rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update

I'm probably going to be playin 1.7.2.4 until SU hosts the updated version. I've been tinkering with various launchers and installations and mod directories and pathing and battle eye for most of the week. I finally got comfortable using SU, and it has been allowing me to switch between DAYZ and ACE/ACRE servers flawlessly.

But seriously, thanks for the input and support! It's always nice to see people in the community being helpful!

Anytime I can help those that need it, I honestly don't mind. SU is a great tool, but I think some people just still don't understand that the reason it hasn't been pushed out is because Rocket is aware of the recurring graphical issues.

Yeah I've pretty much been getting artifacts since the whole thing started. Not even once have I been lucky and not gotten them. Though, I have a hunch about something that may be correlated with the varying amounts of artifacting people are getting. The few people who I've seen post both having little to no issues with artifacting, as well as giving their specs, seem to have one thing in common - they all have 2gb graphics cards. And since I have a 1gb AMD 6870, I am wondering if there is something to this, or if it's just a coincidence!? Beats me.

I'm running Windows Ultimate 64-bit, 32GB DDR3, GTX 570 1GB GDDR5, and an OCZ Vertex II SSD. I haven't had the graphical issues since early yesterday (...shortly after 95883), but I know they will show up for me eventually. My friend is having graphical issues on the same server that was fine for him an hour ago lol...

It almost feels like the more times that I have to do a "work around" fix on the graphics, then it becomes less successful over time in regards to stopping the artifacts. You notice that at all?

Realistically, it is those individuals who forgive practically everything that are stunting the development of this mod.

"ITS AN ALPHA YOU'RE A TESTER OMG OMG" - this is the kind of mindset that allows the development team to become complacent with what they have.

If DayZ is to succeed as a retail game, forgiving game-destroying bugs is ridiculous. Are you people sheep?

The development team is more focused on putting in dogs than fixing these bugs that make the game unplayable.

• Like 1

I still get artifacts with the new patch. Also having problems with vehicles saves. They seem to have their gear wiped each server reset and they always want to end up in the exact same place before the update.

Realistically, it is those individuals who forgive practically everything that are stunting the development of this mod.

"ITS AN ALPHA YOU'RE A TESTER OMG OMG" - this is the kind of mindset that allows the development team to become complacent with what they have.

If DayZ is to succeed as a retail game, forgiving game-destroying bugs is ridiculous. Are you people sheep?

The development team is more focused on putting in dogs than fixing these bugs that make the game unplayable.

No one likes the bugs you imbecile. However, instead of bitching about it, we put on our big boy pants and try to test the game with as many different variables as possible. You, on the other hand, are just a waste of space. It is people like you that don't help the progress of this mod.

Some of us actually try and help resolve the issues seeing that this is an alpha test... :rolleyes:

• Like 6

Holy snappin duck shit, just logged into a different server today, I normally hit the login OK button, then go to the shops, go to work, do some overtime and then by the time I come back home its normally just logging in. NOT THIS TIME, it was nearly immediate, Ive never had that ever. Also, absolutely no glitching, I dont understand ?, is this a server related issue?

Getting artifacts too, Berezino and NW airfield both giving issue with dead bodies. The glitch doesnt appear to have moved from the previous patch as the issue was happening in the same locations both times.

Yes everyone else has said this before me, but its always nice to feel your being heard.

Still loving this mod though!

Keep up the great work rocket! :)

No one likes the bugs you imbecile. However, instead of bitching about it, we put on our big boy pants and try to test the game with as many different variables as possible. You, on the other hand, are just a waste of space. It is people like you that don't help the progress of this mod.

Some of us actually try and help resolve the issues seeing that this is an alpha test... :rolleyes:

And you see - this is why people like you do not help the community. You resolve to name calling immediately when the hard facts are presented.

You are 'testing the game with many different variables'? What - how many artifacts you get on the screen at once?

Tell me - how are you trying to resolve the issues in this alpha test?

• Like 1

And you see - this is why people like you do not help the community. You resolve to name calling immediately when the hard facts are presented.

You are 'testing the game with many different variables'? What - how many artifacts you get on the screen at once?

He's just a random Rocket Fanboy, there's really no part in trying to argue with him. You hurt his ego when you attacked the shoddy game he paid 20 dollars for, and so he couldn't help but lash out and resort to name calling. Typical sheep.

Confirmed that tents DO NOT save their contents. Even tents placed pre 1.7.2.5 are not saving their contents.

I've tested 1.7.2.4 and 1.7.2.5 with every beta that has been released between 95417 and 95883. I've done this on Windows 64bit and 32bit. I am currently doing a fresh install of Steam and all of the ARMA and DAYZ stuff. I've frequented the places where the graphical errors are most prevalent. I've recorded video and taken screenshots, and sent in bug reports as any tester should.

What have you done besides be a hypocritical troll? You get mad about getting called a name, yet you call everyone a sheep?

Oh, and what have you done? :facepalm:

EDIT: If it weren't for the few people that are actually testing and trying to help others, I'd wish for this thread just to be locked.

Edited by TyRobot

Deleted all the old mod files from the DayZ "addons" folder, Done a full, Fresh install of all the new v1.7.2.5 mod files provided from torrent link in the OP, Running the latest v95883 ARMA 2 beta patch & im still getting graphical glitches from dead bodies around STARY SOBOR that are so bad it makes the game unplayable for me. :(

Ive tried messing with the memory settings in-game, Ive tried messing with the HDR in-game & ive tried changing the AA in game ... Nothing helps.

Yeah I am still getting the artifacts near balota airstrip and the deer stands across the road, but I think it may have been that I was on a server that wasn't updated yet. Most likely that is the case, I'll check again if I can find a low ping updated server.

Also, every time I was logging on (not just me, two of my friends had this happen) I would log in somewhere along the coast, even if I logged out in the middle of the map. Not sure if this is also related to the outdated server as well.

But love the update, I wasn't expecting it at all so I was excited to see it up!

Just my two cents.

EDIT: I did a complete reinstall of the mod via the torrent download, and running the latest beta patch.

Edited by Sam Entropy

You hurt his ego when you attacked the shoddy game he paid 20 dollars for

All due respect but ARMA II works fine, That is what he/you paid the £20/$20 .... The DayZ mod is free, It annoys the hell out of me when people say this crap!

I paid £24.99 four months back just to play this mod, Shit ive never even played ARMA II yet but ive played DayZ almost every night for 4 months ... Well up until the recent graphical glitches made it impossible for me to play. I'm also intelligent enough to understand that DayZ is a FREE mod for ARMA II.

This give me/us no right to complain or bitch at Rocket & his team! ... As soon as we buy the stand alone game then we me have the right to bitch if our PAID for game is fucked!

Sorry for taking the thread off topic this shit just annoys the hell out of me! ... This so called "I paid £20/$20 for a mod/game that don't work" attitude!

Edited by ATOJAR
  • Like 4

Deleted all the old mod files from the DayZ "addons" folder, Done a full, Fresh install of all the new v1.7.2.5 mod files provided from torrent link in the OP, Running the latest v95883 ARMA 2 beta patch & im still getting graphical glitches from dead bodies around STARY SOBOR that are so bad it makes the game unplayable for me. :(

Ive tried messing with the memory settings in-game, Ive tried messing with the HDR in-game & ive tried changing the AA in game ... Nothing helps.

Same here...at a certain point it seems like none of the old fixes work anymore. Even with SU and Commander uninstalled, it still messes up from time to time, but I guess I've just been lucky on these two servers I've played on so far...

I haven't had anything artifact since last night.

EDIT: @ATOJAR: Yeah, and apparently it is impossible for someone to have enjoyed ARMA and DAYZ? :lol:

Edited by TyRobot
  • Like 1

Think ill quit playing until the graphical glitches are fixed, I mean i love this game but i just can go to any decent military looting locations in the games present state. :(

Yeah, everything is wonderful as long as you don't go near anywhere where there might be half decent loot...Besides chopper crash sites (that mostly seem to have FN FALs, which are bringers of death!).

Btw is this the new "hero skin" added in this patch?

I just found this picture on google,so not sure.

e8sTx.jpg

Edited by Hombre

The server hosts are 50% of the problem. They update or dont update their servers and they update/dont update their server descriptions. Good luck trying to find a server that is actually labeled correctly. The waiting at loading is caused by you not having the same version as the server runs. This is also the cause for you spawning on the coast randomly. People just need to do their jobs and update their servers and descriptions and that would eliminate 50-60% of the problems people are having currently.

• Like 1

they should just roll out the patch on SU

people are getting artifacts either way. and so many servers have updated

So is there a reason I can't seem to find any server in the US anymore? Found a bunch yesterday and had zero artifacts from every place except Starry and NW Airfield, which I had yet to raid. Hit Balota, Cherno, Elektro, Berezino and no artifacts at all.

Its simple, just undo what they did before these graphical bugs happened; Or remove the models completely untill the are working correctly. I can't help but get the feeling the devs are sitting around jackin' off. At least damned battle eye gives us updates on hackers. Battle eye may be crap but at least they are informing us.

• Like 1

Its simple, just undo what they did before these graphical bugs happened; Or remove the models completely untill the are working correctly. I can't help but get the feeling the devs are sitting around jackin' off. At least damned battle eye gives us updates on hackers. Battle eye may be crap but at least they are informing us.

Battleye hasn't done that much imo. I've never been hacked in DayZ, but takistan life is always getting hacked still lol.

But whys can I not have unlimited ammo? It makes it very hard to use my AS-50 :(. I will have to drop it soon for a crappy AKM :(

survivors around the world rejoice rare guns may be rare once again

please rocket get rid of the artifacting , i can now loot the NW airfield blind, no joke both bunkers and the firehouse \ control tower with basically no visibility just using markers for navigation, please not another week like this people cant play the game

It would seem so to someone without any knowledge of software development process. In many cases a regression bugs are not caused by a single change and the root cause is hard to find. Blindly reverting things instead of figuring out what broke it and why blocks actual progress on the project. When you're testing something under development, there will be regression, new bugs, etc. They get investigated and resolved after a proper fix (or a series of fixes) is found. Also quick and dirty fixes quite often introduce other bugs. Patience is a virtue also in software development.

just my 0.02

• Like 1

This update causes explosive diahrea, and untold amounts of anal leakeage.

Just an FYI.

Come back in a few days.

1 day suspension +3 day PPS.

Edited by Boneboys
  • Like 1