griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

Thread unlocked. I don't want to see anyone posting anything like;

"I paid for Arma 2 for nothing, what a waste. Give me DayZ for free!"

You bought a game for a free mod, that was the decision you made. By the time the standalone is released, you will have 2 games (Arma 2, DayZ) for less than the price of Skyrim.

People who fail to heed this warning will receive one.

Grumpy today? A bit like minority report....

• Like 1

so can we say this as a fact: game will not use arma3 engine, its gonna use its OWN engine and this one wont be the outdated arma2 engine?

Grumpy today? A bit like minority report....

If you had my job...
  • Like 8

This is great news! Congratulations rocket!

Only thing I'm bit worried about is the fact that the development of the standalone and the mod will continue simultaneously. For me, at least after the point where we can buy DayZ alpha, this seems like innecessary splitting of resources. I understand many people would be angry if the mod development was stopped, but on the other hand that would free up resources to make the standalone better and with the suggested "minecraft style" release plan with cheap alpha, that shouldn't be an issue with anyone.

And BTW I did buy Arma 2 and OA just for DayZ, but do I feel scammed? With over 100 hours played, NO! I've bought several 50€ games with a lot less playing value.

• Like 2

Can't congratulate you enough and wish you all the best (Rocket and the DayZ team). I'll be waiting for the first build to get it as soon as it comes out. The huge spectrum of possibilities this opens is just astounding. Hearing that we'll most likely play under the new Real Virtuality engine makes me really, really excited.

Goddamn awesome milestone, keep up the amazing work!

Hold your horses, the MOD didn't even make its way out of alpha and you want detailed details on the alpha and release on a standalone? Pushy, pushy! Let the man work!

what has the standalone to do with the mod's development status

they announced its gonna happen, i just need to know a rough timeframe, if its now until xmas, then im fine with that, anything more detailed would be awesome.

else i will esplode and universe will collapse.

Edited by Azrail

nice ;) looking forward

I think the engine can be confirmed, wouldn't be a big sectret as rocket already said he is playing around with the arma 3 engine, would just be a logical step to use this one

any chance to see on PS3 one day, maybe? :) im not a PC gamer, but i`ve seen many DayZ LP`s and yeah, i like it. :)

i have never payed for a game that is in alfa developement and not gonna start.

i have never payed for a game that is in alfa developement and not gonna start.

good thing this is in "alpha" development then ;) Edited by Griff
  • Like 6

good thing this is in "alpha" development then ;)

not realy... im gona play this "game" till release, if final version meets my expectations ill buy it.

Interview is from today

http://arstechnica.c...dalone-release/

EXCERPT:

But there will be some changes to playability brought on by the move from mod to game. Rebuilding from the ground up with the latest version of Bohemia's Real Virtuality engine (which was shown to great effect powering ArmA III at this year's E3) will also allow the standalone DayZ to have more diffuse nighttime lighting, rather than the practically unplayable near-pitch-blackness of the current mod.

just for ppl asking about the engine from this thread

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/64091-dayz-standalone-will-use-real-virtuality-4-engine/

Edited by Ashley

I'm bit worried the fact that the development of the standalone and the mod will continue simultaneously.

The mod "support" will continue. Doubt we'll see any development.

good thing this is in "alpha" development then ;)

he paid for ARMA 2:HW and OA and this is not in alpha status.

I don't understand why people dislike the current night?

I think it's good.

It's usually very good, I've only come across one or two areas (middle of woods for example), where it's so black you literally can't see in front of you etc.

I'd hate for them to 'fix' it by making it so you're actually a lot more visible/easier to see by other players.

It'd also lose some of the 'feeling' by losing that darkness...

I think it'd be fantastic to mix in some 'fog/mist' in certain areas, or maybe with weather changes if it's possible.

Very glad this is going standalone... I'll happily purchase it.

• Like 2

Standalone! Yeah! You'll get my beans now and my money later!

• Like 5

I will buy the game when it's realsed, if u fix this soon, "infinite evrything tent vehicle fuck up" and the "relogg come back in with full ammo bullshitt" I call it that and so it will be called.

Herpthederps makes sense.

Facts:

• DayZ is set to follow the Minecraft pricing and development model.

Does this also mean being able to run your own server as easy and like Minecraft did? Or are you still going with your current "server rules"??

Think alot of people are thinking about this :)

EDIT:

My opinion? I hope there are no more private servers. So much trouble from accusations of admin cheating, and admins not following the rules, and admins modifying the game.

I see what you mean, but by going standalone, isnt it much easier to "choose" and "control" admin acces? I mean, you guys can pretty much do what you want with it, when you get the "foundation" for the standalone game, or am i wrong?

Edited by Byrgesen

Does this also mean being able to run your own server as easy and like Minecraft did? Or are you still going with your current "server rules"??

Think alot of people are thinking about this :)

My opinion? I hope there are no more private servers. So much trouble from accusations of admin cheating, and admins not following the rules, and admins modifying the game.
  • Like 7

Great news. Specially the part about it staying with BIS.

Do we have confirmation that the Standalone will be on the Arma3 engine and not on the Arma2 engine ?

So far I have not seen this confirmed. All that has been said is that it will be standalone by DayZ team and BI.

Iron Front. was a mod that went standalone via BI aswell but used a none modifiable version of the Arma2 engine that had alot of nice tweaks. as far as I remember.

Nice promotion for Rocket though.. coder to Project Lead Congrats.