rocket

Disconnecting to avoid death

* Landmines make them as common as tin cans. No one will complain.

We already have those.

They have eyes, ears and are mobile and pack a mean punch, also known under their more populair nicknames Zeds, Zombies or infected.

* Sparse Bears and Wolves in the woods that attack and can be killed for special meat that restores more then 800 blood would be swell.

* Add some sort of ghillie tarp to throw over and better hide parked vehicles.

* Some kind of quick wave emote or gun lowering mechanic to show (or trick) fellow survivors that you are friendly.

* C4 Make it rare enough and being killed by it will be an honor.

* Parachutes' date=' Reusable and slightly less rare then night vision goggles.

* Bicycles with space bar bunny hop functionality.

* Landmines make them as common as tin cans. No one will complain.

[/quote']

This:D

(But not Landmines and bicycles's bunny hop!)

LANDMINES?!? every barn i walk into i see myself exploding, no thank you.

I would say no to landmines since they would be one hit kill. If it just injures- player bleeds, breaks leg,...that's fine with me,...just no instant death.

I would say no to landmines since they would be one hit kill. If it just injures- player bleeds' date=' breaks leg,...that's fine with me,...just no instant death.

[/quote']

I think the guy might have been taking the piss on the landmine thing...

Today I get shot from a Bandit,...but how,...I shoot him down after he shoot at me,...he fall down and dc (was not death) after a 1min or less he recon. and killed me,... -_-

I think chars. should stay for a min or 2 in the game after dc. So you have to get a save place to dc. : /

Could rocket make it so that the logout timer doesn't occur when the player doesn't reconnect themselves (by clicking Disconnect or pressing Alt+F4)?

I don't think there's any way the game will be able to differentiate between someone pressing ALT+F4 and their internet going down.

Actually it's probably possible' date=' when you hit alt-f4 you can see that the screen shows 'Shutdown...' (at least when you're stuck in an infinite loading).

It shouldn't be very hard to implement a system that checks if the person exited the game or if the client was disconnected because no more data was being sent.

If mIRC can separate the two, I'm thinking a modern game can too.

[/quote']

You could tell, but then people would just create programs that simulated getting dropped from the server or they would pull the plug or reset their router.

They need to add a 1min stuck in game. After DC. If you get screwed over because you play on wireless and lose connection or power goes out, or whatever. To bad. Bad luck is in fact, bad luck.

while i dont condone disconnecting to avoid death in most cases with the number of bugs that can cause death sometimes its needed, ive encountered a bug a few times where im unable to run from zombies, my character started to walk even when im trying to run and have had to disconnect so the zombies dont utterly tear me apart i think its been addressed now but there was a few times i had to disconnect because i was trying to funnel the zombies into a small shack and had to disconnect because they were hitting me through the walls instead of comein in the door. dont take all this as complaining im just useing these as examples to explain why sometimes i might be needed, i realize its an alpha right now, im just wondering if some of these issues will be taken care of before the disconnect kill is implemented. also with as little description as there is about servers sometimes i find myself disconnecting from 5 to 10 servers in a 20 min period just find one thats to my liking ex: no tags, no maker for your character on the map, no crosshair, while most servers do describe abit what there like theres no way to tell the finer details of the server, is it day or night, and just connecting to servers sometimes can be difficult in and of itself. also without nightvision it can be downright hard to play in the dark will this be adressed eventualy?

They need to add a 1min stuck in game. After DC. If you get screwed over because you play on wireless and lose connection or power goes out' date=' or whatever. To bad. Bad luck is in fact, bad luck.

[/quote']

Man... 1 min is too much.

30 seconds is a bunch of time when we are talking about shootout and "run from zombies".

With 10-30 secs delay, ppl that dc to avoid death will be screwed and ppl that got accidentally dc'ed would not be so harmed.

yes please add 1minute stuck in game when DC it very annoying just one shot near them GONE even i headshot them down and murder count they still GONE ( and join another server run into safeplace and comeback again ) and the next thing i see ( fking coward disconnected......)

This stuck in game thing seems like a bad idea. If I have to go to the bathroom while being chased by a horde my only options will be to piss myself or die.

maybe this will prevent from d/c

dayz_server file should have new build-in battle eye like system.

if it possible to make dayz read the server log or something like this in real time so it will monitor.

- if player disconnecting check if he received damage in last 10-20 sec

- if disconnected when sprinting

- if disconnected 10-20 sec after shooting

- if murder/humanity count increased/decreased 10-20 sec before the disconnect

this for now, hope its possible to code this conditions

My two friends and I just experienced this first hand for the very first time, and it annoyed the shit out of us. We outflanked and shot someone in the hills east of the powerplant in Elektro, then when he was down on the ground and bleeding, he disconnected instantly and over the course of 10-15 minutes continued to reconnect and disconnect to the server.

Some of his clan members (K.R.I.T) came to his rescue, and we shot AND downed another 2 of them, but similar to the first they abused this system and avoided death. Finally, the first one we had shot reentered the game and we were able to kill him before he could disconnect and thus gained some loot (although very little compared to what we could've had)..

Honestly, it was simply a very distasteful thing to do. Especially considering that these were ALL members of the same clan, I would have expected that they would have tried to kill legitimately or at least sucked it up and taken it like a man.

In a way, I get it. The one person we were able to loot had a shitton of gear. Military grade sniper rifle, silenced M9, rangefinder, GPS and more. But man, it was 10-15 minutes of pure frustration over these scumbags trying avoid death. Fuck 'em.

I'm not totally into the whole "too many disconnects and connects = bad things happen to your character", as we have had some trouble connecting to servers sometimes. But a short timer, perhaps 10-20 seconds when trying to disconnect, sounds very reasonable.

Is there a specific reason why someone who disconnects when under fire reconnects back to the same server?

I have experienced this serveral times when shooting other players, surely if the disconnect was a means to avoid death why reconnect back to the same server while I could still potentially be there, why not goto a different sever entirely?

Is there a specific reason why someone who disconnects when under fire reconnects back to the same server?

I have experienced this serveral times when shooting other players' date=' surely if the disconnect was a means to avoid death why reconnect back to the same server while I could still potentially be there, why not goto a different sever entirely?

[/quote']

they log onto another server move behind where the person shooting was log back in to where they first logged out and then shoot u in the back.

He asked why they reconnects in the same place. It's because they doesn't change the server, they only click "abort" to come back, believing that the enemy is gone ... and yes they have probably only 0.5% of brain working of a normal humans, so in other words the answer is: because they are stupid.

if you have a 20 second disconnect timer, you will also need a 20 second connect timer to avoid duplication issues.

He asked why they reconnects in the same place. It's because they doesn't change the server' date=' they only click "abort" to come back, believing that the enemy is gone ... and yes they have probably only 0.5% of brain working of a normal humans, so in other words the answer is: because they are stupid.

[/quote']

My god, is there any hope left for the human race! I thought there was something going on I didn't know about rather than someone actually being that stupid

5 seconds your body stays in the server.

Thats how simple the solution needs to be.

Hi guys,

i think ill be ranted, but truth is allways solution.

I was watching dawned choper for a while, and saw 4 dudes coming for it. They shot all zombies and the started looking for loot. There was camo guy with DMR and he saw me in woods like 400m away. I never shoot first and this time was like no other.

That dude took a shot and missed, the team turned to me and stated shooting. They agro all zombies from near tawn, and all shit goot loose. I was in that tawn before, so these zombies where runing on my pc. Team was shooting zombies and advancing, i was returning fire. And then there was such a lag, these guys started to teleport in that f* field like crazy. I decidet it was unfier and uncertain situation so i loged of. Waited 5-10min for them to clear zombies, and loged in. The team was turned backs to me and going back to dawned choper. There was no lag and I had a clear shot on them but i dint take that.

So not in all sitautions you are wrong logging of, in my opin. It is state of mind, and matters how you play after.

Would it be possible to do some/all of the following?:

- Players can't disconnect while unconscious / bleeding or a prompt comes up saying disconnecting now would end in death

- Have a timer to disconnect which counts down (similar to some MMOs while in combat)

I guess the above doesn't stop Alt - F4ers, which leaving your body behind for 20secs would fix.

But yes, agreed, this is quite annoying. I knocked out a guy (in self def naturally, he was coming right for me) with a coyte backpack and NVG, but he d/ced before I could kill him :'(

In Planetside there was a 30-60 second countdown timer to disconnect, a box would pop-up in the middle of screen if you tried moving it or anything it would abort the disconnect and if 1 bullet grazed or if you took any damage the timer would be aborted. If you moved or clicked your mouse the timer aborts and you have to restart it again via ESC>Disconnect. If you ALT-F4 your body stays on the server for 60 seconds till someone kills you.

It worked very well. This will pretty much stop people from disconnecting to avoid death.

anyone else think such a system is good (It encourages disconnecting in safe areas and not hostile areas)