griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

There some real knob heads on here. Its a damn video game it will arrive when it is ready. I don't give a toss if Rocket promised an update. He is only human. Us humans make errors no one is perfect. I would lol if they release it at 11.59.59 on the 31st December just to spite all the little brats on here.

When the game is released there is most likely going to be connection problems and stuff so all there little brats are just going to complain anyhow. So what ever happens you are just going to throw your toys out the pram anyhow.

Rocket if you read any of these replies. Just step away from the computer turn your phone off and enjoy Christmas with your family. When your good and ready then come back and continue work on DayZ. We have the DayZ mod to keep us going and all the other great titles that have been released recently. I can't believe a free mod has kept me from playing Hitman and Far Cry 3.

Edited by ocelot20
  • Like 1

Rocket if you read any of these replies. Just step away from the computer turn your phone off and enjoy Christmas with your family. When your good and ready then come back and continue work on DayZ. We have the DayZ mod to keep us going and all the other great titles that have been released recently. I can't believe a free mod has kept me from playing Hitman and Far Cry 3.

And Rocket when your done turning off your phone, insert your disk into ocelot20's hard drive, as he so dearly craves, and if you have the spare time to read this, could you perhaps spare a moment to address the community that loves your mod so much, on the Official Forums? Afterall we are all happy to wait, would just appreciate some communication. Thanks Merrry Christmas.

Sorry, really hard not to flame here, I think I spilt Gasoline on my keyboard.

• Like 4

Why?

Caps, multiple posts with same content, creating new threads on already existing subjects.

If he/she wants to discuss issues, then fine. Being a pain is not.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 3

What is happening is that ARMA II was just released on the Winter Steam Sales. That's why he can't confirm when the game will be released, because it will most likely be released just after the Winter Steam Sales. People will buy the ARMA II because it's really cheap, and then they will release the SA, giving a huge bitchslap to everyone who bought the ARMA II just to play DayZ, and make them spend more money to get the SA after.

This is the one of the logic reasons not to give any news, and why the went back on his own word and didn't release any extra information.

This is just speculation, but it's a logic scenario. He probably wanted to tell everyone that the game was being released after the Winter Sales, but Bohemia pressured him not to. Maybe that's why he's even stressed, because he has the game ready, everyone is complaining, but he can't do anything about it.

If I happened to buy the ARMA II now, I would be seriously pissed, because I don't give a damn about ARMA II, only about DayZ. And there are many people like me.

If this turns out to be true, people will still buy the SA, but they will never trust Rocket anymore. So I hope the game has been delayed and that the Winter Sales has nothing to do with this, but if it has, I'm not trusting the DayZ team anymore.

Edited by esuoh
  • Like 9

Rockets also planning to assassinate Father Christmas and steal your presents.

• Like 1

@ esuoh

It seems logical to me, Dayz SA out in the steam will kill ArmA 2 sales.

Today I like ARMA 2, I'll buy the ARMA 3, but before Dayz this game never interested me until know your potential.

What is happening is that ARMA II was just released on the Winter Steam Sales. That's why he can't confirm when the game will be released, because it will most likely be released just after the Winter Steam Sales. People will buy the ARMA II because it's really cheap, and then they will release the SA, giving a huge bitchslap to everyone who bought the ARMA II just to play DayZ, and make them spend more money to get the SA after.

This is the one of the logic reasons not to give any news, and why the went back on his own word and didn't release any extra information.

This is just speculation, but it's a logic scenario. He probably wanted to tell everyone that the game was being released after the Winter Sales, but Bohemia pressured him not to. Maybe that's why he's even stressed, because he has the game ready, everyone is complaining, but he can't do anything about it.

If I happened to buy the ARMA II now, I would be seriously pissed, because I don't give a damn about ARMA II, only about DayZ. And there are many people like me.

If this turns out to be true, people will still buy the SA, but they will never trust Rocket anymore. So I hope the game has been delayed and that the Winter Sales has nothing to do with this, but if it has, I'm not trusting the DayZ team anymore.

have you ever thought it could be steam waiting till after the sale to maximize their profits on arma sales, if its going on steam they both have to agree on a release date they cant say to steam you must release my game now !! it aint gonna fly..

the game will be out when its out rocket hasnt lied about it.. it was an open ended estimate on completion date

anyways everyone have a good christmas and itll be here before you know it

• Like 2

Hello there

Obviously sarcasm doesn't travel well. Still, it's my fault for using the lowest form of wit.

Lastly, Amber have my muffins, I cant allocate any more beans today.

rgds

LoK

Hello there

Obviously sarcasm doesn't travel well. Still, it's my fault for using the lowest form of wit.

Lastly, Amber have my muffins, I cant allocate any more beans today.

rgds

LoK

orlok always remember sarcasm is lost in print.

ill take those muffins with a smile on my face. ta la

orlok always remember sarcasm is lost in print.

Very true, very true indeed. Thanks for the reminder. More muffins.

Back OT. @everyone Patience. Game will appear. It'll be worth the wait I'm sure. :)

L

Assuming that this"conspiracy profit theory" some of us favor (including me) is really the case. Than in my opinion it would make sense that they release an update for the mod in a couple of dayz.

new buyers from xmas sales + angry community = DayZ Mod 1.7.5 = stfu

DayZ standalone will be the last nail in W**Z coffin...

Soon I hope :)

Rocket needs to provide an update

Hes doing a shitty job tbh

Why say something and then go back on your word

Its pathetic

3Tc9F.jpg

DayZ Standalone has been confirmed.

Facts:

• The game will be released in an Alpha build for a low price point.
  • DayZ will be available on Steam.
  • Rocket is project lead for DayZ at Bohemia Interactive.
  • DayZ is set to follow the Minecraft pricing and development model.
  • There will be continued support for DayZMOD alongside DayZ game.
  • Running on "Arma 2.5" engine. Will include an updated Chernarus map.
  • DayZ Standalone will be released on Steam

Release date: December 2012

Price: Unknown

Minimum Requirements: Unknown

Unless you know something we don't (Or are not exactly allowed to know), I suggest changing the date for release to stop people from misunderstanding

Edited by DeCeItFuLPhOeNiX

Rocket needs to provide an update

Hes doing a shitty job tbh

Why say something and then go back on your word

Its pathetic

And you're ungrateful and have a heart black as coal. Have you ever developed a game? No, you haven't it's no where near as easy as you think and Rocket didn't go back on his word he simply stated that he hoped for a december release

• Like 2

Rockets also planning to assassinate Father Christmas and steal your presents.

Does he have a number where I can contact him? There is a certain rabbit I need to disappear

And you're ungrateful and have a heart black as coal. Have you ever developed a game? No, you haven't it's no where near as easy as you think and Rocket didn't go back on his word he simply stated that he hoped for a december release

No im not

He promises updates and then doesnt deliver

I dont care if the game is delayed or not

He should stick to his word

And ifd he doesnt he should say why

Not the way to do things

Lets be realistic

• Like 1

No im not

He promises updates and then doesnt deliver

I dont care if the game is delayed or not

He should stick to his word

And ifd he doesnt he should say why

Not the way to do things

Lets be realistic

There seems to be a horde of misinformed brick walls in this topic. Rocket NEVER said it will be done by December, NEVER. He did say that he hoped for a December release. This man has dedicate all year to making a game, he only returned home a week ago for the first time this year. He poured his heart and soul into the game to make it what it is. Without him and the dev team there wouldn't be a game at all. Be grateful, it will get you a long way

Lets be realistic

His main reason for being quiet was to not give away surprises he was putting within the game... he said that himself. I get this... but I feel as though being quiet IS NOT A BAD THING, as long as you don't tell your community you'll be giving them a update in regards to progression, weeks ago and never come out with it... I think everyone has reason to be asking, day in and day of about updates - not riddles, on a rather quiet topic now... saying "the standalone is good" is not really a update. I do believe that everything on the alpha is ready to go... and that there is untold factors in regards to steams sales that are holding it up.

Arma 2 OA was around the top sellers BEFORE the sale started... from BIS's standpoint - releasing a new cow (DayZ SA) that can be milked before the old one dies away (Arma II OA), is not good business, they didn't bring ol' Dean under their wing because DayZ has 5 active players... and lets face it - most the players that are buying Arma 2 OA are either script kiddies that got snag'd playing god at DayZ, or those last few souls that live on earth that are just discovering DayZ MOD...

Edited by FinKone
  • Like 1

@DeCelt

I think it's just because Rocket put so much emphasis on getting it out by December that we figured it would be done, I'm pretty sure that's why everyone (Including me) is so hung up on it being out soon. No he never said 'Hey it's coming out in December' but I remember reading that they were shooting for a Christmas or December release. And even if he was putting his heart into the game (Like I'm sure he is), he should still give the community something or anything to keep us in the loop. It's just throwing a lot of us into the dark.

Now now fellas, let's not forget the real reason we all want to see DayZ out this month. So we can watch it kick W**Z's ass. :]

Nicefish has a point, we don't care if he's going to announce the game launch or if he's going to say it is delayed, he (as like many of us) just want Dean to stick to HIS OWN words that said he would post news 2 weeks ago. NO ONE forced him to say that, instead he just dissapeared from his own forum and devblog and is posting things in Reddit.

I think he went all alone in this. As i said we don't care if the game is going to be delayed, just appear and say something AS YOU SAID YOU WOULD DO, noone else did.

My 2 cents, not putting any pressure on nobody, and if the game is delayed i'm sure it's going to be for a better foundation, as like everybody here, i'm cool with it; i think the problem here is the lack of official information.

PS: Sorry for the gramatics, English is not my first languaje.

Edited by Zalken
  • Like 1