griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

Thread unlocked. I don't want to see anyone posting anything like;

"I paid for Arma 2 for nothing, what a waste. Give me DayZ for free!"

You bought a game for a free mod, that was the decision you made. By the time the standalone is released, you will have 2 games (Arma 2, DayZ) for less than the price of Skyrim.

People who fail to heed this warning will receive one.

nobody has officially paid for dayz mod, i wish people would understand that we bought arma 2 and got arma 2 we also choose to download a free mod for that game, we got our moneys worth already by getting arma 2

I wouldn't be disheartened if standalone was pushed to next year Dont rush it!, also anyone have any idea how much the standalone will cost or when it will be announced?

• Like 1

nobody has officially paid for dayz mod, i wish people would understand that we bought arma 2 and got arma 2 we also choose to download a free mod for that game, we got our moneys worth already by getting arma 2

I wouldn't be disheartened if standalone was pushed to next year Dont rush it!, also anyone have any idea how much the standalone will cost or when it will be announced?

agreed, some people do really not understand, that DAYZ is actually a FREE mod for a game, called arma 2! And i really don't understand them, why don't they play also some real arma, and find out what's the game is about, and not killing tons of zombies in dayz only. I've been playing arma 2 for few years, and do still play it more then dayz, warfare missions are just what i love in arma 2 most, currently.

Redux has that feeling of the DayZ's first months plus there's no such thing as one-hit-kill weapons (and awesome new tent model). But.. players are even more paranoic, EVEN MORE.

My only issue is I'll be building a new pc very soon, and I'm wanting to play this. I'm hoping there will be some info released soon as to the possibility of the SA being released this month still or being pushed back. I wouldn't mind buying Arma 2 just for that game, but I don't know if I want to get it right away if the DayZ SA is going to be released soon. Sorry just a bit of a rant.

Nothing is confirmed. There's hope for 2012, but 2013 is a possibility.

it clearly says December 2012 on the first page

ive heard it will be around 15-20 euros

Lol no i don't think that much, since rocket mentioned it will be minecraft pricing model I'd say first pre-alpha about 10-15$.

20€ is ridiculous, then what beta 30€ and final game 40€ or even more? That doesn't sound like minecraft model, that's rather EA pricing.

Just to give you idea Arma II + OA costs 25€ on Steam, so 20€ makes absolutely no sense for pre-alpha version. (i hope Rocket is reasonable and will not catch the popularity hook)

Edited by k3lt

The most-quoted price is $10 for alpha release, then incrementally rising price but never more than $30 for the final release.

My only issue is I'll be building a new pc very soon, and I'm wanting to play this. I'm hoping there will be some info released soon as to the possibility of the SA being released this month still or being pushed back. I wouldn't mind buying Arma 2 just for that game, but I don't know if I want to get it right away if the DayZ SA is going to be released soon. Sorry just a bit of a rant.

Regardless of the release date, you will still be building your PC right? Just do it! :)

I think he meant $25 for final game, i dont believe for that price in pre-alpha stage unless Rocket want to suck as much money as he can. (and the Minecraft pricing model was lie)

Edited by k3lt

The only real information you can get here is:

Bla bla dayz bla bla $ bla bla

guys.... just wait... :) it will be cheap and awesome

Yeah, proof or muffins.

No-one but people at BIS knows the price and release date.

No-one.

• Like 1

No-one.

Wait... so are you saying there is an actual price and release date set?

Im so excited a little pee just came out.

• Like 3

No-one.

Why not release it to the public?