griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

This is a good game MOD,and i enjoy playin it and will keep ejoying till release, if they whanna take pepoples money for a alpha to develop the game more, go ahead but they are not getting my money for a game in alpha developement i just hope they keep the statistic thread updaeted so i can see how maney ppl actually payed for it.

No idea, but Im really hoping for a new custom map. There is too much meta-gaming.

If only you guys could have experienced what I did way back when before there were guides, tutorials, maps etc...playing for the first time in the pitch black (before the gamma exploit was known).

I know this will fall on deaf ears; when the standalone comes out, do yourself a favour and do not look at maps/guides...the experience is 10x greater when you are truly lost in the woods.

I remember those days...of no guides, tutorials, loot maps and playing in the pitch black (before the gamma exploit was known).

and I feel the same way, stay away from loot maps!!! its basically hacking/cheating in my eyes.

• Like 1

any chance to see on PS3 one day, maybe? :) im not a PC gamer, but i`ve seen many DayZ LP`s and yeah, i like it. :)

I don't think so. Except you have ever seen a tactic shooter on a Playstation 3? (Since they stopped developing Ghost Recon)

But you wouldn't be satisfied, there just too few buttons on your pad bro.

Edited by en1mal

I remember those days...of no guides, tutorials, loot maps and playing in the pitch black (before the gamma exploit was known).

and I feel the same way, stay away from loot maps!!! its basically hacking/cheating in my eyes.

Im playing games since about 12 years. Running threw Chernarus with no single clue where the fuck i am, reading signs and shit... aww.. one of the best gaming experiences i had!

Edited by en1mal
  • Like 2

What does this mean concerning ArmA 3 and the talk that's been going on of DayZmod being imported into Arma 3? Seems like a huge hassle to have DayZmods for Arma 2 and 3 and then the standalone in development. Tried to search the thread but didn't find anything concerning this.

Fantastic news, i wonder which engine they choose. I can see this becoming the game of they year, if not the decade. Just focus on proper zombie behaviour and animations pls, the mod version is really awkward. Something like l4d zombies. So many questions going through my mind right now :) I'm looking forward to creating bases and all the lategame stuff B)

DayZ Standalone has been confirmed.

Facts:

• The game will be released in an Alpha build for a low price point
  • Rocket is project lead for DayZ at Bohemia Interactive.
  • DayZ is set to follow the Minecraft pricing and development model.
  • There will be continued support for DayZMOD alongside DayZ game.

Release date: Unknown

Price: Unknown

Minimum Requirements: Unknown

More information at: www.dayzgame.com

Would love to get a few official advertisement graphics, and I can stick them up on my website to advertise the final product.

I'm assuming whatever engine it's going to use it's going to be much more compatible? As in, no need for troublesome workarounds such as melee weapons actually shooting a short ranged bullet and the like?

Can I just say,

I have just paid for the games needed to run the mod, and plan to download Day Z Mod tonight, I have watched Day Z game play so much on YouTube I couldn't wait any longer,

I don't care the price I paid for the game to get the mod, as this is a game I have wanted since I started playing games all together!

so when the standalone game, I really don't care on the price, I will be buying it!

Also the

Limited edition idea ( even if they are just cosmetic things ) would be great, it would get a bit more revenue for your game, and I assume a lot of people would pay for this too, I know I would

also what would be great, would be on the map you currently have, to maybe develop a couple of small islands on the same map, so people can hold out there, and others can boat over, helicopter over or just swim over n try assault the island, would be interesting hold points for survivors

• Like 1

This explains the lethargic rate of progress on DayZ lately

Exactly. Whenever I saw these idiotic 'Why aren't they fixing this, why aren't they fixing that' posts I thought 'Well they're probably working on getting that agreement with BI signed and working on the standalone already'.

Can I just say,

I have just paid for the games needed to run the mod, and plan to download Day Z Mod tonight, I have watched Day Z game play so much on YouTube I couldn't wait any longer,

I don't care the price I paid for the game to get the mod, as this is a game I have wanted since I started playing games all together!

so when the standalone game, I really don't care on the price, I will be buying it!

Also the

Limited edition idea ( even if they are just cosmetic things ) would be great, it would get a bit more revenue for your game, and I assume a lot of people would pay for this too, I know I would

also what would be great, would be on the map you currently have, to maybe develop a couple of small islands on the same map, so people can hold out there, and others can boat over, helicopter over or just swim over n try assault the island, would be interesting hold points for survivors

Your money will be contributed towards the development of DayZ and other BIS games. Thank you for buying Arma 2 in spite of this announcement :)
  • Like 1

I made a standalone suggestion thread quite a while ago, hopefully now it can see some use. Inventory UI mock ups included :) can be found here

Edited by ruarz

I am looking forward to buy "DayZ the game" :D and I hope it will become a phenomenom like Minecraft.

Has anyone said something about the engine it will use?

Congratulations Rocket. I hope the standalone turns out to be everything you hoped for. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I paid for Arma 2 for nothing, what a waste. Give me DayZ for free!!!!

LOL no, joking!

Great news. I hope it can improve game stability and overall quality. Thank you Rocket again.

DayZ is great. Now we need asap better anti cheat/script system. It can waste any game. I played Need 4 Speed: World. It was another very good game, but totaly wasted, because cheaters friendly. I hope, DayZ will be not!!! But last days looks bad. I was on few servers last night and every where cheaters.

I will pay for DayZ, I just hope it will be no €49 :D

Cheers!

I will BUY this game ASA it's released! Damn it can't wait to follow futher development of the game!

EDIT:

When i write released, I mean - when you are able to buy it!

Edited by Justice1337

Wanted to post the famous Shut up and take my money picture but only a link shows up... soooooooooooo just saying it out loud I guess. SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!

Edited by Ottis

Great to hear an announcement of an upcoming release. Can't wait to get this thing purchased. :) <3