm not trolling. And I might not be very intelligent, but I have proof that I am at least more intelligent than you.

And I'm not stalking. There are 116 pages of posts in this forum thread(See? Brainfart.), that should sort-of imply that a lot of people check in on this thread often.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man

@Wcked

I just want to see the bugs fixed. Duping ammo, tents/cars not saving, respawning on the beach when logging back in with your geared up character, getting stuck on a fence with a tractor and losing all your blood, getting stuck in the floor of a house(like zombies do), losing backpack when changing to ghillie, losing backpack(+ sometimes gear) when swimming in the water, zombies glitching through walls and hitting you, logging in to have your character shaking when he wasn't before you logged off, randomly getting all my blood/ammo back when I join a different server, and worst of all, the graphic glitches coming from dead zombies,wire fence kits,etc....

Im sure theres more, but that was just off the top of my head. I play the game everyday, and cant wait for a standalone. I just wish he'd address some of these issues instead of adding crap like dogs into the next update.

Edited by jordan2412
  • Like 1

Edit: Forgot to say that there is already an fix about the glitches

and what might that be? please don't say the 'flush' thing, or setting video mem to default

@Wcked

I just want to see the bugs fixed. Duping ammo, tents/cars not saving, respawning on the beach when logging back in with your geared up character, getting stuck on a fence with a tractor and losing all your blood, getting stuck in the floor of a house(like zombies do), losing backpack when changing to ghillie, losing backpack(+ sometimes gear) when swimming in the water, zombies glitching through walls and hitting you, logging in to have your character shaking when he wasn't before you logged off, randomly getting all my blood/ammo back when I join a different server, and worst of all, the graphic glitches coming from dead zombies,wire fence kits,etc....

Im sure theres more, but that was just off the top of my head. I play the game everyday, and cant wait for a standalone. I just wish he'd address some of these issues instead of adding crap like dogs into the next update.

It´s normal that you are loosing your gear in the water ;) Thats ARMA 2. On a few servers they set it off.

The most important bugs for me are the tents and the cars.

I think every can live with the other bugs until standalone, but for now its unplayable!

Cause of that im looking for an other game atm.. maybe WarZ from Hammerpoint Interactive(CoD:Black Ops 1+2), I think.

I REALLY REALLY dont want to say bad things bout this game but its hard for now :(

Edited by Wcked

haven't tried that one. I'll try it, but plenty of people in that thread are saying it didn't work for them. seems on par with most of the 'fixes'

'flush' works most of the time for me, but not always. the thing I noticed is those dead soldiers act weird even when they're not artifacting. they don't appear for me at all until I'm a few feet from where they're at. I've also noticed one that was producing a small artifact when I looked at it from far away, then when I got closer, it turned into a dead soldier

Cause of that im looking for an other game atm.. maybe WarZ from machinima, I think.

:rolleyes:

haven't tried that one. I'll try it, but plenty of people in that thread are saying it didn't work for them. seems on par with most of the 'fixes'

'flush' works most of the time for me, but not always. the thing I noticed is those dead soldiers act weird even when they're not artifacting. they don't appear for me at all until I'm a few feet from where they're at. I've also noticed one that was producing a small artifact when I looked at it from far away, then when I got closer, it turned into a dead soldier

I didn´t try it cause the graphical glitches are no problem for me.

I just dont like, running into city after city just cause i need some food and maybe one magacine for my weapon, is just boring.

It´s normal that you are loosing your gear in the water ;) Thats ARMA 2. On a few servers they set it off.

The most important bugs for me are the tents and the cars.

I think every can live with the other bugs until standalone, but for now its unplayable!

Cause of that im looking for an other game atm.. maybe WarZ from Hammerpoint Interactive(CoD:Black Ops 1+2), I think.

I REALLY REALLY dont want to say bad things bout this game but its hard for now :(

Ah, didn't know that about ARMA II.

I can manage with the bugs, I have too much fun playing with friends. When I get too frustrated, I just quit for the night, and usually want to play again the next night :)....I'm more concerned that if he keeps adding stuff, which will likely have its own bugs, he's going to dig too deep a hole, and the mod won't ever get fixed properly. When you have 20+ bugs all working together to create a clusterphuck, it'll only get harder to rule out and eliminate the issues.