rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update

Go post on the warz forums then, u wont be missed but you will be dissapointed

I think he'll have better luck buying hen's teeth.

ANYWAY, Still no atifacts for me. Tried 3 different servers last night (logged on and off a total of 5 times throughout the afternoon/night cooking dinner and taking a break for Shark Week and switching servers) and had started where I left off every time, even the time the server restarted on me and my machine locked up. Other than the tents and cars not saving, everything seems to be working beautifully for me. I'm on 95948 playing on 95883 and 95948 servers.

Is there ANY chance some of the reported problems could be people that THOUGHT they updated but it didn't stick? I had to uninstall SU and use DayZ commander to get the patch to take. Before then artifacts were worse than before, and I was loading on the coast.

i also still had artifacts until i turned vsync off and restarted the game/computer (havent tested which one it was) no artifacts since then

is it up on sixupdater yet ? coz i have 2.5 installed and haven't played for 4 days, still waiting for servers to update..

go play. there are hundreds of servers ready to go. it doesnt have to be on six anything for you to play.

just an fyi, bitches. I don't have a problem with playing an alpha. I have a problem with assmonkey commanders who tell people with legitimate grievances to go fuck themselves. Go fuck YOUR self. Haven't been killed by another player in three updates. Always get teleported in the air or nuked by some syphilitic script kid. Haven't been killed by a zombie since 1.6.2 I owned arma II before this mod came out. Oh and the only artifacting I ever see is just outside berezino at the bridge on the main road south.

So now you've got facts, go fuck yourself some more...

...you sperm burping toss rag.

If you want to talk shit about some kind of dickhead "herpderp ur about to play an alpha" EULA, set it up before people actually outlay the cash for the base game. like that's a big fucking ask. It was your idea to have a checkbox, you smug twat. you want it? do it right or pull your fucking head in.

Edited by datguy

No it does not, go make a thread in the general discussion.

Rocket will their be more available mirrors to download the 1.7.2.5 patch from? I was looking to try it out but i dont want to wait or feel like i should wait 4 hours for 100 mb to download when my normal download speed is anywhere from 1-2mb per second.

alright listen, before you even try to tell me that it doesnt, first of all, lingor uses the same update 1.7.2.5 and the newest OA patch, and you know what? i have NO problems on lingor but i didnt have any in dayz either, my friend who still has problems in DayZ doesnt on lingor, and lingor island is such a great map, the servers are somewhat great, some are slow because it gets full so easy, and i have ran into COUNTLESS of friendly people, though im not friendly myself i still shoot them when i have the chance, some i let go, some i dont.

Rocket doesnt want to support lingor? thats a bad bad move, you always support your community(i might have gotten the story wrong but srsly, i dont get why this map isnt looked into -.-), if you dont, well then good riddance. But you know what? DayZ has probably seen the last bit of support it can get, i do not feel that anyone is looking into the issues people post here, its all in vain tbh and thats why im not exploring, i kinda have had enough with chernarus when most of my friends still has issues, i dont, they do.

So, i will type it again, Lingor island is a great map, it seems like THAT part knows what they are doing.

When has rocket taken something from the community and said "ohh yeah good idea ill implement that"

Has he taken some of the plans and might introduce them into the standalone?

Does he listen or go his own way?

From what i have seen so far, i must say no to rocket's standalone so far, it could be that i came to DayZ on the wrong time but i dont know.

Rocket made a great alpha, thats all.

Edited by Zyfer
  • Like 1

im haveing trouble getting this patch to work through utorent. Cant u just install it as almost all the good servers are running it anyway

alright listen, before you even try to tell me that it doesnt, first of all, lingor uses the same update 1.7.2.5 and the newest OA patch, and you know what? i have NO problems on lingor but i didnt have any in dayz either, my friend who still has problems in DayZ doesnt on lingor, and lingor island is such a great map, the servers are somewhat great, some are slow because it gets full so easy, and i have ran into COUNTLESS of friendly people, though im not friendly myself i still shoot them when i have the chance, some i let go, some i dont.

Rocket doesnt want to support lingor? thats a bad bad move, you always support your community(i might have gotten the story wrong but srsly, i dont get why this map isnt looked into -.-), if you dont, well then good riddance. But you know what? DayZ has probably seen the last bit of support it can get, i do not feel that anyone is looking into the issues people post here, its all in vain tbh and thats why im not exploring, i kinda have had enough with chernarus when most of my friends still has issues, i dont, they do.

So, i will type it again, Lingor island is a great map, it seems like THAT part knows what they are doing.

When has rocket taken something from the community and said "ohh yeah good idea ill implement that"

Has he taken some of the plans and might introduce them into the standalone?

Does he listen or go his own way?

From what i have seen so far, i must say no to rocket's standalone so far, it could be that i came to DayZ on the wrong time but i dont know.

Rocket made a great alpha, thats all.

Rocket fully supports what's happening right now with lingor island. In the future he wants to give players more support to make other maps for the mod version of dayz.

Edited by Thecolours

Rocket fully supports what's happening right now with longitude island. In the future he wants to gove players more supporr to make other maps for the mod version of dayz.

i do hope this is true, it is then there is a future in his "projects" atleast :)

i do hope this is true, it is then there is a future in his "projects" atleast :)

It is. Even better, he plans to support few maps what the players will be able to access via boat or air plane. Quote from blog:

Question: With the popularity of Lingor, somewhere down the road can we expect to see other maps officially supported aside from just Chernarus? If so, how would character selection work?

Rocket Answer: Absolutely.

I think having the ability for the character to travel to other islands is my preferred one (e.g. by boat or air). If you character hasn't traveled then I would see it as creating a new one for that island.

So as you can see thins are going in good direction.

Btw. If you want to check other Rocket's answers go to http://www.reddit.co...tial_questions/

Edited by MACtic
  • Like 1

does that statement have anything to do with the 1.7.2.5 update?

yep. it has a lot to do with the update. lingor has no bugs that appear on the cherno map. it also has 100% entereable buildings, less hackers, etc. everything that the main game is failing at, lingor island has.

I'm sure it's been said but:

While it remembers your ammo count in regular inventory, if you put ammo into your backpack it becomes a full clip on login. (Please fix)

Anyone else having problems with fps today? I've tried 5 different US servers all with low ping, and myself with low ping(20-30mm). And, I'm getting like 5fps. I put graphic settings to very low and that got me around 20-25. But, I've never had this problem before. I usually run everything on very high and get 30fps at least on all servers.

just an fyi, bitches. I don't have a problem with playing an alpha. I have a problem with assmonkey commanders who tell people with legitimate grievances to go fuck themselves. Go fuck YOUR self. Haven't been killed by another player in three updates. Always get teleported in the air or nuked by some syphilitic script kid. Haven't been killed by a zombie since 1.6.2 I owned arma II before this mod came out. Oh and the only artifacting I ever see is just outside berezino at the bridge on the main road south.

So now you've got facts, go fuck yourself some more...

...you sperm burping toss rag.

If you want to talk shit about some kind of dickhead "herpderp ur about to play an alpha" EULA, set it up before people actually outlay the cash for the base game. like that's a big fucking ask. It was your idea to have a checkbox, you smug twat. you want it? do it right or pull your fucking head in.

Go Fuck yourself, seriously go do it..

• Like 1

Lol what this guy said .... also might want to have your mother look into birth control pills ... granted it wont help her get rid of you but maybe she can OD and save herself the burden of having to call herself your mother.

• Like 2

It is. Even better, he plans to support few maps what the players will be able to access via boat or air plane. Quote from blog:

Question: With the popularity of Lingor, somewhere down the road can we expect to see other maps officially supported aside from just Chernarus? If so, how would character selection work?

Rocket Answer: Absolutely.

I think having the ability for the character to travel to other islands is my preferred one (e.g. by boat or air). If you character hasn't traveled then I would see it as creating a new one for that island.

So as you can see thins are going in good direction.

Btw. If you want to check other Rocket's answers go to http://www.reddit.co...tial_questions/

And thanks to you, yeah im glad to see that its atleast at the thinking point, it shows that he atleast has plans to go grab some ideas from the community, some of the ideas people come out with are really epic.

I really enjoy lingor so far, though most buildings are weirdly misplaced and the wild life sounds are abit in yo face, side channel being raped by russians but nothing a mute cant handle, its just "people" afterall LOL.

I guess its the variety that sucks me in, i do get a bit of bad FPS on that map but i think its mostly because of my CPU being overheated because of this weather we have and my bad bad bad cpu cooler, but it will be fixed soonish.

And remember, you still test DayZ while playing lingor, and there is nothing stopping me from heading back to cherna when the next patch is released.

Isnt rocket at gamescon? From 16 to 19 dayz will be in gamescon, so rocket will be back on monday i guess.

People keep whining about its alpha. How the fuck can we test this game if you cannot get passed the loading screen?

A friend and I tried to play last night, but due to the moronic patch, you get stuck on loadin screens. So after about an hr and a half tryi to get into a server, we called it quits and decided to stop playing until you can actually get into a game and play.

Edited by Junnk

I dont know about everyone else but since this patch, i have faster loading, the fastest i have ever had before. Try deleting your dayz folder and re-downloading the mod via dayz commander or six launcher. Also double check your firewalls, noticed mine was blocking the game since it was updated.

Edited by Soul_Killer

So, just wondering. I see a lot of people complaining about missing items on their tents, missing vehicles, etc.

But i also see a lot of camps when i'm searching for them with lots of gear inside.

I just want to ask if there's any way to SAFELY set a camp, like the proper time of the day before/after the restart to save the tent, or any other "technique" that will provide me a safe way to put my stuff inside my tent.

Last time i did it, after the restart everything was gone.

I'd call you an imbecile but what's the point of calling you words you don't understand? dipshit.

yep. it has a lot to do with the update. lingor has no bugs that appear on the cherno map. it also has 100% entereable buildings, less hackers, etc. everything that the main game is failing at, lingor island has.

but what does that have to do with 1.7.2.5?

what specific bugs are you talking about? it uses private hives, so that's probably a lot of it. no dead soldiers, so no artifacts. smaller map probably helps with performance. less hackers because there's less players

but none of that has anything to do with 1.7.2.5