rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update

I was getting the graphical glitches at first after updating (posted this earlier). Now on 1.7.2.4 and 1.7.2.5 I'm getting them very rarely after simply changing the Video Memory to Default in the Video Settings. They are not anything like they were and I can go into military areas again. If they do pop up using Shift - (num pad) and typing flush seems to cure it when they do come back for me. Hopefully this might help some others out there with the issue.

• Like 1

I have one problem. Don't know if it's connected to this update, but...

I was playing on 1.7.2.5 server and found dead survivor's body with M4A1 Holo, I had Lee Enfield, so I decided to take M4A1 Holo. Now each time I spawn on the serverm it doesn't matter if it's 1.7.2.5 or 1.7.2.4 I am teleported to spawn positions near the coast instead of the position where I logged off the game.

As I know M4A1 Holo isn't a cheater weapon(if I'm not making a mistake, M4A1 Holo SD is, not this one). Is there any way to fix this without buying a new Arma 2: Combined Operations? Because I can't really afford myself another 25$.

Thanks in advance for Your help.

I got this a few times also. (logged out in stary, logged in in ottmel...fffuuuuu...)

You don't need a new game, this patch just screwed a few things up it seems. We need to wait for the next one... :(

I got this a few times also. (logged out in stary, logged in in ottmel...fffuuuuu...)

You don't need a new game, this patch just screwed a few things up it seems. We need to wait for the next one... :(

That's kinda crappy...

Hoped to help my friend with his DayZ video. :(

Would that be -

Removing the player info from the log files so we can no longer track players who teleport or see if people are using hacked guns....

Apparently this was a priority over the hacking and duping etc...

I love this game/mod so much, but your shit attitude to server admins makes me want to pack it in and I know I'm not alone.

I was fucking wondering why my logs looked different and why I wasn't getting the same amount of information back. What the actual fuck Rocket?

• Like 2

Changelog:

* [FIXED] Graphical glitches with barbed wire (Rebinarized file should no longer produce graphical artifacts)

* [NEW] Additional optimizations to login process (further use of publicVariableClient to reduce network transmission)

* [FIXED] Graphical glitches with dead bodies (Rebinarized file should no longer produce graphical artifacts)

Seems like these 3 dont work. I know the graphical glitches are still here and the optimized login process seems like its less optimized

That's kinda crappy...

Hoped to help my friend with his DayZ video. :(

Sucks man...I'm sure they'll have it fixed soon though

Sucks man...I'm sure they'll have it fixed soon though

Yeah, the day before i was teleported to Wilderness and lost all of my items...

AS50, L85 and all equipment like GPS, NV Googles. If not Satchel Charge in my inventory I would've stuck there forever...

game was running fine now it wont load and the odd times that it did load it respawned me back on coast.....................will not get past loading now with 1.7.2.5 any suggestions?

(Sorry about the text, I'm not sure why it's like this :/) So I spawned on the shore and made my way back to my jeep and there was a pickup truck where the jeep normally is and right beside it was my jeep. Is this a spawning issue? I thought I read about that but didn't find anything in a search.

Edited by branzyme

it seems what ever they did with the patch not only did it affect spawning it affected loading as well 1.7.2.4 and 1.7.2.5 are broke... takes about an hour to get a server to play on that works

Changelog:

* [FIXED] Graphical glitches with barbed wire (Rebinarized file should no longer produce graphical artifacts)

* [NEW] Additional optimizations to login process (further use of publicVariableClient to reduce network transmission)

* [FIXED] Graphical glitches with dead bodies (Rebinarized file should no longer produce graphical artifacts)

Seems like these 3 dont work. I know the graphical glitches are still here and the optimized login process seems like its less optimized

All three work great for me. Go figure.

One of the biggest challenges of game development is optimizing so they perform in a consistent way across different hardware configs.

OK, so I am reading that many people are having issues with v1.7.2.5, I guess...

My Six Updater/Launcher has not given me the update as of yet, so I am still sitting at v1.7.2.4

However, it is taking FOREVER to join servers (both .5 and .4 version servers). So long in fact that I control+alt+delete to abort/close the game.

I have yet to join a server and from what I am reading, if I do manage to join a server, I will spawn at the coast with nothing...

So what the hell is going on??? Yes, I know I am running the older version but my six updater wont update and from what I am hearing, the new version is crap and those who are still on .4 are also feeling the effects of this update...

Please fix!! I want to play!!!!

I'm glad this worked for you and others you know. This does not work for me and others I know.

Several people have reported they have tried those options and it does not resolve the issue for them.

For the gentleman that suggested it would be fine to lock this thread if it weren't for some of the actual needed feedback being given, I say it's fine to lock it anyway. The actual place these issues should be reported is linked in the original post. I think Rocket leaves these threads open so the trolls who have no idea what's going on can feel special.

That was me...

As posted a bazillion times, I use an nVidia GTX 580 1GB GDDR5. Many of us still have artifacts with both 1.7.2.4 and 1.7.2.5 no matter what beta. It doesn't matter if I launch with manually, with Commander, or with SU. I have posted the screenshots proving all of this...and people like the fellow you replied to have done NOTHING. Anyone that has ever heard of Google and these forums already knows ALL of the tweaks and temporary fixes. Some people just don't get it...

It almost makes me hope for a stand alone closed beta... ^_^

the game should just go offline until a "stable"1.7.3 is released.

give everyone a chance to cool it for awhile and stop breathing down the dev's necks lol.

• Like 1

So far so bad ...

firstly:

The artifacts are still there!!! (You already know if you read the forum posts) made some nice screenshots in cherno, but no necessity to upload ... everybody loves them.

But i found out if you change video mem size (usually I use highest option) to default, sometimes it makes things straight so I guess it has more to do with the mem management then the barbwire or dead bodies. This works for my budies as well (I got ATI they got NVIDIA) this is just a workaround and an anoying either!

so

@ dev-staff: Please follow this ldea it might be worth the effort.

@ fellow victims of the death rays form hell please try this to verify that it is connected to memory usage of the game.

secondly:

the spawning issue: it seems if you switch servers which run different versions of the game and you log onto a server with 95883 afterwards, then you will spawn at the beach, which happened to me. From Airport to Kamenka how sad

Hope this helps

• Like 2

So far so bad ...

firstly:

The artifacts are still there!!! (You already know if you read the forum posts) made some nice screenshots in cherno, but no necessity to upload ... everybody loves them.

But i found out if you change video mem size (usually I use highest option) to default, sometimes it makes things straight so I guess it has more to do with the mem management then the barbwire or dead bodies. This works for my budies as well (I got ATI they got NVIDIA) this is just a workaround and an anoying either!

so

@ dev-staff: Please follow this ldea it might be worth the effort.

@ fellow victims of the death rays form hell please try this to verify that it is connected to memory usage of the game.

secondly:

the spawning issue: it seems if you switch servers which run different versions of the game and you log onto a server with 95883 afterwards, then you will spawn at the beach, which happened to me. From Airport to Kamenka how sad

Hope this helps

It is hard to call it anything at this point, ya know? I've tested a lot of alphas and betas, but I've never seen an issue like this that was as bad. I played for almost 48 hours, and I only played near barbed wire, dead military bodies, tents, and various military stuff. Sometimes the tweaks we all know about in the settings work, and sometimes they do nothing but make it worse. Lately, it only does it when I zoom into an area that has typical things that artifact. It is not as bad as it was, and varies quite a lot between servers. It even works fine with all of the settings maxed out. It has worked fine with all of the settings on low or default. However, it has also artifacted at times using the aforementioned settings.

Also, whoever mentioned manually changing your scene complexity to an abnormally low setting...I honestly think I'd rather avoid the artifacts rather than make it look like a PS1 game... :lol:

• Like 1

i havent and still dont get the vectoring or anything like that, just the little black blotches off in the distance. obviously i dont know the difference in configuration for all these systems, if there is a way to pinpoint this (why i dont get them and others do) i would be happy to provide any pertinent information.

i also spawn on the beach every time, no matter what. i only connect to servers that (claim to) match my versions.

yesterday i was watching elctro under a tree in a sniper suit, hearing gunshots down the hill the whole time. "(name) was killed" was pretty constant. couldnt see anybody. i saw one zombie aggro, then stop. then i started getting shot at. didnt know what it was at first, the guy couldnt hit me. was just single shots, like a semi. i just kept hearing gunshots then some strange noise that i havent heard before. after 5 or 6 shots i realized i WAS getting shot at and he must have been hitting the tree? what a retarded sound it was. i was able to get behind the tree, the shots stopped so i ran up the hill and did not stop running. a few seconds later all of a sudden i got blasted by a fully automatic weapon. the only way this could possibly happen in this situation is if dude teleported, or could run at least 4 times faster then me, judging from the distance he couldnt hit me and was using semi. i also know the terrain here, you cant just run up the hill that was below me. i never did see him. i dont care if i die, but if you are a shitty shot and this is the only way to get me, piss off. this was not legitimate.

-things will be different in stand alone-so what? stand alone is a ways off. i cant test a game if i cant do anything. there are some bugs that will not be found without proper testing, and with people teleporting themselves around, thunderdoming, starting half the map on fire, fake guns, and pretend vehicles, only the most obvious issues will be found. i guarantee there are issues that have not been found and wont be, because of these things.

i cant believe there is no way to either stop or catch people when they teleport, seems pretty elementary to me. wouldnt take much...

this is something debug forest should be for...

Edited by sivart

Maybe this patch doesn't fix all the issues but it's a step in good direction. Keep it up Rocket and don't mind haters/whiners. They are all spoiled kids. Keep it up!

DayZ Commander had it on Friday.

Oh my...tyvm! I don't really know if I should update though because: Pro=Nearly all servers have & Con=All this chatter about nothing being fixed and more being broken makes me weary to even update.

Thanks for the link though, either way.

Maybe this patch doesn't fix all the issues but it's a step in good direction. Keep it up Rocket and don't mind haters/whiners. They are all spoiled kids. Keep it up!

dude, the bad things need to be reported to be known and get fixed. some people are haters/whiners, but the majority of people on here seem to be doing their jobs. "spoiled kids" seems like a stretch.
  • Like 1