griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

Updated OP.

Dean will announce the engine DayZ is running on in the not too distant future

Customized ARMA 3 engine?

Edited by Griff

Question : Dayz Mod for Arma will continue after Dayz standalone released?

the question is. Will be the same servers? if not...this will descrease rating of people playing because some ppl will be on standalone and the other ones will be on Dayz Arma Mod...dunno if u get the point

"I paid for Arma 2 for nothing, what a waste. Give me DayZ for free!"

You bought a game for a free mod, that was the decision you made. By the time the standalone is released, you will have 2 games (Arma 2, DayZ) for less than the price of Skyrim.

I don't believe DayZ the standalone would have been given the greenlight if there wasn't a proven market for it. So really, this is thanks to the people who bought Arma2 for DayZ. These are your most devoted fans, treat them right eh?

• Like 3

Great News on the stand alone Project,

Just wanted to ask what this means for the mod, Will the Mod stop receiving support after the 1.7.3 patch ?

They said they will continue developing the mod at the same time

This is quite simply the best news ever for everyone involved. Rocket my friend i salute you good sir, major congratulations to you and the team, i hope now you can really reap the benefits of your fantastic game. I for one will gladly support its production, just tell me where i send my money and its done. I hope everyone gets behind this and supports you to the fullest ,as you and the Dayz story are a perfect example of what the game industry needs and gamers have answered with a resounding positive yes to your innovation. Free beans for everyone i think.......

• Like 1

Hope the night time will finally be fixed...

Btw, gratz guys, not that surprised though ;)

This is fantastic new for Dayz.

There's a lot of community questions incoming I'm sure!

Engine? Will it be ARMA 3's?

Speculative post

God I hope not. Day Z needs to be built on its own engine not an Arma hybrid or off shoot...how will that be any different than Day Z for Arma 2 now? Unless Rocket is given source codes (something he's yet to obtain) to modify as he sees fit. Zombie melees and with that player melee actions (among other things) need specific parameters. We've seen what Arma 2 can do with zombies and player melee...call me me ignorant, but everything I've read and heard is that the Arma 3 engine, isn't too far off from Arma 2s other than spiffy graphics and rag doll effects. (Read edit for corrections)

It's quite obvious that with the recent announcement of The War Z looking to launch around the fall, that the Day Z standlone is a subtle yet obvious spear head. May the best contender win, I'm rooting for Day Z, I stay true to my roots. I just hope considering how long Day Z mod has stayed in Alpha, the stand alone doesn't mimick its origins...time will tell, fingers crossed!

Edit - Reviewing the last pages posts, Griff confirmed that it won't be using an Arma 3 engine, but an off-shoot from the sounds of it. Again...keeping my fingers crossed. Keep it strong dev team!

Edited by Griff
  • Like 1

I'll remove that post. It's not exactly black-and-white.

I apologise, I fell for what was in the article.

Hopefully it will use a new map with less military weapons and more post apocalyptic feel to it. Chernorus is to tidy except from the wrecks. I want to see garbage, corpses, barricades, wrecks, burned out buildings, abandoned roadblocks, polluted areas and dead animals. AND NO DUPING BUG!

• Like 4

I'll remove that post. It's not exactly black-and-white.

I apologise, I fell for what was in the article.

All good Griff, I already edited my post to reflect your previous post. With such new, I can understand the rush to get the word out ;)

Congrats to all the team

You made a fantastic creation and with our help, you will now get to make the real thing.

At least it is following the common sense path i suggested a while ago would happen.

e.g. BI would bring him into the fold and split the Arma3 path to allow a different route that can still use code from either path.

Not my business but i hope BI gave rocket a large bonus for selling so many copies of an old game.

Moving forward an end to some of the worst aspects of the game DCing, hackers etc, finally will get some sensible gaming, Ive put many many hours into this game/mod and on the whole it was a very pleasurable experience which has reminded me how good online gaming can be, prior to this game i hadn't bothered for 5 + yrs, i was sick of games that glorify killing just for the sake of it and also some of the things that happen in DayZ camping etc.

But in DayZ you come to realize that real life enters the game and real people bring their own morals with it and that's what makes it the game what it is.

A few thoughts going forward to rocket

Please Don't !!

Be swayed from the path by corporate mentality, by its very nature in a games company they will try and make you follow the path they have always followed and this will spoil the game.

Because this is a new breed of realism game, and if that is changed by corporate thinking it will just end up with the cod/BF games and fail.

Don't just allow for one type of gamer, you have a rare chance here to make all sides happy, maybe some of us don't want to build underground compounds and just explore instead.

I couldn't care less about killing other players but my m8 relishes it, there has to be a balance for all

Please Do !!

Stick to that idea in your head of what the game needs.

You've been right so far for the most part.

Make use of the better aspects of Arma 3, it will look fantastic

Definitely stop the DCing and the duping and the hackers.

Make use of use what about an alpha test only open to to those of us who have logged 20+ steam or game hours in game, i don't mind signing an NDS or even an extra skin for those that faithfully reported faults on the devheaven site, you get the picture.

And we get to pay again, so be it , it will be well worth it to say in some small part.

I helped to make that game possible .....

• Like 3

Yes Baby!!

Surviving since 2001 with Bohemia.This is by far the Best News in the last Years :D

Congrats To the Hole Team.

You Definitely get my Beans :beans:

I pre-ordered Carrier Command HD from BIS, I'm not sure what engine that uses but I'd imagine it's based on the current Arma/RV3 engine core and it looks and feels very different to Arma 2 too. I don't see why DayZ couldn't get it's own incarnation of the RV3/RV4 engine and tools also.

Edited by BoneMender

I'm playing dayZ since may. Terrific news and im glad I've been a part of this as a pc gamer, its been a pleasure for me. Thanks for that.

Also the best thing happened I guess. I got high hopes on standalone game since its rocket + bohemia. It couldnt be any better.

ok, i really really need a rough estimate when its gonna be released.

need to plan my expenses :D

also, how will multiple characters per player work out?

will we get accounts? like a real login to dayz?

or will it bind to a key like before?

can we have multiple characters per account?

if not,

are we allowed to have multiple accounts?

i will pay any price it takes for my three characters, just need to know a release date so i can have the money ready.

Edited by Azrail

Hopefully it will use a new map with less military weapons and more post apocalyptic feel to it. Chernorus is to tidy except from the wrecks. I want to see garbage, corpses, barricades, wrecks, burned out buildings, abandoned roadblocks, polluted areas and dead animals. AND NO DUPING BUG!

I highly doubt that the stand alone DayZ game, which spawned from the mod of a 4 year old program, using some reflections from the Arma 3 engine...will be using the same map from the previously mentioned mod birthed from a 4 year old game /runonsentance. Bugs will always be present in any game.

But being a stand alone, I'm sure Rocket and the dev team can get most, if not all of the "game breaking" bugs dealt with and sorted out. What really maters now is the customer base and who will stay true to DayZ during the transition. Count me in.

Will happily pay again for the stand alone. Love the way rocket's going about this. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

This could also mean the Arma 3 community alpha will be out before the end of the year...and I'm speculating here.

Yes please!

everyone is waiting on that since e3

ok, i really really need a rough estimate when its gonna be released.

need to plan my expenses :D

also, how will multiple characters per player work out?

will we get accounts? like a real login to dayz?

or will it bind to a key like before?

multiple characters per account?

if not,

are we allowed to have multiple accounts?

i will pay any price it takes for my three characters, just need to know a release date so i can have the money ready.

Hold your horses, the MOD didn't even make its way out of alpha and you want detailed details on the alpha and release on a standalone? Pushy, pushy! Let the man work!

• Like 2

Minecraft pricing? I can live with that ^^

Keep in mind to provide Modding tools, that's a thing the Minecraft community is screaming for since a year now.

yeah arma is dead we get no more patches :D:D no more working patches :D no more bugfixes ... oh wait .. please fix the bugging dead zombie please ! i cant play dayz for weeks because of this .. oh wait ... you wanted to fix this since 1 week ... oh wait ! you make money now :D thanks ok :D