rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update

will inaccesable tents be inaccesable forever or can it be fixed?

I'm pretty sure that as soon as duping is fixed every char, tent and vehicle will be wiped out into the data nirvana. And then: everyone will start from scratch.

• Like 3

Loading in on the coast + stat restarts for me, I'd personally would love to keep 1.7.2.4 but all the servers are shifting to the new update which is killing the game

Can we just get the static corpses removed from the game? They don't do anything, they are unrealistic, and they are bugged.

• Like 3

Can we just get the static corpses removed from the game? They don't do anything, they are unrealistic, and they are bugged.

Gah! the "unrealistic" comment has seeped through.

Kill it with fire.

Btw, it's actually more realistic to see dead bodies everywhere than no bodies at all. If zombies were real, you think they'd just vanish when they're killed?...Not likely, kid. Other zombie games use it as a means of 'storytelling' without directly telling you in words what happened, or at the very least giving you some kind of atmospheric addition to just the wrecked city/towns. Take a look at L4D's commentary. You may learn a few things.

Edited by nethstar

I have updated all on my server and my client to 1.7.2.5 and have visited the NW Airfield and all seems fine to me. I really have not noticed anything about slower zeds but, their animations seem a little smoother.

EDIT: Tents nor vehicles do not save at all. they will only keep the items i had before the update in them and that is it

reverting back to 1.7.2.4

Edited by ArchAngel-7-

agree

In my last post, I was getting a lot of artifacts in military areas. kept on getting them (was playing on de1282) so I tried messing with graphics etc., just got worse. So I gave up, came back a few hours later, on same server...all artifacts cleared up. dead soldiers, barbed wire, all good. So no idea what's going on. Maybe server admin did some update? not sure.

So that's another 2 cents from me...hope you guys get it all sorted on your games too.

Good luck! :)

nethstar: Most people that play DayZ do not care about the bodies at all, realisticly or not they are causing big problems for many players and thus should be removed (as in hotfix) until we know everything is in working order. Then they can be added... or not.. I really wouldn't care because even when they are in working condition, they do absolutley nothing to my DayZ expirience.

I still encounter the same graphical glitches.

System:

8 GM RAM

ATI 5800 Series

Intel SSD HDD

Direct X10

Windows 7

Video:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_bCY65zbwY

Really happy about the release. Running Zombies are a lot easier to hit now. I got the feeling that hitting the body doesn't do as much damage as it used to though.

But I actually like that. Makes the game more challenging and more "realistic" within the whole Zombie-universe.

So although the update didn't solve the graphic issues I still like what's been implemented so far.

To anyone who wants to play 1.7.2.5 with Six Launcher:

Simply start Six Launcher

verify your files and then go to your arma 2 OA folder and into the /@DayZ/addons folder.

Replace the files in there with the 1.7.2.5 files and you can use Six Launcher to join servers that are running the new update.

You probably have to do that again once you close Six Launcher though.

Regarding the glitches: if you encounter a graphic glitch try pressing Shift and minus on the numpad and type flush.

This always worked for me.

I see that people still report artifacts, I didn't played 1.7.2.5 yet but I was thinking:

maybe Rocket could just REMOVE the dead soldier objects??

I don't think we need it and its not adds so much to the game atmosphere but only artifacts...

Anyone else gettign absolutely terrible download speed on the torrent? Using utorrent here and am getting 0.5kb/sec.

eh?

In my last post, I was getting a lot of artifacts in military areas. kept on getting them (was playing on de1282) so I tried messing with graphics etc., just got worse. So I gave up, came back a few hours later, on same server...all artifacts cleared up. dead soldiers, barbed wire, all good. So no idea what's going on. Maybe server admin did some update? not sure.

I'm assuming you restarted the game when you "came back a few hours later". restarting the game is the 'fix' that works for most people

Edited by daze23

Anyone else gettign absolutely terrible download speed on the torrent? Using utorrent here and am getting 0.5kb/sec.

eh?

i'm seeding it... 3800+ seeders, 1500+ leechers on it... upload is 50 KB/s from me. So it looks healthy. But if you want alternative download, here you go : http://savedonthe.net/a/DayZ-1.7.2.5.zip

• Like 1

artifacts, but ocasionally, also, the humanity counter is bugged for me, it resets when i enter some servers

Send the staff a strongly worded letter. Thats your best bet of getting through to them. You don't accually think they read all this crap?

Dev1 - "Hey Any lets go "work" on dayz patch 1.7.2.6!"

Dev2 - "You mean play dayz for 8 hours and get paid?"

Dev1 - "Shhhhhhh man! Rocket will hear!........but yeah. Lets go thunderdome some newblets"

Rocket - "Hey guys! Ready to "work"?

They do read it but if they can't fix it asap you think Rocket will come on here and say he can't fix it right now and then once you hear that you girls will flame him hard. Relax and play the game go kill some people till you can do your jump server looting at NW or Stary.

Edited by Pure

Had a helpful 'bug' yesterday though. Got glitched due to artifacts and barely made it to kill all the attacking zombies. Was down to 300 blood and made it 2 hours later to Berezino, crawled into the store and fed up at beans and co to 1500 blood. Finally vision got a bit better and MUCH less dropouts from time to time. Then real life kicked in and I decided to play more later on.

After logging into the game I was back to 12,000 blood.

The Hive is crap bro.. I know graphically the glitch sux, but who is going to play if tents aren't saving and cars are vanishing.

I think this update was mean't only for this weekend, and thats why Six hasn't updated.

Six is just a waste of time. I've been playing since Friday with the new patch. Manual install is the only way to roll.