griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

@Xainn - The point I was making is, the job is already done. Why start nitpicking?

EDIT: I found this comment in the graveyard. Relevant to the point below by Ovation.

But in all seriousness though, we are working on a tumblr post soon, the more times I have to reply to reddit threads, forum threads, people adding me on facebook to ask me the same questions that are everywhere on the internet, but thinking they will get a different response because they are speaking to me on facebook, only delay it. I'm sure Dean (Rocket) will agree with me here.

Please for the love of god use google before you ask questions, it doesn't matter if your the second or the five hundred and sixteenth person to ask the same question the answer is going to be the same as the first time we have been asked it, unless a significant amount of time has passed e.g. six weeks not two hours

Peace.

It's awesome having the team being so candid about this sort of thing. Edited by Chabowski
  • Like 3

A lot of you people will not understand this.

you think rocket is a riddle maker and he will not tell you whats going on because he can?

It's sad.. he trys to point out to you he cannot confirm anything at this time because its up to stakeholders side of things

and you all still cannot get it.

He cannot announce anything because he does not know if steam can release this year. he cannot say its delayed because steam might bring it out this year

he cannot tell you this because it's (Actual comment from rocket) "I could announce all these things but it is unfair until all those stakeholders involved have a chance to input as they are affected"

So to put an end to this complaining HE CAN'T TELL YOU SHIT RIGHT NOW.

no 1 play this dayz version right now.

1- its full of hackers

2- bugs are everywhere

3- even white listed servers are full of cheaters.

• Like 2

no 1 play this dayz version right now.

1- its full of hackers

2- bugs are everywhere

3- even white listed servers are full of cheaters.

Strange, Ive been playing all week with no worries. I haven't seen a hacker in months, I don't have a dedicated server to play on. the only bugs I see are the ones spreading crap.

@chabowski

I understand the point you were making and it is a valid point. I was only correcting the misunderstanding of marketing terms/strategies and business models that seem to be thrown about on forums.

My point is primarily: Any company who is traded publicly who makes a public announcement that they have "an update" on any product or service they may provide and then simply don't, pay for it with a decrease in shareholder value. The same has happened here. Rocket made an announcement regarding an update but then didn't deliver and the repercussion is people persistently pestering and hassling him for that update. The consequences in this case are much less dire obviously, but the same principles apply.

tl;dr- The reaction in these forums is spot on with what the global market would expect. Telling people to stop reacting in a normal fashion is a waste of breath.

will this be released on xbox I would appreciate that seeing as how my computer isn't great.

will this be released on xbox I would appreciate that seeing as how my computer isn't great.

If it ever happens, won't be for a long time.

woops wrong thread.

Edited by Dallas

Rocket

People dont want riddles. They want actual news.

You said it would be out by the end of the year. Its now 18th December where i live.

You could at least give an update and keep your community informed.

If you didnt set these targets then it wouldnt of mattered that much, but, you did set a target and said it HAS to be out this December.

I find the lack of news unprofesional

Especially when you keep saying you will have updates and never come through with them.

Any why post on reddit? Why not here where your community is? And why these riddles?

Cmon mate, sort it out.

• Like 2

Keep it on-topic. I've had to split/merge the thread three times today. Next person to derail it to talk about another game is taking a break from the forums.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 1

All I see are babies waiting for their next bottle feeding session and unfortunately, I'm one of them.. MA-MA!

• Like 2

All I see are babies waiting for their next bottle feeding session and unfortunately, I'm one of them.. MA-MA!

You know it's bad when rocket's last comment on reddit is in the negative points (compared to his other comments).

http://www.reddit.com/user/rocket2guns

Edited by Jony_RocketInMyPocket

I'm not sure what kind of promise the Dev team made to the gaming community, but if they say one thing and do not uphold it within a timely manner--then that shows bad PR. Yeah, cool--glad they are working their butts off for us, but they are also going to get paid as well from our pockets. The people who are desperately trying to defend these people need to take the fan-boyism down a notch and wait until the product is released. Becoming this involved does not benefit you in anyway other than wasting your time trying to prove minor points on a forum.

• Like 4

Hey guys, so it does not look good at the moment! It seems some can not wait! Patience is a virtue;). So you better chill and wait. Is coming soon and I'll see you in cherno +

I know i should have waited for dayz but being warz on steam was so tempting. Still i'm planning to buy dayz sometime though when it's on sale or something.

Keep it on-topic. I've had to split/merge the thread three times today. Next person to derail it to talk about another game is taking a break from the forums.

Edited by smasht_AU

I know i should have waited for dayz but being w*rz on steam was so tempting. Still i'm planning to buy dayz sometime though when it's on sale or something.

So I guess you are taking brake from the forum. lol

Oh man, releasing one of the best game concepts in the world escalated to endless whining and a forum struggling to load pages due to the mass of people f5'ing.

For both groups there is something to say.

What we see is false statements from the developers, meaning the whole 'there will be an announcement but there didn't come one incident.'

What we also see is people clinging on to these unrealistic targets that the dev team set. Because, let's be realistic, converting a bare bones alpha bugfest mod to a whole new engine with even some new content within 4 months, come on people, it would be unrealisticly fantastic.

Don't get me wrong, props for trying to achieve a goal like that, great ambition, but we shouldn't cling to it too much.

I for one think every developer has to go for a 'when it's done' approach, it prevents stuff like this from happening.

PS. Dev team you have all my support, great initiative alltogether.

Edited by Circuleer
  • Like 1

Has there been any word on how the SA will be performance wise compared to the mod ?, id kill a zombie with a spoon for another 10fps

Has there been any word on how the SA will be performance wise compared to the mod ?, id kill a zombie with a spoon for another 10fps

What rocket said is:

The game might look the same but will be completely rewritten under the hood.

Which means, it will look about the same but on a different engine.

So yes, there is a big fat chance your FPS will improve a lot.

Edited by Circuleer

Sorry if this has already been asked.

I haven't played DayZ mod yet as i need to buy a PC to play it. I'm looking at the specs to be able to play DayZ, but now i know a standalone is coming soon (in two or three months max?) I am going to wait for the standalone to come so i can buy a PC entirely to fit the requirement specs for that.

But can someone tell me, is Dayz standalone going to be less specs than Arma2?

As a lot of people have told me Arma2 is coded bad and eats RAM. So if that problem is fixed it will definitely help me financially if i can get a cheaper PC.

Can someone sum up what we know about the standalone?

I really don't want to dig through 123 pages of thread...

Sorry if this has already been asked.

I haven't played DayZ mod yet as i need to buy a PC to play it. I'm looking at the specs to be able to play DayZ, but now i know a standalone is coming soon (in two or three months max?) I am going to wait for the standalone to come so i can buy a PC entirely to fit the requirement specs for that.

But can someone tell me, is Dayz standalone going to be less specs than Arma2?

As a lot of people have told me Arma2 is coded bad and eats RAM. So if that problem is fixed it will definitely help me financially if i can get a cheaper PC.

From what I understand, it's going to be a smoother engine, which indeed means the game will get less CPU/RAM intensive, which would indeed mean it has lower requirements.

It also depends on the budget u want to spend on your PC, I recently bought a pc for high end gaming since my old PC just simly gave up the ghost.

I spent 920 euro's and got a PC which can run EVERY game on MAX settings with smooth FPS.

• Like 1