rocket

DayZ Build 1.6.0 Rolling Update

My friends got a problem that when they try to join a server he gets disconnected straight away, Not sure why he said he gets a error that says somthing about Dayz_code hes redownloaded it a few times.

And herein lies my only issue with the whole 'one time choice' option.

Don't get me wrong now, I love the idea, and I never had any intention of choosing the female skin in the first place, but... There are guys out there who are going to choose the female skin. From this thread, I think I've come up with four reasons that should cover every choice to play as in a female skin.

1. You actually are a girl.

2. You're a guy, but you've always harbored a secret desire to be a girl.

3. You're a guy, but you want something to stare at besides the zombies on the horizon

4. You're a guy, and you're looking for something... 'different'

Now, obviously, the first reason is perfectly understandable. If you are a woman/girl, why wouldn't you leap at the chance to represent your gender properly? In a post-apocalyptic wasteland, I can fully respect the choice to play as a woman trying to tough it out amongst a veritable sea of desperate, sad, lonely men.

The second reason...well... I respect your lifestyle, honestly, I do. One of my best friends since fifth grade is homosexual, and I think no less of him for it.

The third reason...well, here we hit the shitter, don't we? If your only reason for playing is because you want to stare at a shapely arse all day, then all power to you. I'm sure that I, along with many of the more respectable members of the community, will think much less of you for it. That does include the women.

The fourth reason. Those of you saying that you are tired of playing as a man, that you've played as a man for over 100 hours, Do you really want to play as a girl for the next...well, forever? You will never, ever, according to rocket's post, get a chance to change back, so if you're looking for something...different... try and find it by doing something else

In regards to gender change.

I think that since this mod is heavily entrenched in realism and emergent gameplay' date=' we should allow gender change at any time. However; I believe we should also include the following stipulations.

1) The transitional survivor must regularly scavenge the hospital for the item "Hormone replacement chemicals".

2) During the "pre-op" stage of transition, the patient must change his player skin to the He/She model. (We may need to create a special skin for this; I'm thinking model would have maybe both a beard and long female-like hair)

3) At some point they must use combat knife/hacket to remove genitalia. This part of the process will cause severe blood-loss and potentially infection. At this point the player scream sounds and other noises will sound more shrill and ghostly. I will offer my own voice-talent in producing these audio recordings for use, I'll be going for a "Buffalo Bill" sorta thing.

4) Entire process of transitioning will take approximately 6 months real time.

Let me know if you wanna take this mod to the next level, Rocket.

[/quote']

I'm stuck on: waiting for response from the server, and then I had to leave. The windows of sex selection is not there. :(

500 Internal Server Error on download, must be full so I'll come back in a few hours XD

Any chances there will be a "zombie apocalypse urban ghillie suit"? Instead of twigs etc tied to it, tin cans and washing machines?

And herein lies my only issue with the whole 'one time choice' option.

Don't get me wrong now' date=' I love the idea, and I never had any intention of choosing the female skin in the first place, but... There are guys out there who are going to choose the female skin. From this thread, I think I've come up with four reasons that should cover every choice to play as in a female skin.

2. You're a guy, but you've always harbored a secret desire to be a girl.

3. You're a guy, but you want something to stare at besides the zombies on the horizon

Now, obviously, the first reason is perfectly understandable. If you are a woman/girl, why wouldn't you leap at the chance to represent your gender properly? In a post-apocalyptic wasteland, I can fully respect the choice to play as a woman trying to tough it out amongst a veritable sea of desperate, sad, lonely men.

The second reason...well... I respect your lifestyle, honestly, I do. One of my best friends since fifth grade is homosexual, and I think no less of him for it.

The third reason...well, here we hit the shitter, don't we? If your only reason for playing is because you want to stare at a shapely arse all day, then all power to you. I'm sure that I, along with many of the more respectable members of the community, will think much less of you for it. That does include the women.

The fourth reason. Those of you saying that you are tired of playing as a man, that you've played as a man for over 100 hours, Do you really want to play as a girl for the next...well, forever? You will never, ever, according to rocket's post, get a chance to change back, so if you're looking for something...different... try and find it by doing something else

[/quote']

What exactly is your issue with it? Let them play how ever they want.

2. You're a guy' date=' but you've always harbored a secret desire to be a girl.

[/quote']

I think you missed one

Sex sells. Especially well for bad guys posing as women in hopes of getting that extra edge when it comes to killing in cold blood

Guys are you having problems to get in to game?

I'm first stuck on Waiting for Server response ... and then I'm being spawned in to debug place.

I'm on 1.6.

Thanks.

p

With this update, the shoot first ask later is gonna be my way of playing. Not going to risk myself to be shot in the face by a bandit pretending to be a survivor.

With this update, the shoot first ask later is gonna be my way of playing. Not going to risk myself to be shot in the face by a bandit pretending to be a survivor.

Judging by the kind of behaviour some people here show around females' date=' this might actually be a very bad idea. I fear it might enforce sexism.

[/quote']

While I appreciate the good intentions behind this statement, I think it's important we remember that it's not a girls fault if a guy is sexist toward her anymore than it's an Asian person's fault if someone is racist toward her/him (and presumably ethnicity will be implemented at some stage, again to accurately reflect how people wish to identify themselves, and add to realism and stuff).

People being sexist or making rape jokes are the problem, not female skins. Let's not punish girls and let the misogynists off.

I don't know yet ..... I cant get to any 1.6 server .... even tho im on 1.6 version.

Always got to debug heaven.

With this update' date=' the shoot first ask later is gonna be my way of playing. Not going to risk myself to be shot in the face by a bandit pretending to be a survivor.

[hr']

Congratulation! You are the 1,000,000th person to make this statement!

With this update' date=' the shoot first ask later is gonna be my way of playing. Not going to risk myself to be shot in the face by a bandit pretending to be a survivor.

[hr']

I thought we passed that milestone ages ago.

No

also: I still have my bandit skin on (not that I care, I actually like it)

[hr']

Dont mean to sound offensive but... should I care? I said the same on the 1.5.9 discussion.

Turning into a bandit was some sort of blacklisting for premature triggerhappy people. It gave you at least a reason not to freak out instantly.

"blablablah, immersion, in real life bandits would be people like us... Implying that real life has not a smooth comunication, that you can't see how a person is reacting (body moves, expression), seeing if he's hungry and may kill you for food, and some sort of brain response delay known as lag in this virtual world"

The truth is that a survivor-esque player won't like to be a "bad guy" for a long time so he can be shot on sight by survivors. Yesterday i found a player. I did not stop moving, and neither did he (easy headshot if we do). We circled eachother continously aiming due to the lack of voice and we kept going our own way respectively. However I only gave him this benefit of the doubt because he was a survivor.

Knowing that from this point on everyone is equal, this benefit of the doubt turned from 50% to 10%, and since I'm not going to be blacklisted on the eyes of the other survivors modelwise, I can just finish off anyone that represents even the slightest risk.

All servers are "waiting for server response" I left it on an hour it still says it

There's a massive bug with tents as it stands right now. Even though you can't place them you can just spam the place tent button and keep walking until you are finally able to play the place tent animation and it either gets placed or gets put back in your inventory. This sometimes glitches which causes you to get a second tent in your inventory and if your inventory is full it gives you the ability to drop infinite amounts of tents because the tent will never disappear from your inventory.

Edit : Screenshot as proof -> http://i50.tinypic.com/15aeir.jpg

Thanks for all the hard work Rocket!