rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update

@ Sickboy

Its says on the front page '1.7.3 update available. But that explains it, thats quite nifty. I guess ill download PwS. I prefer automatic updates instead of manual.

Edited by vdam010

Can't see what people are complaining about. This patch gave lots of good fixes to the game, and less artifacting. (perhaps in 1/10 games I play, but a restart fixes it).

Thanks Rocket and staff :thumbsup:

Instances of artifacting havn't been reduced for me. They've also become harder to get rid of. But, I've already posted a bit of a heads up on that and informed whoever read it (if anyone) that it was the same case for 3 of my mates. That might be what people are complaining about.

@ Sickboy

Its says on the front page '1.7.3 update available. But that explains it, thats quite nifty. I guess ill download PwS. I prefer automatic updates instead of manual.

what's the exact url? cheers

I logged in an died, and I was previsouly at 12k blood and had svd camo, nvgs, rangefinder, gps etc etc... I know it is an alpha but I can't help but be disappointed in this update!

no offense here. but why did you even install it manually if already the first post says that this hotfix ist not jet final and a look on the first three pages of this thread reveals that the hotfix is not working as intended? you have been warned that people still have glitches/random spawns/loss of gear etc. so i really don't see the point in being disappointed about it. just report your bugs and help as you knew before what was going to happen.

most of the people who are installing this manually - including the people who are even saying that automatic update software like the SIX Updater is bad - and are complaining afterwards are missing the point here. you can download the new hotfix and install it and afterwards play the game - AND report the bugs. but keep in mind that there is a reason why it is not on SIX right now.

just sayin.

Edited by shao`teatime

All around Berezino hospital...

Approaching Berezino hospital:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/542935311978165900/CD069FA7130499D6073DF16AA01316FFC59778A8/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/542935311978159683/9BF243FC58CA7D40810E0BEB245A68790E7447DB/

Looking at a dead soldier:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/542935311978153532/1696D5045B60B6BF44E38B624E157FCF8A25F834/

Zoomed in, looking at the same dead soldier:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/542935311978156468/369207C6097933C3DD37A856F8021E7B1BF6E491/

Looking at two dead soldiers:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/542935311978149748/FF07056BF809E0C9E812907B480190C129620443/

Zoomed in looking at the same two dead soldiers:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/542935311978162646/FF134C15BEB5AC192EF283126B8DE63821F49D9D/

Mod installed using DayZ commander. Going to try a manual install later and see if that produces any different results.

Rig:

Phenom II X4 975 3.6GHz

8GB ram

HD 6870

Beta patch: 95883

1.7.2.5 feedback:

• Getting some graphics artifacts around Apt's in Cherno, seems to be mostly when I zoom in that kicks them off. Nothing too bad though. Played for a few hours last night and didn't get any around Electro/Cherno - wasn't up north though.
  • My character starts off with a headscarf on and humanity at -65,000 or so, then after approx 15mins I get moved from 3rd person view to 1st and when I go back to 3rd my character has changed to normal skin and humanity of 600. Happens every time I log in again and sometimes multiple times per session. The most recent sesison I played I lost my Alice pack when it happened.
  • Seem to be getting more random crashes than usual

Overall, still very playable in terms of FPS, Zombie pathing etc. Main annoyance is the character switching stuff.

Will keep trying out and get some screenshots...

Later :)

Six Launcher updated the beta patch to 95883 and left the mod v1.7.2.4 alone. I joined v1.7.2.4 95883 servers and was fine at first for maybe 2 logins. All of a sudden, I started spawning in different locations along the shore. I didn't mind the first couple of times and figured the servers would eventually sync to where I was. I was right for about 3 more logins. On the 3rd login, primary weapon(M4A1 CCO SD), secondary weapon, all of my tools including NVG, GPS, Rangefinder and my whole backpack(had L85A2 AWS, 2 NVGs and other items for survival) just disappeared. The only items I had left were the items in my main inventory(ammo and camo clothing) and the secondary slots(pistol ammo and bandages). I was shocked to see my items were all wiped from the hive. I figured this was a glitch so I logged out and logged in again only to see that I was also spawned in another location. I tried several more times and still my items were missing and I kept spawning in different locations. It was so frustrating to learn that all of my items were wiped off the hive and I couldn't do a thing about it. I'm up to Day 16 and have to start from square one just because I didn't manually update the mod to v1.7.2.5. That will be the last time I update only the beta patch w/ Six Launcher when Rocket doesn't include the mod version since it's only a weekend fix.

I tried rolling back the patches to see if it would fix the wipe of my items to no avail. I eventually updated the mod and beta patch manually to v1.7.2.5 95883, joined updated servers and everything seems to be working fine. Still ticked off that I had to start over from scratch just because the mod version update wasn't pushed along w/ the beta patch on Six Launcher. I hope the updates will be released together from now on or I will just uninstall Six Launcher and do everything manually for my own sake.

On a side note,

v1.7.2.5 & Beta 95883 feedback:

• Love the new zombie pathing. Zombie movement isn't erratic and retarded looking anymore.
  • At first, I saw artifacts as I was heading towards Berezino. A quick flush and I haven't seen anything since.
  • Ammo is still refreshing after logging back into server.

That's all that I have noticed so far w/ the new updates.

Edited by FRIENDLY SURVIVOR

Sounds like the perfect time for me to go there then since no one listens to my tips on fixing it. I shall enjoy yet another week of NO glitching anywhere on the map since I found the fix for Nvidia users. Happy looting

Wait....so after all that talk about "NO GLITCHING FOR ME", we find you haven't even been anywhere near the locations people have said to have seen it at excessive rates.

Please tell me you didn't spawn on the shore and after 2mins of standing still thought it was fixed.

All around Berezino hospital...

Approaching Berezino hospital:

http://cloud-2.steam...1316FFC59778A8/

http://cloud.steampo...5A68790E7447DB/

Looking at a dead soldier:

http://cloud-2.steam...157FCF8A25F834/

Zoomed in, looking at the same dead soldier:

http://cloud-2.steam...021E7B1BF6E491/

Looking at two dead soldiers:

http://cloud.steampo...0190C129620443/

Zoomed in looking at the same two dead soldiers:

http://cloud.steampo...8DE63821F49D9D/

Mod installed using DayZ commander. Going to try a manual install later and see if that produces any different results.

Rig:

Phenom II X4 975 3.6GHz

8GB ram

HD 6870

Beta patch: 95883

Confirming that soldiers cause the glitch wires used too, just the dead human soldiers though, not zombie ones.

Are these reports of glitches all on the latest beta?

Ive had no glitches whilst remaining on beta 95417, whilst playing on 1.7.2.5 . Has anybody tried rolling back their betas to see if they get glitch free. Just curious. Other firends of mine still have the glitches but they have ran the latest beta patch provided via 6 launcher. I installed manually both using torrent and the beta exe file.

...and a few more undocumented changes...

[FIX] Coastal Loading: Have increased the frequency of random coastal spawns for existing characters from once in a great while to every other login or so.

[FIX] Zombies now ignore players sprinting around them within a 10m meter radius when not in direct line of sight, but will now aggro from 250m out if players are within line of sight even if the player is prone and making no noise.

[FIX] Loading Times: Have found the issue that allowed players to load into the game within five minutes; should now take 10-15 minutes as originally intended.

[NEW] Empty Inventory: When randomly loading existing characters on the coast, the loading algorithm now also has a random chance to load existing characters with a completely empty inventory. This should balance out tents and vehicles that don't save / or delete items on server restarts.

[NEW] Wildlife Apparitions: Dead wildlife from past DayZ gaming sessions will taunt players by re-enacting their gruesome deaths only to disappear as players approach.

• Like 3

Oh... One other very odd thing that may or may not be related to the new update...

Shortly after those screeenshots I linked were taken, we took a look around the section of Berezino which is closer to the coast. I got my legs broken and knocked out. Partly by a gate, and partly by the aggroed zeds who were chasing me through said gate.

While I was unconcious, I had the "session lost" message appear on my screen. A few seconds later, the server having gone "nope" at me for some unknown reason, the guy I who was with me went "uhh... Joe, just got a message saying you died, and your body is right infront of me." over TS.

Little bit confused by this. Never had a server throw me off before, unless the server outright crashed... And I didn't think it was possible for someone to die while not actually connected to any server at all...

Edited by Dramatic Exit

Alright, I played with the new patch 1.7.2.5 and latest beta. We went from NE airfield to NW airfield, passing Devil's Castle. When we approached NW airfield, I got the glitch, though not as bad as it used to be. It just filled the sky, and it was much smaller; just around the things which caused the graphics glitches. A new glitch came though; it was a white one; looking like snow. Sourcing from destroyed tanks, as far as I was able to see it.

The new zombie behaviour is awesome though.

Maybe I'm not paying enough attention, but the zombie behavior has been the same as before for me. Am I the only one?

CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable FBPhotoZoom

I almost never saw graphical glitches, now i see them on every server (with latest updates), i was at balota airfield and went to berezino.

Intel i7 950 @ 3.07 GHz

Win 7 64 bit

gpu: HD 6870

8 gb ram

arma beta patch: 95883

dayz: 1.7.2.5

--------------------------------

I dont know if someone reported this already: if you go on server with no latest updates and back to one with latest updates, you will be spawn on the coast. Saved me from Skalisty island, where i was stucked without a boat, lol.

Any advice how to get rid of graphical bug? Its almost unpleyable for me in towns...

Everything else is working ok for me. Nice patch

edit: i flushed the memory and nov seems to be ok :)

Edited by Mark Starkiller

Sorry if this has been said already but reading through 68 pages is abit much :)

Our server got updated to this update. We had a UAZ, after server was back up we drove it to pick up a group member on the coast. After picking him up we realised the in game time zone had reset so server admin restarted server with correct setting.

After logging back in our UAZ had turned into a Pickup and now after every restart the UAZ disappears and respawns to the road we originally found it. The gear saved inside the vehicles dont actually save now aswel, just returns to the original gear we had prior to updating.

After hours of testing and passing out at my desk, I did a complete reinstall of EVERYTHING lol. I was leaving the tents in Stary Sobor, and my friend said he wanted to check the grocery store. I kept a lookout on a hill, and I got artifacts once I scoped in with my M14 AIM.

Basically, after more than a day, I've finally got some artifacting still appearing.

2qG67.jpg?1

I have not read the entire thread, so bare with me. Did this update affect the Zombies? They seem more aggressive to more alert to gun fire? Also, there seems to be a whole lot of more of them that spawn. I like these changes that I've seen, but I was wondering if it was just me or if this was an actual change.

I have not read the entire thread, so bare with me. Did this update affect the Zombies? They seem more aggressive to more alert to gun fire? Also, there seems to be a whole lot of more of them that spawn. I like these changes that I've seen, but I was wondering if it was just me or if this was an actual change.

It appears to be an actual change. There're more, and more violent, i.e. do more damage/break your bone faster (unsure).

And they run a little slower and more consistently. It's easier to hit them.

i launched a server with 1.7.2.5 /95885 and did some testing

the test worked quite well in a location with no GFX bugs we deployed one barbwire no bugs but as soon as we dropped another we got the bug but only if the two wires overlapped

this my help or may not