rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update

He's at Gamescon 2012 until Sunday... so that means

* he's going to sleep throughout Monday,

* going to check the forums on Tuesday

* do some interviews or live game sessions on Wednesday

* do some coding on Thursday,

* post a Dayz 1.7.3 Rolling Update post on Friday with the scheduled release date for 1st of November

* do "testing" for a week

* go to another conference for a week

* post the 1.7.3 update on the 7th of November

* wait for people to report that 1 out 10 "fixes" actually partially fixes something

Edited by mariush
  • Like 4

I dont understand why everyone is up in arms about this these fixes will come with the standalone while right now Rocket wants to try things like dogs we are playing a free alpha build and even if BI is making millions of dayz you still bought arma 2 not dayz and I dont get why everyone feels so entitled. Just enjoy the game even if there are some bugs they will be solved have some faith.

• Like 4

* [FIXED] Graphical glitches with barbed wire (Rebinarized file should no longer produce graphical artifacts) <FALSE

* [FIXED] Graphical glitches with dead bodies (Rebinarized file should no longer produce graphical artifacts) <FALSE

do you understand the meaning of the word "should"?

to those who say BI is making money out of DayZ - I am glad they are!

dude that says there are less than one million players - I hope you are not that stupid.

• Like 1

I really think most of what appears in this thread is the reason why most games/mods in alpha remain closed to the public until 2nd phase of Beta.....people need to get over it, if you dont like, dont play its that simple. I for one love the game, bugs or no and after playing for a while on the 1.7.2.5 patch haven't seen any further glitching as yet. Not to say its fixed, but seems better from my perspective.

Look forward to future enhancements and hope that the tone of parts of this community doesn't bring it all down.

• Like 2

@debiru, some people go to failblog or 4chan for lols; I come here :D I've learned to give up complaining on the internets. People come to this forum, pound on the keyboard and expect stuff to happen. I've loled at the shit I've said about this, and I'm just laying back and taking it like a happy jail bird. I'm actually not mad anymore, since I got my helicopter back; I guess that just shows how shallow my rage is LOL

Also, check this shit out! These are pics of the REAL chernarus

http://imgur.com/a/tkH9L#25

Edited by aoikazega
  • Like 4

thanks for the link

the girl in pink looks like an infected :lol:

So playing for first time in 4 weeks (vacation) I stumpled upon something very annoying.

1. Came into NWAF (nighttime) from south, and I could not look towards fire station due to graph bugs, no worries, DONT look at it was interesting...

Reaching firestation Iit was the same towards barracks.

Graph-issues was gone when sun was up)

(think something like this was allready reported)

2.Unknown if error or implemented anti-server-hopper.

But I logged at NWAF for the night, and in morning I came back, due to kids poop habit I had to log a few minutes later again,

5-10 minutes later I came back, ran around for awhile and logged out again southwest of barracks.

An hour later I log in and find myself in Otmel, as a new-spawned BUT with all my gear, I dont really mind exept I was hunting a DMR to replace my ACOG...

BTW.. bandit system Implemented again? (yay)

Why are so many people still hung up on using SixUpdater?

FFS people perform the manual install of the files already. There is a step by step instructions process on the DayZ wiki page. It's easy as pie and then you don't have to deal with that application any longer preventing you from enjoying the current updates. I've been playing 1.7.2.5 since last Friday, literally almost a week, yet I'm still reading about people asking when it's going to be available on SU. Why the hell would you even wait that long?

Either perform the manual install, best way to play IMO, or get the newer DayZ Commander (google it) if you really need a separate application to hold your hand so you can play this game.

Some of us have issues doing manual install for one reason or another. Myself and another friend of mine both cannot launch Combined Operations without the use of Six Launcher, no matter WHAT we try.

So, for some of us, it's not that we can't INSTALL it manually, but it simply will not RUN manually. Period. Even had an IT friend of mine try to do it for me, and he gave up after a couple hours of trying some different approaches.

So, no need for you to get all pissy when some of us have legitimate reasons for waiting for Six Launcher.

Some of us have issues doing manual install for one reason or another. Myself and another friend of mine both cannot launch Combined Operations without the use of Six Launcher, no matter WHAT we try.

So, for some of us, it's not that we can't INSTALL it manually, but it simply will not RUN manually. Period. Even had an IT friend of mine try to do it for me, and he gave up after a couple hours of trying some different approaches.

So, no need for you to get all pissy when some of us have legitimate reasons for waiting for Six Launcher.

Use DayZ Commander to launch.

Edited by Shniva
  • Like 2

You're doing something wrong dude.

• Like 1

That's just it. There's 6 of us who play. We all did the same freaking thing, it worked for 4 people, not all of us. We tried other methods that came to mind, and as I said I had a friend of mine who's good at fixing shit like this (Stuff not running, or running incorrectly, etc.) and he (who also plays) couldn't figure it out either. So, I've given up on getting it to work on this machine at the present moment.

I'm not complaining that I can't update (I'm perfectly fine with not updating, the regular servers I play on are all still on .4 - no rush here), I simply cannot stand the fact that some people think that just because something works for them means it HAS to be a solution for everybody. Then again, my system has been running funny since I got windows 7. Took a year for me to be able to install Skype, and I haven't been able to use TeamSpeak at all. Even Rosetta Stone doesn't work properly on this pc when I had installed it on my OS drive - works on my storage drive just fine. I think I need a new HDD, and a fresh install of Win7, but since I lost my job in Feb, money's way too tight to warrant a purchase like that.

Also, for the record, I use the Six Launcher only to launch the game, I don't use the server join thing, cause I find it inaccurate at best.

So, what I'm getting at is that it's not that I"m doing it wrong, cause I've done everything a half dozen times at least (aside from complete reinstall, only did that once) and it still doesn't work. I'm also not saying it's the game's fault, or the mod's fault, or even that it's Joe Shmoe's fault in Jersey. All I'm saying is that SOME of us cannot get it to work regardless of "solutions" that are available. In my case, I'm 90% certain it's my 10 year old Hard Drive. So please don't be so quick on saying that someone's done it wrong. :)

On another note, from a few pages ago, someone mentioned:

well, i think the artifacting doesn't happen from the beginning of a session...no matter what settings are used...

today i was running around in balota with everything turned up to the max and there had been no artifacts at all...a few days ago i couldn't play there at all...

so i guess it depends on how much ram and/or vram (16gb/3gb in my case) is available and how much time it takes to fill it up.

last time i had those i had been playing for a few hours before i got somewhere close to dead soldier models and it got worse when i enabled anti aliasing (and therfore filling up vram even faster)...thus ppl with less ram/vram are prone to get artifacts earlier or from the get go...

this reeks of memory leak...

this could explain the differing degrees of affectation of different pc configs and mitigation when disabling certain memory hogging features (like fsaa) and why flushing sometimes helps removing them for some time...

maybe since 1.7.2.4 the mod tapped some capability of the engine it didn't before or in a way that the engine was not supposed to be used.

so either the beta needs to be fixed or the mod does need to cease using whatever feature causes that...

beta: 95883 (is it as bad with the more recent versions? didn't have time to test those yet...)

mod: 1.7.2.5

specs are attached

ps: i don't claim to know anything. it's just a theory and if it has been brought up already i'm sorry, but i won't read 94 pages just to make sure it is not redundant... :P

My buddies and I also believe it is a memory leak issue, as when we logged in (first time in the day) at one of the affected areas, it doesn't occur for most of us (One of our guys is using a very old vid card that only has 512mb vram iirc) for the rest of us (using 1gb+ vram) if we log in the first time at one of those areas, we're good to go most of the time. As long as we don't get teleported to the beach at kamenka when we log out at the NWAF. That has happened four times today :( I also noticed that it gets progressively worse the longer you play. If you run into it within an hour or two of playing, it's got artifacts, but it's still playable if you're careful, and point your camera straight up or down (and don't have to shoot anything!). After about 4-6+ hours of play, these white boxes start spazzing out all over and no matter where the camera is pointed, if you're within x meters, you can't see anything but epileptic squares and polygons.

BTW, we're on 1.7.2.4 because - as mentioned previously - not all of us can update. This is just my own non-professional experience and opinion on the matter.

Wire doesn't seem to cause problems till the 4-6+ hour range as well for me. Just the corpses from what I can tell.

Edited by Ipurgepeople

Yup, complete moron....[blablabla]

Ok....Let me explain it a little clearer...for a brainless guy like you! Sorry, don't take it personally. ;)

You have a PC ? Right ? Right!

With a keyboard ? Right? That's the funny thing with all the keys and letters on it, near your PC. Can you see it ? Ok! Good! ;)

Do you know "Searchmachines/Searchengines" like Google ? Gooooood! You're not as stupid as your last post suggests! :D

Here is something you could do alone already! At least I hope!

Todo for you: Search for "Arma 2 server statistics" or a string/query like that. Can you do that ? Comon, try it! Its simple and easy. I promise! ;)

If you have found some statistics ? Yes ? Than you will see, in the last 10 or 20 days there were on average 32.000 players online playing DayZ every day.

What we have until now is:

32000 players playing DayZ every day, that makes 320.000 players online on last 10 days! If you can't do a little mental arithmetic, take a calculator! ;)

Let us extrapolate to a month = 960.000 player online in the last 30 days. Including the players who log on every day...which are about 50% of all players (ID's)...but there are definitely more than 50% logging in every day AND there are some player who don't play DayZ since weeks or month, let's say perhaps about 15% of all players ID's.

We remember that for later. ;)

Can you fallow me ? I hope so! ;)

If we take 960.000 players playing DayZ in the last 30 DayZ (i argue that every id was logged in once in the last 30 DayZ!) and cut it in half because of the repeatedly counted players and add 15% for those who have not played for a while (960.000 / 15% = 144.000+)..then we get 624.000 unique ID's!

What we have now is: 624.000 ID's but this assumes that every second ID was logged in once in the last 30 days and we all can imagine that more than every 2nd ID was logged in in the last 30 days and considered the 15% have not played for a while.

So actually, the ID counter would be even lesser than 624.000 but if you want you can add 100k or 200k IDs more but be realistic ,you will never reach the counter on the frontpage! :)

And finally for you from yourself:

But this explanation probably was too hard on you.

Good bye...

BTW: I know my english isn't perfect...my major language ist german so please in this case have leniency - Thanks.

If there is any fallacy...please PM me because it's Offtopic.Thanks. ;)

Edited by J0K2
  • Like 2

That's just it. There's 6 of us who play. We all did the same freaking thing, it worked for 4 people, not all of us. We tried other methods that came to mind, and as I said I had a friend of mine who's good at fixing shit like this (Stuff not running, or running incorrectly, etc.) and he (who also plays) couldn't figure it out either. So, I've given up on getting it to work on this machine at the present moment.

Have you tried using Dayz Commander? I've found it way more reliable than Six Launcher for updating and launching the game. You can launch the game without joining a server from the options. You can also launch through steam and it actually works. :)

You're doing something wrong dude.

I bet his PATH system variable is corrupt.... :)

• Like 1

1.7.2.5 worked wonders to fix the ol' artifact glitches.

Their gone from NWAF, cherno, and the rest.

Annoyingly hacks are still there haha, but now everytime i try to join a server (after 1st connection), i get stuck at the loading screen with a bar.

Love the sound of the beach and crows.

My theory as to why Rocket and team haven't given us the new update: Rocket has ran out of fuel (booze), crashed somewhere (gutter), and is looking for his clothes so he can get back and help us!

My theory as to why Rocket and team haven't given us the new update: Rocket has ran out of fuel (booze), crashed somewhere (gutter), and is looking for his clothes so he can get back and help us!

Great theories.. but he is at the Gamescom in Cologne, Germany. It's very busy there so i doubt you will see him around until earliest on Monday