griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

For those interested in what the dev team is focusing on at first with the standalone check out this PCgamer interview:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/08/21/interview-the-standalone-future-of-dayz-and-what-it-means-for-players/

Rocket states his priorities as getting a handle on the hacking issues and that there will of course be bugs and problems with the first initial release of the standalone alpha. I think (at least I hope) we can expect much faster fixes and responses by the dev team to problems with the standalone than with the current DayZ.

I think (at least I hope) we can expect much faster fixes and responses by the dev team to problems with the standalone than with the current DayZ.

Ofcourse there will be. One is a mod developed for free by people giving up their free time, the other will be a paid for game supported by a team paid to support it.

I'm cool with whenever this standalone goes down. Now that Rocket has the ability to basically put whatever he wants to into the game I'm much more excited for DayZ. It is always hard to wait for something you're looking forward to, but all this crying really isn't going to do anything except maybe annoy the team. Let's all just chill out and let the magic happen.

• Like 1

This may already be in the works but some kind of DayZ standalone benchmark would be nice for those who are unsure if their computer can reasonably handle the gameplay. (Of course, a general Real Virtuality 4 benchmark would work as well)

Will be someting like a... fuck i dont know how say this in english, its when you buy the game before he gets out, here in my country we call pré-venda, and if will, how many will cost for us? :3

These are the questions which may be a reason for a lot of players to not buy the standalone, at least not in the first weeks/months after release. DayZ has a huge fanbase right now, but Rocket an Co let them sit in the dark without information. In times when State of Decay and The WarZ are about to enter the final part of development this could be deadly for DayZ, cause a lot of players might change the game one of them. We don't know if we have to fight for weeks agains bugs like it is right now or if they test their updates seriously on various systems and shoot out some hotfixes if someone goes wrong..

...no one knows.. Top reason to not buy the standalone after release..

Seriously? War Z (screenshot game) and State of Decay (not that appealing)?

I'm actually buying the standalone even though it will have bugs etc.

And I'm pretty sure you will be buying standalone as well even though you keep saying reasons people will not buy it. :P

I will buy the standalone. The hackers are annoying, but this is still one of the best games I've played in a long time.

• Like 3

I will buy the standalone. The hackers are annoying, but this is still one of the best games I've played in a long time.

Atleast hackers in the standalone will be really really less than now.

Looking forward to the standalone ;) and gratefull to be part of the Alpha even though I didnt input anything but at least I didn't whine lol. People seem to forget that the mod is an alpha and only programming test teams usually have access to this , but the DayZ gang used this opertunity to test to see if a standalone would be workable, and for an alpha it works pretty damn good. The mod is an experiment and thanks to all the players who have played this mod and bitched and whined and had ideas how to do things better Rocket and the dev team can make the actual game. In the words of Borat "Great Success!". And also on the plus side I have Arma2 lol .. I also had arma 1 :P

• Like 1

Will standalone have the same content as Arma 2 mod? (or the arma 2 mod development will be abandoned?)

Woohoo but im still gonna buy the game and play it till the DayZ standalone came out, and beside I need a lot of practice :P

Will standalone have the same content as Arma 2 mod? (or the arma 2 mod development will be abandoned?)

the news system sucks here, whats going on now with this "game".

Some answers here: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/72533-the-reddit-questions-answers/

And some here: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/75035-news-from-gamescom/

i will buy it too,but do something with hackers,game is becoming really boring. today i spent a lot of time near airfield to get a normal equipement, i did that. but lost everything in second when appeared in the sky and fell down,everyone died on the server, i lost everything. :| it already happend 3rd time to me,hackers are killing the game! fuck off

i will buy it too,but do something with hackers,game is becoming really boring. today i spent a lot of time near airfield to get a normal equipement, i did that. but lost everything in second when appeared in the sky and fell down,everyone died on the server, i lost everything. :| it already happend 3rd time to me,hackers are killing the game! fuck off

The point with the standalone is that it will effectively be "locked down" making it much harder for hackers and script kiddies to operate. The Arma engine is vulnerable in it's current state, it was designed specifically to allow script injections. In the future this won't be the case.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

The point with the standalone is that it will effectively be "locked down" making it much harder for hackers and script kiddies to operate. The Arma engine is vulnerable in it's current state, it was designed specifically to allow script injections. In the future this won't be the case.

I'll believe it when I see.

No more updates?

only because of Dayz Stalone?!

So to say who bought the ARMA II will get screwed?!

this is called lack of consideration!

I bought ARMA II only because of Dayz is now without updating because of Dayz Stalone, this is mta lack of respect!

The mod will continue as a project even after the release of the standalone. In fact, after it's opened up to other modders (which is Rockets intention) there's going to be a lot of interesting things to look forward to in the future, even without the standalone.

It's going to be a whole other engine. (Hoping for Arma III and that the engine for that has been overhauled)

The current hacks won't be useable on that.

And if the DayZ team get complete control of it (this is where the stand alone part comes into play), they can easly lock out unwanted code, and control the environment allot better.

ATM the current dayz version is also simply a hack on arma 2 if you break it down.

The only reason DayZ right now has so many hackers is because it's a mod, it's built into ArmA 2 and the engine was designed for ArmA 2, Bohemia gave a lot of trust and freedom to players to use the engine as a war simulator, which for DayZ is backfiring since it lets people run scripts and "hack".

Chances are, none of the "hackers" that are hacking DayZ right now, could actually hack a secure game. They are just abusing the ease of the ArmA 2 engine since it doesn't put up a fight.

With the standalone, they will be getting a personalized engine for DayZ, along the lines of the ArmA 3 engine I am guessing, but tailored. So it can be locked down and secured, meaning to hack becomes considerably harder. It WILL be much, much more secure, no question. And all of the wannabe hackers that are trying to ruin this mod, won't even know where to start on the standalone. It will bitch slap them at the front door like the majority of games do that have secure engines.

Still, at least the ArmA 2 engine isn't as hackable as the id Tech 3 engine, and that was actually trying.

No more updates?

only because of Dayz Stalone?!

So to say who bought the ARMA II will get screwed?!

this is called lack of consideration!

I bought ARMA II only because of Dayz is now without updating because of Dayz Stalone, this is mta lack of respect!

Then you're a fool for buying a game solely for an alpha mod.

And DayZ-Mod will still be developed, it'll probably be used to test new features before they get ported and made better for the standalone.

Edited by SuperCalleh
  • Like 1