rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update

Graphical Glitches have not gone!

Yesterday i was flying around with my Uh-1h and i had graphical glitches in Berezino, Cherno, Balota and at the NW Airfield.

Hope you will fix that soon. ;)

PS: I made the update with the "Play with Six" updater.

Graphical Glitches have not gone!

Yesterday i was flying around with my Uh-1h and i had graphical glitches in Berezino, Cherno, Balota and at the NW Airfield.

Hope you will fix that soon. ;)

PS: I made the update with the "Play with Six" updater.

I hope you crashed :P

What the actual eff, people? Get over yourselves. Rocket is working extremely hard to publicize, develop and push this game, all at once, with a very small team. It's a free mod, in alpha, that is only given to us so we can help him develop a better final product.

Get it?

This is NOT a final product.

It's an alpha of a game that doesn't even have a release date yet. We get to enjoy what little he's created (which is, in reality, a great deal of time and work), and he gets our feedback in response. Stop whining, bitching, moaning, groaning, crying, and grumbling.

If you think you could do better, GO AND DO IT. Go make millions with your mad 'puter skrillz.

In the meantime, the rest of us will sit here, enjoy the privilege of playing a game that is so early in its development phase, and help Rocket continue to make it better and better. We'll play the game and tell the development team if we encounter a problem. Some folks even go the million extra miles and try the game every way currently, humanly possible to see if anyone else might be experiencing issues and not reporting them. If you're going to cry about the game's issues, then don't play. Or play, and cry to each other, but NOT HERE, and not to us. This is a thread, and a forum, for serious people willing to roll up their sleeves and dig in when the game proves to be in a mood to fight back.

I don't really post here, and you know why?

I DON'T TYPICALLY HAVE ANYTHING USEFUL TO CONTRIBUTE.

And clearly, most of you don't either. I don't understand how Rocket and his team put up with such ungrateful players on this site. If I was in charge, the lot of you whiners would be banned and barred from the game. They must have the patience of saints, to sift through ten pages of complaints and find only one or two valuable insights into why and how bugs are occurring.

Stop playing, or keep your complaints to yourself. It's free, and it's unique, and it's the best we can have, right now. If you think there's something better, go play that, instead. We certainly won't miss you miserable little bastards.

TL;DR

Go bitch to your mother, not to us.

Relevant to new patch:

*Client Beta: 95883

*Server Beta: 95819

*DayZ updated to 1.7.2.5 via DayZ Commander.

*Server: US 454

**IP: 199.116.118.52:2332

*Played for about three hours and ran from Kamenka all the way through Balota, Balota Airfield, Cherno, and Elektro. No artifacting occurred, bandit skins/Humanity monitor worked fine. Have not re-logged (bedtime for me) to check on ammo counter and will check out NW Airfield and Stary Sobor tomorrow for artifacting, as that's where it typically happened to me.

*Video memory is set to default.

*Graphics card is an nVidia 560M w/ 2GB of video memory available.

*Running an i7 2670 QM @ 2.20 GHz

*Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

*Video settings set to High/Very High

*I do have a 2 GB video card, which I know has been mentioned as a possible reason I can avoid artifacting (I was typically able to stop it from happening prior to the new patch simply by rebooting my system, sometimes even by rebooting the game itself.)

Anyone/everyone can request further information about my system, etc. I'll do my best to provide it, though this is not my area of expertise, not even a little bit.

Thank you, Rocket, for making such an awesome mod and working so hard to keep it going and keep improving it. No matter the glitches or bugs, I love it way too much to ever stop playing!

lol
  • Like 1

Well this thread is useless now still waiting for an update from rocket.

People saying I have more experience than you with software development can't you guys just give feedback instead of point scoring off eachother

.5 has spawned me on the coast lots of times very annoying after being stuck on the loading screen and exiting the game.

Artefacts still present but managed to resolve them by flushing the graphics cache sometimes more than once.

Ammo is working properly now

Zombies smoother but not sure if I like it

Please please please make an official release because im getting tired renaming my @dayz folder to account for the new patch.

Please give us an update rocket

Dan

Did rocket also mention this is a free mod and in alpha?

That's funny because i distinctly remember buying Arma specifically to play Day Z... This doesn't make Day z free in my mind.

I'm tired of the graphics glitches going crazy, obscuring my view only for some hacker to spawn in on me and shoot me in the face. I just want to play this as a co-op game now with a few friends. Let me host private games!

Edited by Rek Seven

That's funny because i distinctly remember buying Arma specifically to play Day Z... This doesn't make Day z free in my mind.

and all the free games on the internet are still not free because you have to buy a computer to play..

and if your mom buys you a computer it's still not free because you have to pay for internet..

and if you connect via a free wifi hotspot it's still not free because you have to pay for electricity to run the computer..

fuck DayZ! it's a scam!!!!

better go buy the new Shoot at Stuff 3.7: Reloaded (HD Edition) + DLCs

• Like 3

buying Arma specifically to play Day Z.

DayZ is still classed as a free mod, you bought ArmA as a game on its own, no matter what you purchased it for DayZ is still free technically as ArmA can be a great game on its own.

Reading through this has made me glad I decided to take a break from the game without bothering to update to 1.7.2.5.

Life in Chernarus' apocalypse was getting a little dull with no real objective, so the break is nice.

Hopefully by the time the next update and fixed graphics glitches roll around I'll be ready to continue my journey. :)

idd its a great mod, but he is making the priorities of his fix list wrong, 19 hours on animations for animals(this we didnt need), in that time he cud have fixed the glitches and not mess up the hive for 1.7.2.5.

Edited by Jordala

alright listen, before you even try to tell me that it doesnt, first of all, lingor uses the same update 1.7.2.5 and the newest OA patch, and you know what? i have NO problems on lingor but i didnt have any in dayz either, my friend who still has problems in DayZ doesnt on lingor, and lingor island is such a great map, the servers are somewhat great, some are slow because it gets full so easy, and i have ran into COUNTLESS of friendly people, though im not friendly myself i still shoot them when i have the chance, some i let go, some i dont.

Rocket doesnt want to support lingor? thats a bad bad move, you always support your community(i might have gotten the story wrong but srsly, i dont get why this map isnt looked into -.-), if you dont, well then good riddance. But you know what? DayZ has probably seen the last bit of support it can get, i do not feel that anyone is looking into the issues people post here, its all in vain tbh and thats why im not exploring, i kinda have had enough with chernarus when most of my friends still has issues, i dont, they do.

So, i will type it again, Lingor island is a great map, it seems like THAT part knows what they are doing.

When has rocket taken something from the community and said "ohh yeah good idea ill implement that"

Has he taken some of the plans and might introduce them into the standalone?

Does he listen or go his own way?

From what i have seen so far, i must say no to rocket's standalone so far, it could be that i came to DayZ on the wrong time but i dont know.

Rocket made a great alpha, thats all.

As far as I know lingor could be part of the standalone: As in it could be possible to travel between maps by plans.

Lingor is great sure, but I'm not sure if they are totally aware of what they do with the map design. I play Lingor and enjoy, but I do get the feeling that is going very much away from the original dayz idea.

Just count how many airports are on this small group of islands. Ridicolous. Look at the amount of military spawn places. Absurd. It was never easier to gear yourself up. Give me 1 hour and I have grade A equipment on Lingor. Lingor feels to me like the Dayz for people who are more impatient. I don't know if the lingor team is aware that they move away from many DayZ core topics.

If you like it: Fine! I like it to, but I pretty much feel like I'm way less attached to my character and equipment on that map. Just because it's so easy to get stuff. Some ideas are quit interessting: like towns where almost every building is enterable (so many places to hide from the enemie's eyes!). Or... there are way less good places for thents, because there are less woods and the island is quite full.

It's a faster DayZ on Lingor. It works great with 1.7.2.5. Give it a try, but be aware that you will have multiple characters because some servers use different privat hives.

Edited by ToasterDiagramm

Good news, but I'm still reluctant to say it is gone.

There was a post before saying it was still there. I need lots of feedback on this before I can confirm it, and we'll post on twitter. SU won't go live for a few hours at least to give server hosting companies time to update.

me and a large portion of my group still has the graphic glitches and theres about 7 of us who have the glitch still
  • Like 1

Did rocket also mention this is a free mod and in alpha?

I don't like the way everyone uses this as an excuse to everything, yes we do understand that the game is in an Alpha state or at least most of us do... But instead of focusing on adding features to make it look more ''realistic'' at this kind of state is not right. Bug fixing is all that has to be done on an alpha state and then reduce the fixes...
  • Like 1

Can people please confirm if this is the case for them?

Be SURE you updated ALL YOUR FILES.

This is very important. The closed test indicated that nobody who was experiencing graphical glitches before was with this update, so if that is not the case I need to know ASAP.

Using an nvidia card the glitches still happen, turning ON v-sync appears to fix the problem.

when is the

DayZ - Graphic Glitch - Screen Bug near Airfields

going to get fixed me and my friends cant evnen go there when are there going to fix it

Using an nvidia card the glitches still happen, turning ON v-sync appears to fix the problem.

Running on Default with Default Memory-Usage does fix the problem, V-Sync does not.

Edited by YassirX
  • Like 1

Ok I'm lucky enough not to be suffering from the artifacts that seems to be happening due to the dead soldiers since update 1.7.2.4. I have Just been browsing youtube and a guy claims to have found a fix.

# Download the archive http://se1.dayz.nu/o...z_anim_v0.3.rar it contains two files from a previous build of the mod.

# Unpack the archive into your addons Folder ( ARMA2\@DayZ\addons ) always back up your old files first!!

Give it a go it may or may not work. I've not tried it myself because my game is running fine!

Edited by vandal GAB

Ok I'm lucky enough not to be suffering from the artifacts that seems to be happening due to the dead soldiers since update 1.7.2.4. I have Just been browsing youtube and a guy claims to have found a fix.

# Download the archive http://se1.dayz.nu/o...z_anim_v0.3.rar it contains two files from a previous build of the mod.

# Unpack the archive into your addons Folder ( ARMA2\@DayZ\addons ) always back up your old files first!!

Give it a go it may or may not work. I've not tried it myself because my game is running fine!

Link to the original post please.

I have no graphic problems btw.

Link to the original post please.

I have no graphic problems btw.

The fix is in the video description! Sorry I can't work out how to post a link without the video appearing.

Edited by vandal GAB

OK thanks.

The vid does not help in anyway but the discription info may reasure some people.

Has anybody actually tried this "fix" with success ?