griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

No-one but people at BIS knows the price and release date.

No-one.

You just opened the floodgates Griff!!

damn now the never ending "When is it released and how much since you guys already have it set" really begins.... Graveyard prepare yourself!

Well if you read that with a little common-sense, when you're preparing to release a product, you'd have discussed a price and a target date among your team.

Of course they'll have something pencilled in. But like Rocket said, it could be delayed.

If you make it possible to start threads directly in the Graveyard you might save yourself some work, mods.

• Like 3

LOL I was just trying to make an attempt at humor. I know nothing is officially official and even official things can change.

Im still excited.

And pee still came out.

• Like 4

Lol no i don't think that much, since rocket mentioned it will be minecraft pricing model I'd say first pre-alpha about 10-15$.

20€ is ridiculous, then what beta 30€ and final game 40€ or even more? That doesn't sound like minecraft model, that's rather EA pricing.

Just to give you idea Arma II + OA costs 25€ on Steam, so 20€ makes absolutely no sense for pre-alpha version. (i hope Rocket is reasonable and will not catch the popularity hook)

The alpha release is 15 Euros.

It will increase as the dev stage gets to different levels.

Will it be on mac please do

I think never, would be coding nightmare.

Edited by Zeppa

The alpha release is 15 Euros.

It will increase as the dev stage gets to different levels.

Source.

Im still excited.

And pee still came out.

Somehow you didn't surprise me there Quagmire ;)

I think giving a fair price ($30-$60 USD) is a great idea. Keep all the scary hackers and such away... unless they REALLY want to hack it... buuuuut, I think that there should be a way for people who bought ArmA 2 for DayZ (like me) to get it for free. Yes I read the post saying not to say this but I'm not really saying "GIVE ME DAYZ FOR FREE!!!!111!!1!!1!" I'm saying that there should be a way to get it for free.

Annnddd thats where you lost me.

Hello!!

I wonder when will be the official date of Dayz Standalone and if we will see some Gameplayer before!

bye :P

I think we should push the release date back to March 2017.

Who is with me?

I think that people who bought arma 2 for dayz, should buy Dayz too, and enjoy 2 games :D eh ? :D

On a side note, News about the release date: when it's ready !

• Like 1

and where would you find this god like knowledge?

Under the bridge, where he sleeps and concocts.

it will be released on January 2013 with a $25 price tag.

Obvious troll is obvious. Either that, or you are severely misinformed. Or, I suppose you could possibly be the only actually informed guy around, and everyone else is in the dark, but I doubt that.

Sources.

Dayz may slip to 2013 :(

http://www.escapistm...ay-Slip-to-2013

http://www.videogame...ip_to_2013.html

http://press2reset.c...d-slip-to-2013/

/Sadface

Here is the place to post about SA.

Bb

Thanks for the sources! However it seems to me like this is merely the gamer press picking up the hint in the latest dev blog post that it *could* be delayed and will be if they determine that it isn't ready. So, nothing new here... and now we wait.

• Like 2

Those sources are "bs"... you know how "press" promotes their posts with shit headliners like that...

When rocket said he is ready to postpone the release IF things aint as they should before end of this year.

Then sites makes headlines like that and twists the words to make it more "interesting" and "dramatic", when you take the line out of context it has whone differend meaning.

Best place for your info is the dev blog of rockets.

http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/post/36771692833/dev-report-november-2012

So there its still due before the end of the year 2012, nothing has changed but it COULD change.

Edited by Zeppa
  • Like 1

I think giving a fair price ($30-$60 USD) is a great idea. Keep all the scary hackers and such away... unless they REALLY want to hack it... buuuuut, I think that there should be a way for people who bought ArmA 2 for DayZ (like me) to get it for free. Yes I read the post saying not to say this but I'm not really saying "GIVE ME DAYZ FOR FREE!!!!111!!1!!1!" I'm saying that there should be a way to get it for free.

For example, when you get Garry's Mod on Steam, to download additional content from the website, you need to put an authentication code on your profile. Once you've done that, you log on the website through Steam, and Steam (or Valve, depending on how you want to look at it) will validate that you not only have the authentication code, but Garry's Mod as well. I'm not entirely sure how to set it up, but it would be nice to NOT have to pay for DayZ again. It would even keep the hackers with cracked clients away because Steam would have to be sure that you have ArmA 2 before it gave you DayZ.

They don't have to do this. Heck, I highly doubt they will, but it would be nice because I bought ArmA 2 ONLY for DayZ. I haven't even touched the actual game (I know it sounds stupid, but it's true :/)

They say not to talk about it , but i remember a few months ago in the forums , they said we would be greatly discounted since we bought Arma.