griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

Awesome news. Only one thing to say:

Hhn4w.gif

This, exactly this!

• Like 1

come one guys.. no game can be hackproof, there is always! ALWAYS! a way to hack a game, when a server responds..

Tell me one Game, that is not hacked.. Just one? There is no one!

BF3, BF2, COD, every COD!, CSS, every game with many players has hacks which will be sold by some stupid asses..

And be bought from more stupid asses..

The more players are playing and the more are flaming for getting killed, the more fun has the hackers to kill you!

Would everyone just shut up and don't claim all the time, mamama i got killed - i'm so poor, my life is over, all my weapons are gone...

Pussy acting, that's what hackers and cheaters attracts and is fun for them. So stop complaining, you make it just worse.

So YEAH - It is the communities fault and i agree 100% to dayz staff.

And no, there is no anti-cheat tool which works fine. No one. Punkbuster is crap, also the one from CS.

If dayz comes out of the same pricelevel like minecraft, i will do the same with minecraft.. Buy it 5 or more times!

Well, you'll always find one or two cheats on FPS games, like aimbots and wallhacks. But these hacks are nothing compared to the hacks available for Arma / DayZ.

On BF3, a cheater will be able to headshot anyone. Annoying, but that's all. On Arma you can transform someone into a cow, teleport every one into a specific place, give yourself any weapons, get invisible, etc ... Can you do that in BF3 & COD ? I doubt it.

• Like 1

Excellent news, I hope they do put a good price on it too $60-80.

This will keep the idiots and hackers away.

Yes, because no hacker or idiot has ever played a game with a $60 price tag.

So yeah, saw a cool post earlier, it was in a jokingly way. Is there any chance this DayZ Standalone, will be mod-able... >:)

yEah ! DayZ the game and DayZ the mod :D

is like having two kind of Minecraft xD

Great news!

Grats to DayZ team, and :beans: 's to you all ;)

I'll support "any" payment-model you guys come up with :thumbsup:

Thread unlocked. I don't want to see anyone posting anything like;

"I paid for Arma 2 for nothing, what a waste. Give me DayZ for free!"

You bought a game for a free mod, that was the decision you made. By the time the standalone is released, you will have 2 games (Arma 2, DayZ) for less than the price of Skyrim.

People who fail to heed this warning will receive one.

Even if you bought skyrim on the steam summer sale :D ??

• Like 1

Excellent news, I hope they do put a good price on it too $60-80.

This will keep the idiots and hackers away.

lol hackers dfont mind spending money, they buy a new cd key whenever they get banned a high price wont deter them........ man so hard biting my tongue but 1 warnign is enough for me

I was just wondering how much you were going to keep models from the original mod in the standalone. Were you planning on using the same survivor skin which is just taken from the PMC expansion or were you planning on adjusting it a little for a more custom survivor? The same with other skins.

This is fantastic new for Dayz.

There's a lot of community questions incoming I'm sure!

Engine? Will it be ARMA 3's?

Yes it will use the Arma 3 engine.

"But there will be some changes to playability brought on by the move from mod to game. Rebuilding from the ground up with the latest version of Bohemia's Real Virtuality engine (which was shown to great effect

) will also allow the standalone DayZ to have more diffuse nighttime lighting, rather than the practically unplayable near-pitch-blackness of the current mod."

*Source http://arstechnica.c...dalone-release/

Edited by nexXtec

Pls after sell game... correct the numerous flaws that have this game, because then no one will buy it .... Since alpha and grace we accept, but paid the thing changes.

STUPID GAYHOMOFAGS give DAYZ Free to everyone who bought Arma to support DAYZ and dont be so greedy you little cunts

Finally, someone reasonable around here.

• Like 4

STUPID GAYHOMOFAGS give DAYZ Free to everyone who bought Arma to support DAYZ and dont be so greedy you little cunts

Do you expect Rocket to live off beans for the rest of his life? Would you like to spend countless hours working for free? I sure as hell wouldn't..

• Like 2

He has a point ARMA 2 has been the top selling game on Steam thanks to DayZ. It should be free OR a discount to whoever bought Arma 2. Instead being so greedy they should pay Rocket a fair amount of the money they made THANKS to HIS mod.

But whatever if I would be in his place I would do the same money is money, glad to hear it will be a standalone game, good luck on it!

Edited by Serova

Just wanted to say I am exstatic and can not wait for the standalone. Loving every minute of this game.

So essentially, everyone who just bought ArmAII to play DayZ (excluding me because I bought it to play DayZ AND ArmA ;) ) is pretty feeged into the bass. I can totally understand that this upsets ppl. Also hearing about the upgrades the standalone will receive, it will be way superior to the mod wich makes it kinda obsolete except for maybe a tiny group of players...

So I´m really looking forward for the standalone version, and I think if the pricing is reasonable I will definitley join the fun, if only for the upgraded tech.

Still theres this feeling of a lot of people getting screwed here...

• DayZ is set to follow the Minecraft pricing

I havent played Minecraft. can you clear out what the cost of the game/payments is please ? :)

Do you expect Rocket to live off beans for the rest of his life? Would you like to spend countless hours working for free? I sure as hell wouldn't..

Guys, please report the insane posts instead of quoting them.

• Like 1

I havent played Minecraft. can you clear out what the cost of the game/payments is please ? :)

At First Minecraft was 10$ (alpha stage) and after 26.95$ ("Complete" game)

They Still Running Major Update

So, DayZ will probably cost around 10$ (at start) and after a couple updates they will raise the price ^_^

Let's Just Hope It Wont Be Pay Per Month or Pay For Win :(

Edited by Duffman
  • Like 1

At least we now know why we still don't have a fix for the current, broken version.

I think this is also a taste of mod DayZ response once the standalone is released.

You really think this guy is going to give one crap about the free mod once he has a paid version out...let us not be naive.

It's all well and good, outside of the fact you'll now be charging people for an 'alpha' version, which is ridiculous.

No one is getting screwed.The community stood up and supported DayZ by purchasing Arma2 in order to play it. This gave BI the proof it needed to finance DayZ into a standalone game. We rose up and spoke as 1 million, proved that we wanted this game, and in return we get a standalone. Who cares about the money. It's the point that we were able to start a movement. To get a game that is different than COD or BF. Different than WoW. This is the next gen mmo. A zombie sandbox that lets us do whatever we want. Without a specific goal or objective. Everyone is talking about DayZ, It's going to become it's own game, and we get to be a part of it. Well worth the money spent.

Forgot the tldr:

Don't complain about purchasing the standalone after purchasing Arma 2. If you are in that kind of financial scenario where you can't waste any more money on a game, you should have stopped yourself from purchasing Arma 2 in the first place.

Edited by Denalb
  • Like 17

No one is getting screwed.The community stood up and supported DayZ by purchasing Arma2 in order to play it. This gave BI the proof it needed to finance DayZ into a standalone game. We rose up and spoke as 1 million, proved that we wanted this game, and in return we get a standalone. Who cares about the money. It's the point that we were able to start a movement. To get a game that is different than COD or BF. Different than WoW. This is the next gen mmo. A zombie sandbox that lets us do whatever we want. Without a specific goal or objective. Everyone is talking about DayZ, It's going to become it's own game, and we get to be a part of it. Well worth the money spent.

Wow! You Have All My Beans Sir! ^_^